Sign in to follow this  
Mark XIII (DayZ)

HiFi - Single Sound Modules (Weapons BETA released!!)

Hey, thanks for the sound but I notice in multiplayer evolution mods (many variations of the mod) when you jump in the A-10 all the sounds function properly but the weapons behave oddly.

A fresh spawned A-10 is missing most of its missile armament and instead of while it sits on the ground automatically refreshing its weapons, you now have to hit the reload button (even get a menu option to rearm it), while this is fine, I can just toggle through and hit reload on all the weapons, the Hydras always stay at 0. I can never get them to rearm.

Any idea what this is about or why it doesn't just function like the old A-10, allowing expended ammunition to automatically rearm while sitting idle on a base?

WTF!! I want a video! Why even make a sound mod. ;)

Nah seriously now, I'm loving the new GAU sound. Wicked s&!t Mark. Thanks for these they were sorely missing before.

First off thanks a lot for this. It's much better than vanilla. A couple of problems though. As far as the gua goes, if you fire two 1 second bursts close together, the sound is delayed on the second burst. Is this fixable? My noob brain thinks it's to let the sample play out before the next one starts to avoid any sound clashes, but i don't know shit:) Also, i'm getting an almost warbly type of noise when the A-10 flies over. I don't know if it was intended but having listened to the vanilla A-10 and loved the sound of the engine whine when it passes, i'm struggling to prefer the new version.

Overall though i'm mighty impressed, i already had a sticky ground battle set up in the editor involving A-10 support and when i fired up the mission with the new sounds it was awesome. It really adds to the immersion. Thumbs up:)

Hi Alex,

we are talking about "HiFi A-10 & GAU 8 Avenger v1.1"

Ah rgr that. Didnt see 1.1 was out when i commented. :o My bad.

Alex

Good job Mark! This sounds alot more like the real thing. :cool:

Any chance the remaining fixed wing AC get a similar treatment?

Yes I'll be doing more mate, but I'm waiting on a reply from BIS at the moment before I release anything else publicly.

but I'm waiting on a reply from BIS at the moment before I release anything else publicly.

:thumb:

Edit: i ask again:

is it possible to make a video so we can ear the A-10 sounds from the ground?

All of the previous bullsh*t from my post deleted, just tested it again in several ways:

HiFi A-10 indeed doesn't work with VopSound 2.1 :butbut:

Edited by Cole

@Cole

Can you get intouch with Alex72...He needs a pilot for a video that keeps getting requested...:)

P.s...He's on msn ;)

Edited by Mark XIII

is it possible to make a video so we can ear the A-10 sounds from the ground?

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmatoX0RI5M&hl=cs&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmatoX0RI5M&hl=cs&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

(little noisy - due of my 5.1 settings)

Thanks RH, appreciate the video, nice demo flight too, wish I could Fly/Taxi like that...

I think the next game we play co-op you're the pilot :)

Thanks RH, appreciate the video, nice demo flight too, wish I could Fly/Taxi like that...

I think the next game we play co-op you're the pilot :)

Heh , no problemo :p

Had a video ready for you guys - from the ground with Cole as super pilot - but we came across some weird glitch. We dont know if its the sound engine or a config miss, but everytime a burst was fired it was heared 2 times from the ground. Weird stuff.

MSN when you get back Mark. ;)

Alex

Could someone please post a config that fixes the compability with this soundmod and the VOP one.

is there any problems with the sound add-on or others inter-fearing with multiplayer servers and not matching files, thinking were cheating or have a pirate version?

Could someone please post a config that fixes the compability with this soundmod and the VOP one.

I did, in page 3, too bad Mark used the older one instead of that one :)

Ok some news..

I've been working to try and make a fullauto versions of the A10...whilst doing this Alex72 & Cole have found another bug with 1.1...One hell of a strange one too.

Whilst making a vid they discover the gau sounds repeating, so when the a10 fired 1 burst to the person on the ground it sounds like 2 bursts. Cole was flying A10 Alex was filming they both confirm this bug. So I went and used Robalo AS's config (his new one:) ) and created a quick version for the guys to try....still the same problem.

Please guys any idea's..

Did they have Vopsound loaded ? Because the impact sounds from Vop sound just like the GAU8.

am I the only one having the weapon loadout problems online?

@Magic1

Probably not mate, I cannot test online atm myself, so we need people like yourself to shout up if they are having issues. I'm out all day today but as soon as I have chance I'll ask someone to confirm your problem mate.

Anyways must dash lovely day here :

Did they have Vopsound loaded ?
We did not have VOP enabled. We test this with close communication between us so everyone screaming at eachother to turn all addons off. ;)

Mark will get it sorted im sure.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Hey guys.

I've been updating the whole A10 build today. The next release will see afew differences, I'll try to remember everything..

A10 sounds and GAU8 sounds are now seperate addons. Robalo has come to the rescue again splitting the config and hopefully getting rid of this double sound playback problem with the GAU8 during MP.

The GAU8 addon has been further split into 2 versions, hopefully pleasing ALL :)

Burst version

Basically the same as v1.1 with sound continous OFF maybe and volume increase to the all 4 of the 2 second bursts (thanks Alex for the feedback)

Auto / Burst version

Ok, what I've done is gone back to my good ole NA GAU8 sounds, reworked them alittle and managed to get a lovely looping sound. The thing is, Its still set to 1 & 2 second bursts however the config is set to Autofire. So, you can still operate 1 second bursts by just touching the trigger, when you hold down the trigger, the burst keeps repeating and the loop keeps playing :) the 2nd burst operates the same way, however will not loop round due to its lengh and so should be treated with caution when holding the trigger now....else kiss goodbye to 900rnds :(

more info....I'm going to do my best to get our A10 working with Vopmod, as well as possibly release a further version with vo.2's sounds. I'm not known for using other people's stuff but my time here may be coming to an end soon so why not :)

Hey guys.

I've been updating the whole A10 build today. The next release will see afew differences, I'll try to remember everything..

A10 sounds and GAU8 sounds are now seperate addons. Robalo has come to the rescue again splitting the config and hopefully getting rid of this double sound playback problem with the GAU8 during MP.

The GAU8 addon has been further split into 2 versions, hopefully pleasing ALL :)

Burst version

Basically the same as v1.1 with sound continous OFF maybe and volume increase to the all 4 of the 2 second bursts (thanks Alex for the feedback)

Auto / Burst version

Ok, what I've done is gone back to my good ole NA GAU8 sounds, reworked them alittle and managed to get a lovely looping sound. The thing is, Its still set to 1 & 2 second bursts however the config is set to Autofire. So, you can still operate 1 second bursts by just touching the trigger, when you hold down the trigger, the burst keeps repeating and the loop keeps playing :) the 2nd burst operates the same way, however will not loop round due to its lengh and so should be treated with caution when holding the trigger now....else kiss goodbye to 900rnds :(

more info....I'm going to do my best to get our A10 working with Vopmod, as well as possibly release a further version with vo.2's sounds. I'm not known for using other people's stuff but my time here may be coming to an end soon so why not :)

Good work as usual Mark, accommodating everyone in your addons. Some more feedback: The GAU-8 sounds are very, very awesome. Last night during the long Co-Op session I was in, there were several night-time A-10 strafing runs on nearby enemy positions. It was quite possibly one of the best ArmA 2 experiences yet in my book. One small thing though, the sound of the rounds impacting on the ground, are you planning to enhance those too? I'd love to see that. Keep up the good work. :D

Damn that sounds good Mark! Now we just need other sounds of such quality.