Sign in to follow this  
CSS_Hayzee

Request for future patch

Hello all,  just something a great deal of people who I play CO-OP missions with would like to see in the future.  Is it possible that somehow you could enable players to join a game already in session??? (at host's descretion)   Microsofts Combat flight simulator (1 & 2) has this option if you're familiar with it.  The reason for this is to allow people to join a game without having to return all players to the ready room, thereby eliminating the waiting that goes on for people already in game.  I dont know if this is something that is even possible for BIS to enable in the game... anyone else????   Comments???   Feedback???   Possible????  

~CSS_Hayzee~  ???

This has been debated alot in the past. Join In Progress will never be implemented in OF due to the great amount of work involved to implement it and the fact that this feature isn't THAT necessary. Could only be useful for DM/TDM/CTF missions. It would be useless for coop.

Would be nice with the ability to at least watch the fight instead of watching the waitingroom for 30 mins. But not doable with the present netcode, I know. Problem is that it can be used for cheating so should only be allowed for coop. Yeah, yeah. I'm dreaming....

Besides the fact that it will never happen, i hope it doesn't anyway. The realism and consitency of any mission being played would be effected. You start a 5 player coop, 3 players die, 3 new players join and get to play as the other dead players? what would be the fun in that.. it'd suck.

Take note of the game clock and come back a few minuts before restart, get in some practise on a sp mission or something. Rather than wrecking the entire symetry of the game, not to mention stressing the already stressed netcode.

The only thing that WOULD be good, and still not doable because it effects the netcode in the same way, is like a SoldierCAM sorta thing. Whereas you can join and look through the eyes of a player already playing. This at least would resolve the boredom issue a bit, but would still lag the server for no reason.

Maybe if you could join as a seagull? (Observer mode).

Nah, that would still be too hard with the current netcode.