Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

You wanted it. You got it. Now quit your whining.

Trust me - thats not the only advertisement you are falling for. All you had to do in this case was to wait for the demo and see at least a bit of the game for yourself in the demo before buying it. As I've written before, gather informations around the i-net, magazines, tv, play the demo and if possible try to get a close look at the object of desire for yourself before making any decision. You are living in a modern globalized world with informations over informations, so it could be your fault aswell.

How exactly is it my fault the game is not as advertised to me and many others?

How is it my fault the game is buggy?

Why should i have to research a game to find out if its playable? Are you being serious? I've never had to research a game to see if it was playable and not destroyed by game breaking bugs.

I did play the demo and thats why i bought it. The demo ran ok of what i played on it.

Your view it seems is if theres any problems its the users fault? I've tried all the so called fixes etc they dont work. So the problem is on BI's side as far as im concerned.

I'm on both sides here.

I think anyone who calls people morons for having problems with the game are just morons themselves, while at the same time, anyone calling BIS lazy and stupid for releasing a buggy game are also morons.

I love Arma 2 (love Arma 1 as well... regularly), but it's buggy. Fortunately the only problematic bug I've run into after 1.2 is the AI in my group refusing to move (even after I threatened to kill a bunny) but a lot of people are having major issues.

I know BIS is working on it and I'm glad for that.

But anyone who starts screaming abuse at BIS 'cause they haven't released a 4th patch soon enough is not very bright.. or patient, and anyone who abuses a person because they say that they have issues with the game shouldn't be posting in any forum.

So in conclusion, make love not war (unless it's virtual war, in which case, make a pile of bodies), give pea's a chance (avoid carrots, they're evil), and let's all get along (unless you're on the end of my rifle in warfare, in which case... Die Hippy!!!!)

Agreed with every single point Bulldogs just made. Besides the carrots.

How exactly is it my fault the game is not as advertised to me and many others?

How is it my fault the game is buggy?

Why should i have to research a game to find out if its playable? Are you being serious? I've never had to research a game to see if it was playable and not destroyed by game breaking bugs.

I did play the demo and thats why i bought it. The demo ran ok of what i played on it.

Your view it seems is if theres any problems its the users fault? I've tried all the so called fixes etc they dont work. So the problem is on BI's side as far as im concerned.

read: ...it could be your fault...

I'm not here to start a "war" either. Both "sides" may have their reasons to post their opinions. I take it like it is. Anyhow, this is my last statement to threads like this. - for now.

Bug free game?

I am an infrequent PC gamer. I built my PC a couple of years ago and spent what I thought it would take to play most PC titles then available, Crysis included. I got the 'look' from the clerk at the game store when I laid it on the counter "Are you sure you run this, there's no refunds you know?" I told him I was pretty sure I could, and the guy behind me asked me what specs I had for my PC "Q6600 Overclocked, 8800GTX, 4G OCZ Ram, blah, blah, blah...." Well it was OK then and I went home and played it. I crowed to all my pals "Hey I'm playing Crysis dude!" Yeah, at dismal framerates with lag etc etc. What did I know I never played a game like this before, hell hardly any games before.

A quick perusal of the forums opened my eyes. Bugs, Mods, custom configs and the lists go on and on. A lot of smart cats were there offering advise, mods and helping others out. Advise I used to get the game running smoothly and enjoyably. I quickly found out the state of PC games today and came to the conclusion that it is accepted that there will be a period from the release of a title through the first several months of public use when the game is patched and modded repeatedly until it reaches a state that most PCs can run it.

It is also common for a game to be roundly vilified and praised respectively in the first weeks of release until the bugs are patched, the game is optimized and the modders have had a chance to work their magic.

Given these um...'Laws' of PC gaming, I am still surprised at the quitters and whiners. Titles like ArmA2 don't come along every year, there are a lot of smart cats working hard to surprise us and give us the game we and they want.

read: ...it could be your fault...

I'm not here to start a "war" either. Both "sides" may have their reasons to post their opinions. I take it like it is. Anyhow, this is my last statement to threads like this. - for now.

I dont want a war either, but saying it could be the end users fault when it clearly isnt is going a bit far.

Im sure the ranting gets annoying but you have to see it from our eyes, we expect a game to just "work" not fidling around for ages or waiting for patches to sort it out before we can have an enjoyable experience. Maybe this is the norm for you but when i buy something i expect it to just work out of the box.

All he's saying is that it "could" be the end users fault, and from going over the troubleshooting forums you can see that in many cases it is.

It could also be BIS' fault, or nVidia's, or ATi's, or Creatives, or Microsofts, or the pope's, but unless you know what the problem is and exactly what will fix it, then it's hard to say for sure.

All he's saying is that it "could" be the end users fault, and from going over the troubleshooting forums you can see that in many cases it is.

It could also be BIS' fault, or nVidia's, or ATi's, or Creatives, or Microsofts, or the pope's, but unless you know what the problem is and exactly what will fix it, then it's hard to say for sure.

Bingo! :yay:

There is a difference between buggy and not playable at all. There will always be some bugs in a new release to some extend, but the singleplayer campaign turns out not to be playable at all (Dogs of War), and thats unacceptable!

Got the game on friday, it's great, have it's faults but it WILL get sorted out in the next few weeks. Everbody must just relax and give BIS a bit of time to fix the problems! All this bitching an moanung isnt helping.

Better not blame the pope that might just open a whole new debate:p

I

I think anyone who calls people morons for having problems with the game are just morons themselves, while at the same time, anyone calling BIS lazy and stupid for releasing a buggy game are also morons.

I too, have been finding here in the forums, a lot of morons lately. And I'm not referring to people who came here to complain about the game being buggy but to people who came in here and just insult. I'm sure there are here a lot of fanboys from "other games" whose only interest is to troll.

I don't deny there are problems in ARMA 2, but they will be solved. The game for most of us is far from being unplayable.

Remenber that this is not only a BIS problem, we've to wait also for a couple of new Nvidia's and ATI's drivers.

Got the game on friday, it's great, have it's faults but it WILL get sorted out in the next few weeks. Everbody must just relax and give BIS a bit of time to fix the problems! All this bitching an moanung isnt helping.

I disagree, they wouldn't know how wide spread issues were without people complaining. But your right people need to relax and wait the cursing etc certainly doesn't help. Nor does Bohemia calling customers morons.

Yes that's true.

Calling their own customers morons. How professional.

particularly when a BI representative on their forums are calling their very own customers morons.

Actually I was referring to blatant rule breakers such as the person above* who posted a profanity laced, abusive message to a fellow poster, but then I'm pretty sure you knew that already, just wanted to go off on a little agenda rant there didn't you? Well mission accomplished :)

*when I say "above" I should clarify I'm talking about RTTM who posted a rather abusive and insulting profanity laced rant, people who cannot post their opinion without sounding like 12 year old ADD chocolate milk drinkers are morons, people who post their opinions/problems calmly and civilly are the greatest human beings that exist today ;)

Edited by Placebo