Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

You wanted it. You got it. Now quit your whining.

err where?

There is no Official Bug reporting...

Bug trackers, bug reports thread ... ummm "Troubleshooting" section stickies maybe? Most are referred to there to report bugs etc. Do a search mate.

Eh, of course we post our comments about the game on the forums... That's what discussion forums are for. Posting a single negative comment doesn't mean that we hate the game or the developers, we just want to share our experiences and look for possible solutions... If no-one ever mentions any problems, how is the game going to improve?

What the hell do you expect with hundreds of thousands of lines of code and god only knows how many permutations and combinations of hardware and garbage users have running in the background.

A proper betatest at least that would have highlighted lots of the errors that we, the customers, once again have to point out for BIS.

I don't think they do them Balsch.

I think they prefer to spend their money on other areas of the game.

What a stupid and pointless fanboy started thread. Of course people were looking forward to its release, that does not excuse it being released in its current state. Of course people get frustrated and angry when it doesn't run properly (at all in some cases) yet fanboys seem to want to try and wind them up further, well enjoy the empty servers...

well enjoy the empty servers...

Are you talking about those empty servers ?

arma22009-07-1200-31-15-44.jpg

arma22009-07-1200-31-23-30.jpg

arma22009-07-1200-31-32-80.jpg

:yay:

I wont go any further in the discussion, we -fanboys- will not convince you, you -cryboys- will not convince us,

let's see which group BIS will convince ;)

Edited by Macadam Cow
to persuade or to convince ???

Agreed OP.

Take some time and dig into ARMA2. This is not a 15min know it all game.

my opinion is my opinion, if anyone feels the need to call me this stupid word of ''troll'' I will break faces

LOL what will you do? Type them to death?

LOL what will you do? Type them to death?

Don't laugh man, it's called Net-Jitsu, and it's for real!

You can never win.

Complain about complainers, your a complainer.

Complain about complaints, your a "fan boy".

Talk about realism ... you get people picking up small issues to prove its not realism.

Agree with complaints and complaining, your a complainer and a hater and a troll.

There's plenty of middle ground for sure obviously, but I must agree there's allot more "troll" based accusations, arguments etc than ive seen for some time.

Why moderators haven't created a "complaints thread" sticky just so it can be battled out in one place (thus locking new threads) that would be the way.

I do admit that we are now at a point of borderline groundhog day, where searching would answer every complaint you have, and stickies, bug reports and many other threads already have collated enough to show things are either being worked on, not ignored, and are fully known already.

I love it, all fun and games. :)

Well said!

This forum is starting to look like two others I visit, EA and UBI.

The mods should create 2 new threads, one for " whiners " and one for " blind devotion " and leave the troubleshooting for troubleshooting.

But I guess everyone needs to be heard, whiners or devoted fanboys so threads like these are always going to exist. I'm starting to get used to it. And this is sad.

You can never win.

Complain about complainers, your a complainer.

Complain about complaints, your a "fan boy".

Talk about realism ... you get people picking up small issues to prove its not realism.

Agree with complaints and complaining, your a complainer and a hater and a troll.

There's plenty of middle ground for sure obviously, but I must agree there's allot more "troll" based accusations, arguments etc than ive seen for some time.

Why moderators haven't created a "complaints thread" sticky just so it can be battled out in one place (thus locking new threads) that would be the way.

I do admit that we are now at a point of borderline groundhog day, where searching would answer every complaint you have, and stickies, bug reports and many other threads already have collated enough to show things are either being worked on, not ignored, and are fully known already.

I love it, all fun and games. :)

QFT :thumb:

A proper betatest at least that would have highlighted lots of the errors that we, the customers, once again have to point out for BIS.

Damn you Balschoiw. I was chasing that fly you have as a signature. I thought it was real :P Im like wtf!! why wont it die. :D

The game has bugs like most do when they first come out.... yes CTD piss me off... but god damn Arma 2 is a sweet game probably one of the best, and I know in time patches will come out to fix issues. Look at Crysis it ran like shit on top machines but a few patches later it was fine.

Damn you Balschoiw. I was chasing that fly you have as a signature. I thought it was real :P Im like wtf!! why wont it die. :D

Lol i done the same when i saw it.

@op

I'm new to Arma and this is the 1st BI game i have bought and probably the last because of all the hassle. People including myself are rightfully complaining because they have bought a broken/unfinished product. This is the only game I've bought that I've had such game breaking issues with. The graphics are not brilliant, the AI are nothing special so its hard to understand why the performance is so bad. I'm guessing this is why the game isn't that popular as i read the first Arma was exactly the same.

I could easily go on ranting about the issues but whats the point? Its not going to fix anything and the endless whining will continue for and against BI.

(sorry – couldn’t help myself for this….):cool:

I for one am tired of coming to these forums and seeing post after post whining about game performance, “bugsâ€, blaming BIS for releasing a “beta†version , rants about patch delays etc.etc.

