Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

You wanted it. You got it. Now quit your whining.

(sorry – couldn’t help myself for this….):cool:

I for one am tired of coming to these forums and seeing post after post whining about game performance, “bugsâ€, blaming BIS for releasing a “beta†version , rants about patch delays etc.etc.

Just a few short months ago the forums were packed with “gimme gimme gimme†posts so BIS did.

Sure there are problems. What the hell do you expect with hundreds of thousands of lines of code and god only knows how many permutations and combinations of hardware and garbage users have running in the background. Even MS couldn’t get Vista working properly for ages and they are a hell of a lot bigger than BIS.

Sure there are some problems from ArmA1 carried over but you have to take into consideration ArmA2 was their focal point (if I understand correctly) and ArmA1 was a “teaser†of what was to come.

I have faith that BIS will eventually get around to addressing the majority of legitimate concerns and until they do, I’ll continue enjoying what aspects of the game do work properly, ignore the few that don’t, pop a Prozac once in a while ;) and wait patiently.

There is a proper way to report any bugs you find so I’d suggest using it instead of coming in here and whining and ranting because really, the vast majority of us really don’t care. All the whines and rants are for the most part about the same things that have already been reported over and over again anyway.

Report any bugs properly and they will probably be looked into.

Yea Nicely Put The majority of people Moaning are people that have just bought the game.

and probably Never played OFP or ARMA And expect it to be all singing all dancing. a bit of patience now and again never hurt nobody.

i agree 100%. the game has issues as do all software releases and people will always be complaining about this.

however i think its is best to simply ignore those that shout and rather help those that report issues in a calm manner.

having worked in technical support for years now it is my experience that the loud people never learn and it is best to focus on the helpful reports. this will speed progress and help us all to fix issues :)

Fanboy thread, please all post your praise here.

Nothing is wrong.

it's funny how it seems that anyone who has it working is a fanboy, but if someone can't get it to work it's BIS fault. :j:

I've tried to help a lot in the troubleshooting forums; but 75% of the time the people just say "I've tried everything and it still doesn't work, fuck this game and fuck you bla bla bla"; when I can almost guarantee they probably didn't try everything suggested, or much less read the sticky threads.

I've said it before that I've played with 20+ other people for co-op several times, with systems ranging from lower end to quad cores/i7's; and we all have the game working stable (obviously some tweaking was involved). I think that most of these people want a perfect game right out of the box like Crysis or CoD (which don't even come close to the scale of this series); and have huge companies that have millions of $$$ and near unlimited resources. BIS isn't that company

Anyone who has played OFP or Arma know that it will be fixed, but it also takes time. Smoke a bowel, have fun with what it is, and wait for the next patch

it's funny how it seems that anyone who has it working is a fanboy, but if someone can't get it to work it's BIS fault. :j:

I've tried to help a lot in the troubleshooting forums; but 75% of the time the people just say "I've tried everything and it still doesn't work, fuck this game and fuck you bla bla bla"; when I can almost guarantee they probably didn't try everything suggested, or much less read the sticky threads.

I've said it before that I've played with 20+ other people for co-op several times, with systems ranging from lower end to quad cores/i7's; and we all have the game working stable (obviously some tweaking was involved). I think that most of these people want a perfect game right out of the box like Crysis or CoD (which don't even come close to the scale of this series); and have huge companies that have millions of $$$ and near unlimited resources. BIS isn't that company

Anyone who has played OFP or Arma know that it will be fixed, but it also takes time. Smoke a bowel, have fun with what it is, and wait for the next patch

Never truer words spoken.

Don't forget if you have it working then you must be lying or don't notice that there is something wrong because you suck and are a fanboy and will not ever say anything against BIS, who also suck.

.... thank you for that... disturbing visual...

:D

B

Lol!

No Use For A Name is right. I think the Cryboys feel that people that are enjoying the game whether it plays perfect or not, are harming their chances of getting BI to listen to their complaints. When in fact, many of the so-called Fanboys are the people that are taking real proactive steps by making a case and reporting bugs, performance issues in a manner that actually gets things done.

The game still has very serious performances issues. Thats a fact!

And dont tell me that BIS released the game in a hurry because all the players were asking for it 24/7. THEY ARE GAME INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS!

If they release an un-optmized game, so it's only their fault! We just pay for the finalized product as everything in life.

I for one am tired of coming to these forums and seeing post after post whining about game performance, “bugsâ€, blaming BIS for releasing a “beta†version , rants about patch delays etc.etc.

I'm more tired of seeing mindless rants such as your post. BIS have created a great game again, and they are a great company, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have their game criticised - alot of the reports are useful too and draw attention to what may otherwise be pushed in the corner. Fair enough, there are posts which are far too negative and not in anyway constructive, but no more than your drivel.

You sum up my feelings of your post best I feel with:

coming in here and whining and ranting because really, the vast majority of us really don’t care

Exactly HotShot, this OP/thread is the same rant different foot as such.

Fantastic that folk enjoy the game and have it working just the way they want, I am happy for these people and would really too like to join their ranks of enjoyment but due to issues beyond mine or any other community members ability here I am unable to which is a real pity as this game has huge potential. No amount of dismissing these problems is going to make it run any better or lose the show stopping bugs.

