Sign in to follow this  
SG_Smokintodd

Isolated Fog - How To?

Is there a way to produce isolated fog and define its area of effect? I'd like it to be persistent.

Thanks for any help offered.

Like the ones from Domination and Evo? Or an actual area of visible fog, say in the bottom of a valley, that you can see from the hills?

Two and a half ways of doing such a thing.:

1. like in evo: define an area in which there is fog... if the player enters it, fog is enabled.

2. use an particle effect for a certain area, can be tricky to make it look good.

2,5 use an particle effect to make the fog visible from outside and utilize the regular fog-effect as in 1. when someone enters the fogged area. (the particles should be faded away when you enter the fog in this case)

I appreciate the response but I'm unsure about how any of your suggestions can be done. Can you point me in the right direction?

For the trigger method just place a repeatable trigger with ANYBODY PRESENT with the following:

On Act:

5 setFog 1;

On Dea:

5 setFog 0;

Where 5 is how many seconds it takes for the fog to roll in and 1 or 0 is a scale from 0 to 1 which is how much fog there will be.

The downside of arma fog is that it can't be seen from outside, hence the need for particles as a bodge

The downside of arma fog is that it can't be seen from outside, hence the need for particles as a bodge

Ya, that's what I need. Fog seen from the outside and in.

Particle Effects are bit of a pain to set up, here's one example for particles that I used in a particle rain-script:

_rain setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Watereffects\WaterEffects.p3d", 1, 0, 1], "", "Billboard", 1, 2.5/rain, [0, 0, 23], [(_windx *3) * rain,(_windy *3) * rain,(-30 - 5*rain) * rain], 0, 0.5, 0.3, 0.0, [40, 100+ 50 / rain], [[1,1,1,rain],[1,1,1,0.0]], [0, 1], 1, 0, "", "", ""];

I'll have a look at the fog-thing maybe I can put something together, it sounds like a function many missionmakers could have use for.

Particle Effects are bit of a pain to set up, here's one example for particles that I used in a particle rain-script:

_rain setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Watereffects\WaterEffects.p3d", 1, 0, 1], "", "Billboard", 1, 2.5/rain, [0, 0, 23], [(_windx *3) * rain,(_windy *3) * rain,(-30 - 5*rain) * rain], 0, 0.5, 0.3, 0.0, [40, 100+ 50 / rain], [[1,1,1,rain],[1,1,1,0.0]], [0, 1], 1, 0, "", "", ""];

I'll have a look at the fog-thing maybe I can put something together, it sounds like a function many missionmakers could have use for.

is there any upto date info on the particle Effects ???

Looking forward to it. Thanks.

Sorry, but how do I use that?