Sign in to follow this  
frattonstation

Placement & Completion Radius

Placement radius: WP is positioned randomly within circle of this raduis.

Completion radius: How close unit has to get for WP to be completed (meaning the next waypoint becomes active).

Is there any command that actually sets the waypoint's completion radius dynamically? I couldn't find any on the wiki :(

Hi all,

Found this thread in search but I am myself a little confused here. Here's an experiment I just tried out:

1. Place a flag on the map, and a soldier 200m away

2. Place waypoint #1 by the flag, move full speed, placement=0, completion=100

3. Place waypoint #2 by the flag, move limited speed, placement=0, completion=0

From the description what I would EXPECT to see is the soldier run to 100m from the flag at full speed and then walk the rest of the way at limited speed. What I ACTUALLY see is the soldier run at full speed all the way to the flag.

It would be useful if this worked the way I expected: You could use it to command a group to attack a town, running at full speed to the edge of town at AWARE, then slowing down to limited and COMBAT to work their way to the center. It wouldn't matter where on the map they started from, they'd switch behavior at the radius.

However it doesn't work that way.

So is it my understanding that is broken?

Both waypoints are by the flag, completion radius just gives the unit some leeway with how close they MUST get to complete the waypoint. So you told the guy, run full speed to the flag, or up to 100m away if you need, then walk to the flag. Since he was already there, no need to walk.

If you were to put the Full speed waypoint 100m away from the flag, as you intended it to work, then it would work just that way. First 100m at a sprint, then 100m limited.

So how do I get the other tanks in my group to stop bottlenecking at the waypoint? I set the completion radius to 100, hoping that they wouldn't all try to go to the exact point at the same time ( It's usually a game of bumper tanks at most waypoints, unless we're in column formation) Do I need to set the placement radius to something greater than zero? It's really frustrating when my tank platoon starts ramming each other and driving in circles in tight, wooded areas. Usually one tank gets stuck in the woods and at that point, the group leader drives like an old lady waiting for him to catch up