Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

You wanted it. You got it. Now quit your whining.

I couldn't agree more...

Crysis AI was very lacking, I thought.

I think BIS has made huge improvements over Arma and OFP. The module system is brilliant in my opinion. If this is the future of the Arma series then I say bring it on !!

With V1.02 patch installed the game plays OK.

I did not play earlier versions.

Future patches will make the game better.

I agree with other posts that this engrossing deep game leaves games like COD series in the dust.

I dont remember where, but i saw this in someones banner. "BIS makes the engine, modders make the game" I expected the bugs. It doesnt mean i was happy about it, but i know i dont play this game for the vanilla arma. I play this game for many mods that will range from ace to zombies to role playing. I would love to see the testing and debugging of BIS increase, yet i will remain ever patient for the mods and patches.

Yeah I'm prepared to wait. However, most of the people who complain have the attention span, and patience of a rodent. So, yeah.

Battlefield rejects have bunny hopped their way into this forum recently, bringing all sorts of agro and bad language... why?

i dont remember the old ArmA forum being like this... fanboy this fanboy that, f*** you, f*** this, f*** that.

Now we have to contend with them on the MP servers bitching and moaning and acting like children.

Make this game with one difficulty level, EXPERT. Trench foot, malaria, homesickness, potato peeling, latrine cleaning, marching and PT. See how many of these smacktards hang around.

Vent over.

Sure it would be nice to have a bugfree game. It's just bloody hard to make if you want to put all features in it Arma2 has.

Ofp had it's quirks, but is a great game.

Arma had it's quirks, but is a great game.

Arma2 has it quirks, but is a great game.

Report your issues in a reproducable,tangible way, don't sit on your arse whining, try to make it better, find help within the community.

That's a productive approach versus a negative non-productive approach.

The first has it's use, the second only leads to frustration. If something like a game frustrates you, it may be best to move on. Maybe you're not really into pcgaming, there will allways be driver-issues, bugs, blabla... Get over it or change your platform/scope.

Arma2 is a like a nice woman, you need to treat her with patience or lose her.

Bis will do and does whatever they can to provide us with the best possible game they can make.

Could not be said better.

Many things has annoyed us and many things still does, but from experience i know most of the annoying things will get dealt with one way or another. If they are not dealt with there will be so many other ways to play this game that it doesnt matter in the bigger picture. ArmA1 was almost dead to me and then ACE came. I could hardly go to bed at nights thanks to it. Talk about a 180. So whatever you think is bad now and if you really like this game but are hung up on some things - it will get better. Just take the time to explore ARMA2 more. Get deeper. Feel the possibilities of this game and the many ways it can be played. Start learning the editor and find out its huge capabilities. This game is massive in case someone just missed that. :)

Binkowski:

Yeah I'm prepared to wait. However, most of the people who complain have the attention span, and patience of a rodent. So, yeah.
LOL! That cracked me up man! QFT! :D

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Look guys, people have problems with this game.

The "Armaholic Optimisation Thread" has over 100,000 views.

There is a sticky for Problems with ATI cards. There is a stick for problems with NVIdia cards. Stickied by the moderators, not the whingers, BTW. So the game has problems with a vast majority of mainstream graphics cards. Looking good so far?

BIS might stop some of the whinging if it actually communicated with its customers.

Start off by producing a "known issue" list. At least people wouldn't pull their hair out on problems they can't fix. They would also know that BIS is on the job.

Telling people that they should be patient is fine, if ARMA2 was a mod, rather than a retail product. People paid for this game and expect it to be able to work. If the game has so many bugs, why didn't it get released as a trial beta?

The game itself is pretty good. But it has caused a lot of people, a lot of problems. Threads like this will really annoy these people.

Edited by householddog

Arma 2 will eventually run well, just like ARMA. Probably in 2 years, just like ARMA. Face it people, we are the beta team, just like we were in ARMA.

Unfinished, unoptimized and buggy perfectly describes the current state of the game. No amount of awesome features the game has will change this fact. I've seen console ports with better optimization than ARMA 2.

This does not take away from the fact that ARMA 2 could be a great game. The scope and depth are very impressive, but it runs like crap. Fact.

I expect it to be up to par when : 1. 4.0Ghz cpus are the norm and 2. about a month before ARMA 3 comes out.

People paid for this game and expect it to be able to work. If the game has so many bugs, why didn't it get released as a trial beta?