It's the glass half full / half empty argument. Bugs= post em', look for solutions or workarounds, let it be known. But to be a negative smacktard helps noone. And just brings the whole community down, causes bickering, and diverts the whole point: enjoying, or working toward enjoyment of the game.

I've posted a bug on the bug tracker, shown my disappointment of the blur, driving, and the AI not listening, noted the server lag (burden?), and the team killing online. BUT I've also helped out those with issues, found the bright spots and gave praise for those, and tried to moderate or give another, more positive perspective to those with major griefs with the tougher gameplay.. And for all that, I'm labeled a fanboy. Sorry Hotshot for the 'drivel', but I'd rather stay positive and keep the focus toward the solution of the problem (getting to enjoy the game), not the problem itself (blind criticism that does not see the fix coming).

It's the glass half full / half empty argument. Bugs= post em', look for solutions or workarounds, let it be known. But to be a negative smacktard helps noone. And just brings the whole community down, causes bickering, and diverts the whole point: enjoying, or working toward enjoyment of the game.

I've posted a bug on the bug tracker, shown my disappointment of the blur, driving, and the AI not listening, noted the server lag (burden?), and the team killing online. BUT I've also helped out those with issues, found the bright spots and gave praise for those, and tried to moderate or give another, more positive perspective to those with major griefs with the tougher gameplay.. And for all that, I'm labeled a fanboy. Sorry Hotshot for the 'drivel', but I'd rather stay positive and keep the focus toward the solution of the problem (getting to enjoy the game), not the problem itself (blind criticism that does not see the fix coming).

Sorry but you would be labelled under the "You wanted it. You got it. Now quit your whining. " crew. This is what this thread says to me, bascially I shouldn't mention problems or I am whining I should just put up or shut up. Maybe the OP should not have used such an emotive title for the thread and it could have been taken more in a friendly way ?

To be honest I don't think its acceptable in this day and age to release a product that people buy with their hard earned money to have such major issues.

I am no whiny little C**T, I am no stupid minor, but I am a gamer who has expectations that do not exceed that of a normal human being.

The game shouldnt have bugs that make it unplayable, I totally agree with the majority who say that this is the same with other software etc, and yes it is true. But come on, did BIS really sit around the table and go '' yeah this is great guys, we have definitely made a great game''?

my opinion is my opinion, if anyone feels the need to call me this stupid word of ''troll'' I will break faces

Edit: missread your Post Thr0tt, No- I am not, at all, in the group you stated. Please don't do disinformation. Track my posts and check the replies: I'm most heavily in the fanboy bunch.

Yup, the OP did some emotional mirroring, the next step for the opposing crew is the escalation, and then the bickering will get so high that the thread will be closed, miffing those who feel they are not heard to think they are snubbed again because Suma didn't personally email them the fix (<= stereotypical exageration for humor), and open other threads full of venom. Seen this before. Post the bug, ask if anyone got the work around... you know the drill. Unless you have a time machine, here's where we are at. All anyone can do is their best, and work right up to their level of incompetance. BIS gave a game none other has given, they excel at that. They obviously have troubles in other areas that common companies don't have. That is the current situation. Lets move toward the destination.

Edited by Scrub

I grew tired of replying to stupid comments in german game forums and on Amazon and decided to rather attribute my effort to those that deserve it: the real community! If BIS earns enough to stay alive then mission accomplished!

If any of us spend 50 bucks on a game we have the right to complain. Diehard fans are a cool thing but you all have a false view of what the real problem is here. 10 years of development means this engine should be "Optimized" as said in the advertisements. It in fact is far from it.

A game is no justification for new hardware if your hardware meets or exceeds the "recommended" system requirements. Guys are going out and putting 1.5 to 2 large on a machine that only gets 30 FPS and in campaign 15 to 20.

This game was released early so they could make a buck before OPF2 releases. Don’t get me wrong it is not going to be a game in simulation but more of arcade play. The experience will be much better and there pushing their dates back until they get game right. I for one do not cry gimme gimme gimme. I would rather have finished product.

The "whining" is justified regardless if you cried gimme gimme gimme because BIS released it when they should not have. I don’t believe the performance will get much better. Maybe a couple Frames here and there and the campaign is a joke with FPS. The voices/acting was the worse i seen in any game.

I would love to take this game in but the performance is terrible and buying a new machine when I already got ripped off 50 for the game is not going to be an option, especially when my machine EXCEEDS the Recommended requirements.

You can never win.

Complain about complainers, your a complainer.

Complain about complaints, your a "fan boy".

Talk about realism ... you get people picking up small issues to prove its not realism.

Agree with complaints and complaining, your a complainer and a hater and a troll.

There's plenty of middle ground for sure obviously, but I must agree there's allot more "troll" based accusations, arguments etc than ive seen for some time.

Why moderators haven't created a "complaints thread" sticky just so it can be battled out in one place (thus locking new threads) that would be the way.

I do admit that we are now at a point of borderline groundhog day, where searching would answer every complaint you have, and stickies, bug reports and many other threads already have collated enough to show things are either being worked on, not ignored, and are fully known already.

I love it, all fun and games. :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Even with glaring problems in the demo, the only thing I'm mad about is the whacked US release date.

Report any bugs properly and they will probably be looked into.

err where?

There is no Official Bug reporting...