Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

You could take the hanger with you, as added protection

Eheh yeah! It would be called something like "Turtle mode"!

Thanks for watching and thanks for the amazing sounds! We're going to make some more soon, taking the Warthog to the real duty ;)

One of the best soundpacks released to date, I do however have one or two issues;

I was standing near a beach with the wave sounds and all, they were drowning out everything else, gun-shots, explosions, EVERYTHING, despite all of my sliders are set to 40%. So perhaps it's just me or it needs some toning down, the environmental effects.

Secondly, the new jet plane sounds when it's incoming are so good, only problem is when it changes to the "in area" sound, it just dies out. I mean, you have this triumphant build-up of the roaring jet-engine and then when it's above you, it sounds like ... I don't know, a bit of noise from a rusty old car.

Is it possible to have a jet-plane sound that is in-tune with the "approaching" sound?

That's the only issues I could find, besides that, it's perfect!

albertors

Eheh yeah! It would be called something like "Turtle mode"!

Thanks for watching and thanks for the amazing sounds! We're going to make some more soon, taking the Warthog to the real duty

Thats great buddy, glad your enjoying our work :D We look forward to seeing more !

Jimbo05

Secondly, the new jet plane sounds when it's incoming are so good, only problem is when it changes to the "in area" sound, it just dies out. I mean, you have this triumphant build-up of the roaring jet-engine and then when it's above you, it sounds like ... I don't know, a bit of noise from a rusty old car.

Is it possible to have a jet-plane sound that is in-tune with the "approaching" sound?

That's the only issues I could find, besides that, it's perfect!

I'm currently working on the C130J and noticed this myself. So not to worry, I've managed to fix it for the Herc so should be no probs for the others. Its a config volume thing.

There have been afew sound issues found since last week, I'll bel looking into them as I go...Oh and I've not forgot the FFAR's Alex ;)

I'm using my spare time right now to work up the Arty. Andersson supplied me with what can only be said as 'the mother of all configs' ..hehehe, I'll be explaining more about that when I get it up and running ;)

Thats about it for now, I'd like to thank Alex72 for helping me today and SNKMAN for releasing GL4 update !

Keep it up Mark. Making some videos and having fun is nothing compared to what you guys are doing and have done.

I was standing near a beach with the wave sounds and all, they were drowning out everything else, gun-shots, explosions, EVERYTHING, despite all of my sliders are set to 40%. So perhaps it's just me or it needs some toning down, the environmental effects.

I fixed that and uploaded it, but as Im not involved in the distribution I dont know the status but I think its in the latest files. Try to DL the environment again.

Althought I have the beta 3 from the Kelly's Hero's website is that the latest or is there an updated version? If so can I snag a link?

Looking forward to the arty sounds, and a question about the arty sounds, are you doing just the howitzers or the mlrs and mortar too?

Keep up the great work.

Arty = everything arty related. Howitzers, mlrs, grad, mortars, flysounds, incomingsounds, shells, flares, wp, smokes. The shit.

Well the word to use then is Badass, me and a few friends play coop missions and arty is a primary tool we use, and having close arty support without the sounds to go with it just dosen't give the immersion of arty coming in.

It's not only the wave sounds which are behaving strange.

When I'm sitting in the cockpit of an AH64 then the sound insulation seems really good. As long as it affects the rotor sound, so the rotor sounds nicely muted inside. But not the crickets (and the birds and even bees)... :D Or is it a feature to have some crickets INSIDE the cockpit? ;)

More questions:

1. Is it possible to have the sound volume (sound insulation) inside the cockpit change by opening the canopy (like in an AH1)?

2. Wouldn't it be nice to have the engine switch-off sound sample start immediately when I get out of a plane with running engine? It's really weird that being in the cockpit of an A10 with the engine fans running at idle and making quite a big noise then I get out and everything is quiet in half a second...:rolleyes:

3. The A10 again: it's really annoying, when I get in the plane as a pilot and after that I immediately get out of the plane without even starting the engine the game still plays the engine slowdown (extremely short) sound sample. :confused:

the sounds of the environment need to be alot less louder. the birds and the wind are louder than the guns and explosions

When I'm sitting in the cockpit of an AH64 then the sound insulation seems really good. As long as it affects the rotor sound, so the rotor sounds nicely muted inside. But not the crickets (and the birds and even bees)... :D Or is it a feature to have some crickets INSIDE the cockpit? ;)
the sounds of the environment need to be alot less louder. the birds and the wind are louder than the guns and explosions

Agree, especially the owl hooting noise almost blew my earphones out :p

Gun noises rock though

Mentioned to Mark however that it would be nice with more turbine sound (wheeeee and airy engine sound) inside instead of just lower the outside prop sound. This is what Mark does normally (utilize all ARMA2 potential) and we know this release is not fully done yet. So i think we will see tweaks here and there. ;)

The cricket and birds etc outside when your inside a vehicle is an ARMA2 problem. Dont know if anyone can fix that. I leave that to Mark to answer. So far i havent seen any mod doing it.

