Sign in to follow this  
furia

Annimation actors for ARMA2... now we know...

Now we know where BIS got the actors to make the soldiers annimations.

-jBKKV2V8eU

:D:D:D

I think the animations look fine, except the ones where people run with a pistol or unarmed. Looks like they're trying to run the 100 meter dash.

I think the animations look fine, except the ones where people run with a pistol or unarmed. Looks like they're trying to run the 100 meter dash.

Agreed, although the unarmed walk animation seems fine.

I played ArmA1 for the first time in a while, and the old run/sprint animations made me ill. But at least even those were a step up from OFP (like the S shaped standing pose among other things).

Joining in with a dozen or so people pushing through forests and cities in ArmA2, the new animations really seem to flow well.

It looks to me like the anims in Arma 2 are mocapped, just not blended well. E.g. the engine does not combine animations simultaneously well - it does them more linearly. A bit of a problem, if you ask me, but not a deal breaker. And yes, I used to be a mocap animator, used what was then Motion Builder (before Alias bought it).

ArmAII animations are indeed mocapped. BIS has their own mocap studio and do client work aswell in that studio. OFP animations where allready mocap IIRC.