I've got about as much sympathy for them as a maths student who didn't revise algebra and then starts mouthing off at the exam moderators because the exam isn't what they expected. They knew what to expect. They must have.

TBH I'm disappointed in ARMA 2. I think for eight years of developement OFP hasn't come anywhere near what it could of been. I was hoping for alot of the old OFP systems to be broken down and rebuilt from scratch but it just hasn't happened and probably never will. It is, however, still worth it's cost if you intend to invest the time and effort to get out of it what you want.

All this flaming and flame baiting is ridiculous though. I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed.

I wasn't in Beta. I never played ARMA 1.

My first experience with ARMA was when I bought it on steam last week after playing the demo for a couple of days.

There are countless bugs with this game, especially MP bugs.

If ANYONE has an issue with guys like me bringing up issues and complaining here and there tuf shit.

I've got about as much sympathy for them as a maths student who didn't revise algebra and then starts mouthing off at the exam moderators because the exam isn't what they expected. They knew what to expect. They must have.

TBH I'm disappointed in ARMA 2. I think for eight years of developement OFP hasn't come anywhere near what it could of been. I was hoping for alot of the old OFP systems to be broken down and rebuilt from scratch but it just hasn't happened and probably never will. It is, however, still worth it's cost if you intend to invest the time and effort to get out of it what you want.

All this flaming and flame baiting is ridiculous though. I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed.

2 things, we knew that ArmA 1 took a long time to get to its current state, its not great but it works. I tried it for the first time for a few weeks and it runs like poo still even with the beta patch. 'We' hoped that BI would have taken all the things they learned from ArmA 1 and fixed them before releasing a new game using the same engine ? Is that too much to ask ? If you say that this is what we should expect from BI then no-one should buy their product on release but 2 years down the line once working, not sure how long a company can last if we all do this ?

2nd thing, this thread has been left open to keep all this crap in one place until it gets out of hand, then it will be closed, a new one will get created (either side of the argument) and it will all start over again, same stupid statements of 'It works for me and the world is rosey stop complaining everyone else' and 'It doesn't work for me so you are all losers' etc.

After reading through the comments and re-reading my original post I guess I was out in left field with it.

Guess it was just some of those "I got robbed..what a pile of crap" type comments that irritated me (and end up bumping useful questions/comments down the page...kinda like I did...:o ).

My apologies.

Np's :)

Edited by Thr0tt

To extend the analogy though, it's like walking into a maths test where 1+1 =3. :)

The game, in itself is pretty good. I really haven't got into the editor though. I really can't see that much difference between it and Armed Assault, in terms of actually gameplay.

The community can sometimes get a little anal about realism, hopefully ACE2 will address some of these issues. Sometimes they get a little gear focused rather than tactics focussed.

Its really meant to be more of a tactical shooter, rather than a strict reality type game IMHO. In this it excels every other FPS out there.

Most proper RL tactics work in this game, overwatch, use of cover,fire teams etc. Which is great!

Its just the bugs and performance that are the problems.

Lack of feedback from the developers is also a little disconcerting. Try asking what the next patch will contain and see how quickly your thread will be shut down. Its not an unreasonable request as far as I am concerned. Especially since people have been spending money, on hardware, to fix the issues.

Well, I am not sure what your trying to say about tactical vs realism. Yet, I do know that the realism will only be kicked up by ACE. As for the difference between A1 and A2, ya a little editor play doesnt make it seem different but one the scripting, programming, and AI levels there is a world of difference. This is the first game of this series that, with some community tweaking, can have what i consider competent AI. Not to mention all the fun I have had with the attachTo command :D. Oh and the modules are amazing. I have already dreamed of a number of things you could do with those to make a radically new mission and mod. Imagine a role playing mod with a module that creates ai mixed with players and random fires and crimes to respond to. I totally understand why some are greatly upset at this and in no way try to tell you guys not to complain. Yet, for those of us who have been around since ofp we see the potential; and it has left our mouths watering. I fully agree, the product should of been better put together, but since it is out and nothing can be done about the past, i can only offer you hope that the community will turn this into the best game you have ever played. You may not want to hear this, but patience is the only option left.

Arma 2 will eventually run well, just like ARMA. Probably in 2 years, just like ARMA. Face it people, we are the beta team, just like we were in ARMA.

