Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

Make AI aim while moving?

How do i do this, iv done it before but i have completely forgot!

I need the unit to walk slowly with his weapon RAISED, simple but i cant remeber how! Someone please relieve me !

Iv tried the unit behavior, speed settings etc, but none seemed to do what i wanted.

GAHHHHHHHH! I must be geting old! :(

Edited by Mitch

I have tried this but he doesnt aim simply has his gun lowered and walks slowly.

I need the soldier to have his gun at shoulder height or looking down the sights, while moving.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Is this even possible in Arma II ? Iv been trying for some time, with no success.

Ok, set speedMode to LIMITED, behaviour to COMBAT, and unitPos to UP.

this setSpeedMode "LIMITED"; this setBehaviour "COMBAT"; this setUnitPos "UP"

Ahh there we go, thats great, thanks mate.:yay:

When I try it the unit keeps stopping and then sprinting (rather than a "smooth" walk with weapon raised)

cheers

Sorry to bump up such an old thread.

I figured out a work-around for this, and thought someone else would be trying to achieve this same thing as well.

Place some generic objects to the path of the group (like wrecks, tents, preferably anything big). Then for example activate a Trigger where you want the "aiming walking" to start, and write on the OnAct line:

[unit1, unit2, unit3, unit4, unit5] doTarget object1

Now the unit1, unit2, ... are of course the units in the group (behaviour 'Aware' and speed 'Limited') and object1 is the cinematic object you have placed on their way. If the route is very long, place several objects and change the object of 'doTarget' everytime they go past one. Make sure the object is big enough (like any wreck, tent, ...) and close enough (I tested 200 metres and less), so that the group notice the object.

When you want them to stop aiming and behave normally (for example just before a battle), make another trigger and write on its OnAct:

[unit1, unit2, unit3, unit4, unit5] doWatch objNull

Now they won't be aiming at anything particular anymore and will behave normally.

I tested it quickly just now, and it should work.