Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

I've updated our server downloads to the latest beta of http file server so see if that makes any difference. If not try a different browser client.

Jman;1622016']Just testing ;) It's there now.

thx again ;)

Awesome sounds!! I clicked on a .PBO file thinking to edit it that way.What I found was the game started up and it took me to the armory.I ran around checking out various weapons and just felt something was wrong.The weapons didn't feel powerful and I came to realize I am spoiled by HIFI sounds and the game was running stock sounds.Thanks alot for this. :thumb: :thumb:

Ah, I knew it! Congratulations man, you being part of PR just increased my interest in that mod by about 300% - Sounds are such an important aspect of a game, most developers and yes, even mod-makers fail to realise that sometimes.

And I can't wait for an update of the HiFi mod, to this day I still reach climax every time I'm in a firefight :D

PR sounds have been always up the top notch dude. :) (PRfan here haha)

can I put these all into one mod folder, and can I just use this in place of ACE_SM?

Don't know how I missed this first time around. Gonna try it in a bit.

Yes.

Yes.

And after 1.07 A10 GAU8 seems to sound pretty weird. Its like it would be fired 10x the normal speed. Too bad since I primarely use this sound mod for A10 sound.

Is this getting updated for OA?

how does this work with OA ?

is the first post updated with the latest HiFi release? or should I just use the six-updater?

Hi,

Is been awhile hasn't it...

some news,

I have currently stepped down from my position at Project Reality. The reason is a simple one, a question of time to be precise. This is related to my other news...

I'm happy to say that I'm going to be a father again :)

So, I'm going to be taking a back seat on the modding scene for the forseable future.

The same goes for HiFi atm, If I somehow find time and the 2 joh/ns return I would take a swing at it. But my 2 hours a night have become 2 hours a week. This does not allow me to update anything properly, since I lack motivation and just like you guys, require a game once in a while thats how I'll spend my spare time :)

Also, I've been trying to assist some of the newer guys here abit. I will do my best to continue that support for 2 simple reasons.

1. I recall how difficult it was to get going.

2. Good god, this game and OA need new sounds (despite the pro studio..)

So, I guess you can say I'm going on paternity leave, unpaid ofcourse :)

Can other modders sounds be added to HIFi sounds addon? I want OA to be updated with a sound mod but I dont want to stop using HIFX. Most of OA is using the HIFI sounds just the new rockets and missiles are the horrible vanila sounds.

Oh and Concrats Mark and thanks for the addon.

Edited by CG Man

Can other modders sounds be added to HIFi sounds addon? I want OA to be updated with a sound mod but I dont want to stop using HIFX. Most of OA is using the HIFI sounds just the new rockets and missiles are the horrible vanila sounds.

Not sounds, not to release level, If you want to change them for personal usage thats fine, however some edits to the config would replace OA explosions with HiFi. For now, until I get more time I cannot offer support or updates for this particular version of HiFi. It was a messy beta release that should not really have happened, but it did. However.. Andersson might be up for updating the config to support OA, can't promise that, but I just put it in writing so he maywell read it ;)

Ooo, btw with regards to the latest version, I do believe thats available from kelly's heros via yoma sync.

i use a mix of hifi sfx and csm2, csm2 weapons and environment pbos... and hifi for all the vehicles planes tanks etc and their weapons... as well as hifi's AMAZING explosions. oh dat thumping explosion that comes from the ah64's 25mm gun is pure GOLD. :w:

I tell you guys what I told MarkXIII the other day; I'm up for more config work but its down the list right now. I've had a very busy year and RL is general has taken alot of time. It will be so for some time ahead aswell. The few hours I do have available for this game I want to put on actual gameplay. When my life give me more time I know that I'm gonna start making the configs, I cant help it.. The good thing is that I bought a laptop for arma2 so I hope that I can do some work when Im at work ;)

It will happen but dont hold your breath.

Hi,

Hope you all had a lovely christmas !

jasonnoguchi

There is a HiFi_ACE mod, but it has yet to be released ;)

SS9

Again..If you don't like the sounds of a particular weapon module/s, place them in a disabled folder and use another sound addon to replace the sound. I'd don't change things on a whim or on a single request especially when NO reason is given. You really need to learn how to give detailed feedback if you really want something changing. Look at mrcash's posts for reference ;)

And now for something completely different...

UPDATE

A47

AKM

Saiga12k

CZ?? (The Hunting rifle)

The above weapon sound modules have been completed, tested and should be added to the beta weapons for tomorrow. The XM8's are still causing me problems not to mention the m16's. I took onboard what mrcash had said and set about trying to fix it, which I did (without using the DMR too!). However, this breakthough in sound made me want to create slight variations to each m16 class. Just like the HiFi M4's...Soo great, I did the sounds, in the editor they sound great...but do you think I can get the configs to work....lol

Anyways, I'm not asking for help anymore, as much as it is appreciated without 'real hands on' assistance it just gets me more confused. So either I grow a brain or we wait for Andersson to return....

Where is the white wizard when you need him :)

Mark,

Ace slows down my pc and i would like to use HI FI without it , is this possible? I took out the Ace PBO in the HI FI addons folder and the game crashes when loading the main menu. It seems to play fine with Ace but my frames suffer. Awesome sounds btw.

Hi,

For the people that have issues running this build of HiFi or ever wonder if it will be updated heres what I have to say about it...

Even if Andersson finds some time to look at it, I shall not be supporting any version of the current build.

Some of you know that I was able to continue modding thanks to the support of some good friends within this community and I guess my thoughts at the time were to 'make good' on getting HiFi onto the Arma2 platform as quickly as possible. So, I did it, but it was some half finished buggy mess. And thats not really what HiFi is about.

HiFi is built & beta'd in house, then released for the masses. Thats the way it used to be, thats how it should have been...

So, I thank you ALL for your support thoughout this addons lifespan, it was...interesting :) but now I ask the moderators to close this thread since no support will be given here on in.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank all the guys that helped me get back modding again, you know who you are... Also I'd like to thank Kju whom made the modular sound template and has given me hours of his time explaining and helping me understand how BIS games work.

Not forgetting BIS... OA rules :D good job ;)

A real shame mate. Hope you are not leaving the community for good !

Perhaps a new project in the offing ?

Great job on the gau8 Mark...very original...but I was just wondering...if you're still working on the gau8 sound if you would like to work on the close range sound as it should sound like this when the a-10 fires close by (

) or something. The current sounds of the gau8 sounds just like the real one but these sounds seems to be when the plane is further away for example this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eD_Lo61rAw&feature=related ) the gau8 impact starts @ 1:18 and stops @ 1:22 just a moment before the sound follows. So including the time it took for the cannon rounds to reach the ground plus the 4 seconds of impact I'd guess the plane was atleast 1400m away...which in game I have trouble hearing the gau8 at this distance. If I'm just blabbering on too much detail and your done editing this mod its better than any other choice...I was just giving my opinion...cheers

Hey Mark. I was reading some sites on your thread and so on.

I really want to say, how much I have to thank you for offering me your work to work with. I see how much blood, sweat and tears you put in this nice Mod. I used this Mod month of playing some time ago, until I started to work on my own SM.

I just wanted to say that. I cannot say it often enough I guess. And the community should be proud of you as I am to have you here! So, thank you so much, as well I want to thank everyone else here, helping our Mate to keep up the great work on his Mod and be there for us!

Thanks you Mark!

Jarhead

Yes, pretty much. AS I understand Mark just doesn´t have the time to work on mods, but he helps new moders like LJ to get going

welcome back Mark XIII :)