Unfinished, unoptimized and buggy perfectly describes the current state of the game. No amount of awesome features the game has will change this fact. I've seen console ports with better optimization than ARMA 2.

This does not take away from the fact that ARMA 2 could be a great game. The scope and depth are very impressive, but it runs like crap. Fact.

I expect it to be up to par when : 1. 4.0Ghz cpus are the norm and 2. about a month before ARMA 3 comes out.

Agreed, but i'm getting tired of all this now. It's a never ending cycle with BIS.

When they release a 'new' game we basically have the exact same content as the previous game, but with better graphics. The old bugs that were eventualy squished in the previous game, are back in the new game, and the cycle goes on.

I for one am more unhappy about the island than anything else. I read that BIS devs said that the updated vegetaion would make the island run a whole lot better, but i still see the same lod issues and frame rate dips when in and around wooded areas.

If it was realy that better optimized, we wouldn't be seeing threads like this

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75714&highlight=linda

Edited by Mr Reality

Hmm, my only performance issue is in elecktovodosk and the smaller one south of it. Its not too bad of a hit but it does seem to have some issues. Vegetation never caused a problem for me though. Do you have slow down in the cities also?

Hmm, my only performance issue is in elecktovodosk and the smaller one south of it. Its not too bad of a hit but it does seem to have some issues. Vegetation never caused a problem for me though. Do you have slow down in the cities also?

It's not that the vegetation causes massive slow down, it's because it's ugly to look at when you can see the lod switching and the bushes 'moving' when scanning the horizon. I was just expecting ArmA2 island to be a real step up from armed assault. Maybe my eyes just can't get used to it, as most people don't seem to mind it.

If someone posts something which is clearly insulting to other members and will be dealt with by a moderator, do not quote them and or reply to them thank you, report the post, ignore them, move on, by quoting and replying you're just creating extra work for moderators who are already heavily over worked due to the influx of morons of late.

this is one of the most unprofessionally written titles ive seen in years. The bugs and general brokenness of this game is unforgiveable, and as such this is the last Bohemia Interactive game I will buy. Oh and I really dont care you like me saying it or not

If someone posts something which is clearly insulting to other members and will be dealt with by a moderator, do not quote them and or reply to them thank you, report the post, ignore them, move on, by quoting and replying you're just creating extra work for moderators who are already heavily over worked due to the influx of morons of late.

Calling their own customers morons. How professional.

Perhaps if Bohemia didn't release such a buggy game there wouldn't be so many "morons" posting complaints. You should have added the following bullet points to your list to sell the game.

1. Buggy as hell, like ALL of our previous games
  2. You will have to troubleshoot your issues yourself even if its issues with the game that you cant fix
  3. Moderators will disrespect you
  4. 50% chance to run the game as it should without crashes or performance issues even on high quality computers

Customers have every right to be angry, particularly when a BI representative on their forums are calling their very own customers morons.

Calling their own customers morons. How professional.

Perhaps if Bohemia didn't release such a buggy game there wouldn't be so many "morons" posting complaints. You should have added the following bullet points to your list to sell the game.

Buggy as hell, like ALL of our previous games

You will have to troubleshoot your issues yourself even if its issues with the game that you cant fix

Moderators will disrespect you

50% chance to run the game as it should without crashes or performance issues even on high quality computers

Customers have every right to be angry, particularly when a BI representative on their forums are calling their very own customers morons

^^^^ I must say I agree with him. There are way too many people having issues running the game, people with very good systems and experience. There is a evident issue, and I am sure BIS is steady at work dealing with the bugs of the game. But the attitude of a large portion of this community have put themselves on a pedestal and tend to speak down to the rest of the "Non-Fanboy" or whatever you would like to call it. I don't understand why people are flamed or tagged with the name of forum troll when they post a comment that doesn't applaud the game or conform to the belief that we have to wait for years for it to work correctly. The discussion forum is just that, a place to discuss the game, whether it be good or bad. The ability to take constructive criticism is what makes one better.

I love the game, but it has some severe optimization issues at the moment. There was a comment in this thread that stated we should not expect a bug-free game like Crysis or COD, that is just a ignorant statement. That's exactly what I expect, and its what they should expect from themselves. As a company your reputation is built upon the quality of your product AND the SERVICE you offer. The community and the mods here should take that into consideration when comments are being made. While you are far from the top of the BIS food chain, you are a part of it. A part that can directly affect a newcomers decision to join or stay within this community. As fans of a very small genre, we should ALL take the time to be courteous and helpful to those who have issues, and BIS devs should be hard at work eliminating the issues that were overlooked or passed over upon release.

