Sign in to follow this  
Mcoupe99

Lots of Vista 64 Issues then BIS?

So from my experience and looking at lots of posts, it would appear that even if you have a high spec PC you are not going to get FPS much better than about 30 on averge using Vista 64?

So is this something that BIS are working on and can they actually fix the issue....Soon?

Or

Is it time to add another Windows system and if so which is best for Arma2 and Games generally?

Ta

DJ

I use Vista 64, no problems. I have 8 gb ram no problems. my video card is a GeForce 8800GT 1GB and my CPU is a Dual Core E8400 3ghz. I average 50-60fps in the woods and drop to between 30-35fps in large towns.

I use Vista 64, no problems. I have 8 gb ram no problems. my video card is a GeForce 8800GT 1GB and my CPU is a Dual Core E8400 3ghz. I average 50-60fps in the woods and drop to between 30-35fps in large towns.

Go Figure! You seem to have kit that others have also been complaining about...

If you dont mind me asking, what are your video settings in game and your Nvidia control panel settings?

I have everything on high exept...

AA disable

Postprocessing disabled

Shadow detail medium

view distance 1500m

Well I had Vista64 but I changed to Win7 because of this game.

It gave me more stable frames and less mouselag (still crappy performance (20FPS) in the mission "Harvest Red" and the single mission "Counter Attack"). Some Vista64ers were talking about a Duoboot, maybe it's something you can think of doing.

My settings are currently:

All on V.High

noAA

Terrain Normal

Obj High.

1920x1200

@ Kenjineering. K I have almost the same system as you, and the strange thing is I ran the game fine,(40-60 fps) in campaign with all very high, 1920x1080, no AA and view distance @ 3500. (same settings in Armamark2 - 3300) 186.06

Then I updated vista 64 to SP2, and goodnight Irene, it all went seriously pear shaped. Now I'm at 24-28 fps in campaign. (dogs of war)