Agree, especially the owl hooting noise almost blew my earphones out :p

That owl damn near made me sh*t my undies when all alone in the dark in the editor one night. Someday...I'm going to find and eat him! :p

Just installed HiFi recently and I was playing a TVT missions where I was all alone as a sniper looking for an enemy squad. I kept hearing those damn rabbits running around! Scared me shitless. Great work!

Stargun

When I'm sitting in the cockpit of an AH64 then the sound insulation seems really good. As long as it affects the rotor sound, so the rotor sounds nicely muted inside. But not the crickets (and the birds and even bees)... Or is it a feature to have some crickets INSIDE the cockpit?.

Hahaha, this is a bis sound issue at least for the time being, I'll explain..

The HiFi Environment module only 'overwrites' about 50% of the bis sounds. These are split into to catagories. Loops and single shot sounds. I have replaced all of the loops and afew of the weather related single shot sounds (ie thunder). The other single shot sounds (animals/insects) are those you are refering to. My next task regarding HiFi Environment are these sounds.

More questions:

1. Is it possible to have the sound volume (sound insulation) inside the cockpit change by opening the canopy (like in an AH1)?

I'm not sure, its possible I guess, we're gonna need to look at the dampening effect anyways, we may need it to stop the birds and insects invading our cockpits..

2. Wouldn't it be nice to have the engine switch-off sound sample start immediately when I get out of a plane with running engine? It's really weird that being in the cockpit of an A10 with the engine fans running at idle and making quite a big noise then I get out and everything is quiet in half a second...

I can quite happily extend the winddown sound of all the engines. I think they are roughly 10-15 seconds long atm. I can do this with the startups too but it sounds gay when the AI blackhawk takes off while he's still starting up. The AI pilots do not mess about, as soon as lift is achievable they are gone. This is why both the startups and winddowns are fairly short. Too keep the immersion.

But, in the end, if you guys think different, I'll change it

3. The A10 again: it's really annoying, when I get in the plane as a pilot and after that I immediately get out of the plane without even starting the engine the game still plays the engine slowdown (extremely short) sound sample

Hmmmm, thats odd. Well, fair to say thats a coding problem not a sound issue, I'll leave that to andersson to answer. I can however extend the (extremely short) sound sample. So when you do shutdown properly it doesn't sound like a tranformer powering down... :)

Kolt

For longer answer scroll up abit, the short answer. We're on it like a rash ;)

AnimalMother92

Agree, especially the owl hooting noise almost blew my earphones out

That owl damn near made me sh*t my undies when all alone in the dark in the editor one night. Someday...I'm going to find and eat him!

The Owls name is Mr Scrappy. He's a very special owl. for the time being you'll hear him alot. he'll always follow you, yet you will never see him.. He's a ghost owl... So no, you won't be eating him Bet ;)

Mr Scrappy currently resides within the main ambient loop. He will be moving soon to a better home soon... But don't think for one minute he's leaving, the next time you hear him, it will probably scare you more.

I understand that owls are abit cliched. But, I don't really care. Mr Scrappy.. Or scraps as I call him is from a church here in good ole blighty. He suits the vanilla islands perfectly :) . However, I can see me making more than one module to cover the many community based islands as well..

I don't think scraps would last long on the harsh winter/desert style islands ;)

Hi all,

I'm really trying to use the HiFi_A10 v1.3 addon, but am having no luck! I am currently also running:

@JTD (amazing!)

@WarFXParticles (amazing!)

@Xam_environment (amazing!)

so I know how to install and make addons work. BUT, with this one, I've had no luck. I've done exactly what it says on the tin for install, but it doesn't happen for me.

As an experiment, I've also got a shortcut for AMRA2 vanilla, so I tried adding HiFi's (Plus CBA obviously), and it WORKED in that version, but as you can guess there was obviously none of the above three addons, as it's vanilla.

Does anyone know what my remedy might be to get ALL these working together? I've also tried putting the -mod= etc etc before the other ones, but still no joy! Please help, I've seen it work in my vanilla shortcut because the option in the cockpit of the A10 came up with 2sec/15 sec etc, and it sounded great!

Please, any help would be appreciated!

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

hello again!

