Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Anyone else have problems when running vop2.1 as well as this new hifi?

Seems the burst mode and a few impact sounds do not work while "Vops_c_Guns" is in its folder, soon as I remove it the sounds/burst mode work.

Excellent sound mod btw!

Sorry for offtop...

But i very need a good,powerfull "sound" for weapons. Can anyone give an advice what addon i need to download ? (exc. soundforge :) )

I search,but i think not good enough (with my dead internet x-P )

Anyone else have problems when running vop2.1 as well as this new hifi?

Seems the burst mode and a few impact sounds do not work while "Vops_c_Guns" is in its folder, soon as I remove it the sounds/burst mode work.

Excellent sound mod btw!

Here also, no burst soundsmode when Vops_c_Guns.pbo file is loaded in the addon folder!! Please fix that!

! :confused:

Edited by Claymore

Jaguarius:

Yes SoundForge is good to tweak sounds in. Its a professional tool used by television/radio etc.

Alex

*coughs*

HiFi A-10 1.3 (engine sounds)

EDIT:

HiFi A-10 1.3 (weapon & impact sounds)

Uh, does anyone know how to enable the HD player and HQ video with a command added to the URL?

&fmt=18 gives you the HQ vid, but in the small player, clicking the HQ icon enables the HD player and HQ video at the same time..

Edited by Cole

Reminds me a little bit on this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWCPxV12wEc&hl=de&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWCPxV12wEc&hl=de&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:)

Hi Mark XIII,

If use ARMA II Launcher how do I setting your mod? I use Alpinestar's Arma 2 launcher. please help. Thanks!

MonsterXXX

Download this addon and youll find 2 addon folders called: @HiFiWeapons and @HiFiAir. Those 2 are the important ones.

Unpack or move the 2 folders as they are straight into the ARMA2 root directory. So besides the ARMA2.EXE and all the folders you should have @HiFiWeapons and @HiFiAir folders there as well. The launcher auto-detect them and show them to the right with tick boxes. Just tick the 2 boxes to activate both addons.

An alternative: ARMALAUNCH1.2

This one will also auto-detect any modfolders you add to the ARMA2 root directory. Then you can click CREATE NEW FAVOURITE and select the addons you want and save it with a name of your choice. So you can make several different launches with certain addons or with windowed start etc. Its small, fast and handles mod order (wich addon you want to load first, second, third etc - sometimes important). Ofcourse it doesnt handle servers, but its more important with mod order to me personally.

Hope that clears it up. ;)

Alex

This is a really really good sound addon. Makes the game so much more immersive. Thanks Mark! :)

This is not only a sound mod, right ? I would love to have this sounds for A10 but I dont wan't to have burst modes and stuff ^^

You have both solutions available mate, mine & BIS's firemodes all with HiFi sound :)

@Alex, thanks for that mate ;)

hi just loaded up the mod folders with the A10 and sound, in game is there a different A10? i cant find it...and before you say it, yes i know how to set up a mod folder with the addon folder internal...and yes, done the disabled folder thing with one or the other

Im using vop sound mod will this have an impact?

cheers for your help on this, seen the A10 on utube and it looks superb

Its just a sound replacement for the vanilla A10 an its weapons systems :)

Have NO idea if it works with vop :)

You have both solutions available mate

Hm..

I see one version with gau sounds and burst modes and the other also says it has sounds for burst modes but i dont want any burst =P

GAU Burst

Featuring 8 authentic HiFi'd GAU sounds

2 new burst modes replace the new A2 'autofire'

1 second burst = 4 sounds

2 second burst = 4 sounds

and the other

GAU Auto

Featuring 8 authentic HiFi'd GAU sounds which are different from the Burst version.

1 new burst/auto mode replaces the new A2 'autofire' while retaining the 2 second burst feature.

1 second burst / Auto = 4 sounds

Both say that they are replacing standard A2 "autofire". Maybe my english is bad I am confused ^^

And whats the difference between A10 and A10-vop ? Normal version has 3 sounds less ?

Or does they have the same number of sounds but one version uses 3 sounds from Vop ?

Edited by Cionara

Hi Mark found something to fix/improve. ;)

GBU-12 bombs need to be much louder on ground impact! Did some test and even on close explosion (150m-200m) - I wasnt scared like I should.

GAU8A - press the fire button twice, missing sound but ammo counter works.

Would be very good if you can rework the sounds of the GAU-12 (AV8B, F35B) and the M134 (UH-1Y). :headphones2:

@Cionara better try + test it yourself. You know tastes differ.

Both say that they are replacing standard A2 "autofire"

GAU Auto

Featuring 8 authentic HiFi'd GAU sounds which are different from the Burst version.

1 new burst/auto mode replaces the new A2 'autofire' while retaining the 2 second burst feature.

1 second burst / Auto = 4 sounds

THATS THE ONE YOU SHOULD USE ^^^

And whats the difference between A10 and A10-vop ? Normal version has 3 sounds less ?

Or does they have the same number of sounds but one version uses 3 sounds from Vop ?

I made all the sounds for the the HiFi A10 and vo2. of the vopmod wanted me to include his A10 sounds, so I replaced 3 of my sounds with VOP sounds for a different version a la A10VOP...

Look how difficult is it to test this stuff out, instead I'm typing when I could be addon making...

Edited by Mark XIII
beats the f*ck of me....

Hey Mark, Absolutely love your mod, proper sweet. However i'd like to report that in external view, at around maximum speed/throttle, i get extreme sound distortion, where the awesome vibration distortion from the engines turns into white noise. I'm unsure if it's my speakers or what, but i'm throwing it out there.

Secondly, and this is definitely not my speakers, at maximum speed in the cockpit view, my engine roar sound starts to stutter, the faster i get, the faster the frequency of the sound stutter. It sounds like an old propeller plane engine that is on fire. I know this isn't my hardware because i can still hear other in-game sound, and that is fine.

Unfortunately this is quite an annoying sound, and it really puts me on edge when flying, limiting the enjoyment.

Thanks for continuing to distribute mods!

Hey Mark, Absolutely love your mod, proper sweet. However i'd like to report that in external view, at around maximum speed/throttle, i get extreme sound distortion, where the awesome vibration distortion from the engines turns into white noise. I'm unsure if it's my speakers or what, but i'm throwing it out there.

Secondly, and this is definitely not my speakers, at maximum speed in the cockpit view, my engine roar sound starts to stutter, the faster i get, the faster the frequency of the sound stutter. It sounds like an old propeller plane engine that is on fire. I know this isn't my hardware because i can still hear other in-game sound, and that is fine.

Unfortunately this is quite an annoying sound, and it really puts me on edge when flying, limiting the enjoyment.

Thanks for continuing to distribute mods!

Running patch 1.03, right? Set ingame volume to default or lower, that should reduce the sound disortion. It's a problem that's in ArmA2 since the beginning, but with 1.03 it got so much worse..