I am a longtime fan of the original OFP like a lot of the population on these forums. I am well aware that OFP and ARMA was far from perfect when it was released as well. But given those experiences we all should be understanding of what SOME of the people here are going through.

Edited by Tincup

would be very helpful advertisement, don't you think :annoy:

It would only be the truth. If i knew the game would be buggy as hell before i bought it i would have avoided it. But all the advertisement shown was great looking bug free simulation fun.

And i obviously didn't see what i expected. Very disappointing.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

I love the game, but it has some severe optimization issues at the moment. There was a comment in this thread that stated we should not expect a bug-free game like Crysis or COD, that is just a ignorant statement. That's exactly what I expect, and its what they should expect from themselves. As a company your reputation is built upon the quality of your product AND the SERVICE you offer. The community and the mods here should take that into consideration when comments are being made. While you are far from the top of the BIS food chain, you are a part of it. A part that can directly affect a newcomers decision to join or stay within this community. As fans of a very small genre, we should ALL take the time to be courteous and helpful to those who have issues, and BIS devs should be hard at work eliminating the issues that were overlooked to passed over upon release.

I am a longtime fan of the original OFP like a lot of the population on these forums. I am well aware that OFP was far from perfect when it was released as well. But given those experiences we all should be understanding of what SOME of the people here are going through.

This is a post to be admired.

As a new comer myself. I'm pretty shocked how the longer term players look at us. Seeing as this is our first glimpse at the game and genre and they think we should accept the issues that come with it as its a normal BI thing.

Edited by evlbond

Trust me - thats not the only advertisement you are falling for. All you had to do in this case was to wait for the demo and see at least a bit of the game for yourself in the demo before buying it. As I've written before, gather informations around the i-net, magazines, tv, play the demo and if possible try to get a close look at the object of desire for yourself before making any decision. You are living in a modern globalized world with informations over informations, so it could be your fault aswell. Nobody is willing to hear or accept your opinion in this modern society. There's no time and or place for it.

Anyway I see the whole situation like this:

Imagine two classical soapboxes. On the left box you have those people who are angry about the game and the customer's service -who for sure can be angry, but should keep their manners and respects for the working game-producers and those people who enjoy the game. While on the right box you have those people who enjoy the game - but who are not doing themselfs any favour by throwing back the "evil-bone" to the people who are already angry, because by doing so, the whole situation is just heating-up more without any reason or sense.

So why not leaving it as it is? Just respect each ones opinion? Tell your ideas, hope it might be heard, but do not force it. If your idea will not be heard, fine - why not move along, for something else?

^^^^ I must say I agree with him. There are way too many people having issues running the game, people with very good systems and experience. There is a evident issue, and I am sure BIS is steady at work dealing with the bugs of the game. But the attitude of a large portion of this community have put themselves on a pedestal and tend to speak down to the rest of the "Non-Fanboy" or whatever you would like to call it. I don't understand why people are flamed or tagged with the name of forum troll when they post a comment that doesn't applaud the game or conform to the belief that we have to wait for years for it to work correctly. The discussion forum is just that, a place to discuss the game, whether it be good or bad. The ability to take constructive criticism is what makes one better.

I love the game, but it has some severe optimization issues at the moment. There was a comment in this thread that stated we should not expect a bug-free game like Crysis or COD, that is just a ignorant statement. That's exactly what I expect, and its what they should expect from themselves. As a company your reputation is built upon the quality of your product AND the SERVICE you offer. The community and the mods here should take that into consideration when comments are being made. While you are far from the top of the BIS food chain, you are a part of it. A part that can directly affect a newcomers decision to join or stay within this community. As fans of a very small genre, we should ALL take the time to be courteous and helpful to those who have issues, and BIS devs should be hard at work eliminating the issues that were overlooked or passed over upon release.

I am a longtime fan of the original OFP like a lot of the population on these forums. I am well aware that OFP and ARMA was far from perfect when it was released as well. But given those experiences we all should be understanding of what SOME of the people here are going through.

id say i have to agree with this comment, its pretty truthful from what ive seen here in the forums.