Just a few short months ago the forums were packed with “gimme gimme gimme†posts so BIS did.

Sure there are problems. What the hell do you expect with hundreds of thousands of lines of code and god only knows how many permutations and combinations of hardware and garbage users have running in the background. Even MS couldn’t get Vista working properly for ages and they are a hell of a lot bigger than BIS.

Sure there are some problems from ArmA1 carried over but you have to take into consideration ArmA2 was their focal point (if I understand correctly) and ArmA1 was a “teaser†of what was to come.

I have faith that BIS will eventually get around to addressing the majority of legitimate concerns and until they do, I’ll continue enjoying what aspects of the game do work properly, ignore the few that don’t, pop a Prozac once in a while ;) and wait patiently.

There is a proper way to report any bugs you find so I’d suggest using it instead of coming in here and whining and ranting because really, the vast majority of us really don’t care. All the whines and rants are for the most part about the same things that have already been reported over and over again anyway.

Report any bugs properly and they will probably be looked into.

<Removed>-Placebo.0

Edited by Placebo

I dont want to get in the debate I'd just like to add this :

When I bought ArmA1, 2 years ago, I could barely play it, I had 20 FPS max, usually 15...

I was a bit disapointed cause I was running it on a brand new pc (not the best thou).

It took some times but patches were released and now I can play it (on the same pc, 2 years old, both HDD almost full,...) with a mininum of 30 FPS.

I would only trust one company for those kind of problems and fortunatly it's the one who developped this game.

now Im off this neverending debate,

As I said we -fanboys- will not convince you, you -cryboys- will not convince us,

let's see which group BIS will convince

Edited by Macadam Cow

.... thank you for that... disturbing visual...

:D

B

LOL!! I didn't even notice I spelled it wrong haha

I HOPE most people understand what I tried to say lol

Who said anything about cryboy?, I dont hate BIS or bash the game for no reason but the fact is the game was released in a similar shabby state to Arma. I played OFP for several years btw so I'm not just some COD player who walked into the wrong type of game.

I just dont see the point of fanboys making threads purely to bait.

that's funny, you have 7 posts but none ask for help and it's just you bitching...isn't that typical :j:

Typical and completely understandable.

god only knows how many permutations and combinations of hardware and garbage users have running in the background.

Yep, this is one of the reasons why I for the last 7 year have bought standardized(?) computers from big companies like Dell when I have bought a new one and will do so on.

But people rather blame the game for something that is their computers fault.

-The game is crap

-no your computer are

Personally I think the vibe on the forum with the release of ARMAII is so

the opposite then when ARMA1 was released. Remember those days? Omg :)

After reading through the comments and re-reading my original post I guess I was out in left field with it.

Guess it was just some of those "I got robbed..what a pile of crap" type comments that irritated me (and end up bumping useful questions/comments down the page...kinda like I did...:o ).

My apologies.

Yep, this is one of the reasons why I for the last 7 year have bought standardized(?) computers from big companies like Dell when I have bought a new one and will do so on.

But people rather blame the game for something that is their computers fault.

-The game is crap

-no your computer are

Personally I think the vibe on the forum with the release of ARMAII is so

the opposite then when ARMA1 was released. Remember those days? Omg :)

Thats the reason i stopped buying from dell/hp/toshiba/acer etc. They come with far to much bloatware.. I think you will find people that build up their own pc are a bit more knowledgeable than those that go into PCworld and take the one that looks the shiniest.

Sure it would be nice to have a bugfree game. It's just bloody hard to make if you want to put all features in it Arma2 has.

Ofp had it's quirks, but is a great game.

Arma had it's quirks, but is a great game.

Arma2 has it quirks, but is a great game.

Report your issues in a reproducable,tangible way, don't sit on your arse whining, try to make it better, find help within the community.

That's a productive approach versus a negative non-productive approach.

The first has it's use, the second only leads to frustration. If something like a game frustrates you, it may be best to move on. Maybe you're not really into pcgaming, there will allways be driver-issues, bugs, blabla... Get over it or change your platform/scope.

Arma2 is a like a nice woman, you need to treat her with patience or lose her.

Bis will do and does whatever they can to provide us with the best possible game they can make.

I think that most of these people want a perfect game right out of the box like Crysis

REALLY late to reply to this, however - even Crysis wasn't perfect. In fact, there was an almost game-killing bug, even after patches. The "Alien Bug" - sometimes when you killed an alien, it would just float there, at the spot where you killed it, and would not register as dead. There were sections where it was necessary to kill all the aliens before you progress, but the ones that weren't registered as dead never became registered, whatever you did, so you had to load back to a previous save, possibly ages back, to try again. About a dozen times.

*EVERY* game has bugs or exploitations, and one the scope of ArmA II is inevitably going to have more than its fair share. Personally, I have experienced very few real bugs, apart from in the campaign which can be like a butterfly enclosure sometimes.