I also forgot: What's the difference with the HiFi_A10 and the HiFi_SFX..? is it basically the SFX one has loads more different sound like ambient/weapons etc..? Is there any conflict here? Also I noticed that in the standard folder ArmA 2/AddOns there is already an a10.pbo... Is this a problem with trying to use the HiFi_A10 addon..? I'm a tad confused now..!? Please help, I'm new to this game but absolutley love it, the immersion is something else man!!! :yay:

Hi all,

I'm really trying to use the HiFi_A10 v1.3 addon, but am having no luck! I am currently also running:

@JTD (amazing!)

@WarFXParticles (amazing!)

@Xam_environment (amazing!)

so I know how to install and make addons work. BUT, with this one, I've had no luck. I've done exactly what it says on the tin for install, but it doesn't happen for me.

As an experiment, I've also got a shortcut for AMRA2 vanilla, so I tried adding HiFi's (Plus CBA obviously), and it WORKED in that version, but as you can guess there was obviously none of the above three addons, as it's vanilla.

Does anyone know what my remedy might be to get ALL these working together? I've also tried putting the -mod= etc etc before the other ones, but still no joy! Please help, I've seen it work in my vanilla shortcut because the option in the cockpit of the A10 came up with 2sec/15 sec etc, and it sounded great!

Please, any help would be appreciated!

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

hello again!

I also forgot: What's the difference with the HiFi_A10 and the HiFi_SFX..? is it basically the SFX one has loads more different sound like ambient/weapons etc..? Is there any conflict here? Also I noticed that in the standard folder ArmA 2/AddOns there is already an a10.pbo... Is this a problem with trying to use the HiFi_A10 addon..? I'm a tad confused now..!? Please help, I'm new to this game but absolutley love it, the immersion is something else man!!! :yay:

I have a mod folder (@soundmix) for all my sounds... might I suggest you put all the sounds in one folder (@HiFi) for now. I also put my sound folder last in the ordering priority (seems to work better that way).

-mod=@JTD;@WarFXParticles;@Xam_environment;@HiFi

Hope that helps. And as far as mod order priority, or you other question about the A-10s (I only use 1 of them), maybe someone with a little better knowledge than me will give you a better answer.

hi,

thanks anyway, but unfortunately thats messed up my JTD and WarFXParticles now. basically, everytime a missle (Or explosion) now happens with the huge sparkly explosion, the effect AND JTD smoke effect sort of "resets" itself, making all the smoke dissapear all of a sudden and then start over again. this looks really bad and I've tried to delete then reinstall the addons separately, but as soon as I add the WarFX one this now happens.

Does anyone please have ANY help before I just try to do a complete ArmA2 reinstall...

Crap, this was all working fine before, now it's gone messed up and won't go back to how it was...?

HELP..!!!

Ok the smoke vanishing and stuff is an issue with the latest version of WarFX, i've tried the latest version and got the same thing happen. I kept the old version I had, with that version I don't have the smoke vanishing.

As for the difference between HiFi_A10 and the HiFi_SFX, the HiFi_SFX is the latest version of HiFi ya might want to check it out.

HiFi_SFX has an environment module and im unsure if Xam_environment and the HiFi environment will conflict but you can choose which to use.

Dunno if thats any help to ya there meanmachine1.

Another one I have if not already reported. Whenever I save a mission in the editor it automaticly becoms dependent on these two files:

"hifi_smaw",

"hifi_m230"

I dont think this should happen, right?

Sir Mark,

Thanks man for the great mods!

Nothing like taking my ST6 squad up on a forested hill over looking an enemy artillery camp and to hear the echo from our weapons! Awesome dude.

Mark will you make some cool Sounds for the AK´s that have been included in ACE today?

We're gonna replace the ace weapon sounds at some point, but for now I'm focusing on the artilery sounds. When thats done, we'll see what I can do :D

Note about the arty.

I'm struggling to find the time to really lay into it. When you have this many sounds to edit it makes sense to work on them in large groups to maintain consistency, but tbh its slow going. On a positive note, I have sounds done for wp rounds and I'm looking into doing different sounds for the SADARM rounds. Andersson has given me ALL the ammotypes for every arty round in the game so I'm also looking at doing something cool with the flares... But we shall see...

On a sidenote, I kinda like the 'Footmunch Friday' Idea alot and have been loving all the 'Air' releases lately..I must do something like that myself :D

Anyways, peace all.

Regards

Mark (who's eagerly looking forward to the new War FX :) )

Mark (who's eagerly looking forward to the new War FX :) )

Aren't we all? :p

Anyways, good to hear about the arty and ACE wep sounds, looking forward to those. Also, any chance of getting the full @HiFi package bundled up and put on the SIX updater network?

Rgr that, I'll try and grab sickboy's attention on skype sometime soon. Although you know he's a super busy guy so cut him some slack on getting back to me/us :D