Sign in to follow this  
mc sonar

shocking news

ok, a friend of a friend from my uncle in canada is playin arma2 since it is released- he was trying so hard to get this game to run as it has to run but he always got the same errors over and over again...

he decided to download a non legal copy of arma2.

the bad thing: he can not enter multiplayer games

the good thing: he is playing without receiving bug, crash to desktop and framerate is 10-15 frames better then in his legal copy.....

is after all the copy protection the matter of problems people have with arma2

Discussion of pirated material is not allowed here, if you have trouble with copy-protection i suggest you contact the publisher (who is responsible for it).

I think this post is like a bag of chum to the moderators. if i am not mistaken your trying to advertise getting illegal copy's of the game. Which is possibly the most stupendous Idea you may have had. seeing as this is in fact the forum of the company that created said game.

it is like robbing your next door neighbor and then Walking Past there living room window with what you have just stolen. If you want my advice Get rid of the post Mate i don't think Bis or the community look to well to Copy right Infringement. Even if the person who basically Stole Bi Property is a 3 Party.

this is absolutely not my intention to advertise non legal stuff!!!

i payed 50€ for my legal copy and so does the friend of a friend of my uncle....damn

my question is:

is it a copyprotection problem that arma runs not as good as it could run???

hellooooo- i´am not responsible for things other people are doing.

I think what he is saying is his friend HAS a legal copy and was having all kinds of problems, tried a pirate copy and bar the multiplayer aspect the game runs fine.

I dont think its advertising piracy at all, it's a constructive post if you ask me. Obviosly there is something that needs adressing with the retail copy

Nevertheless, discussion of pirated material is against the rules, regardless of your intentions.

I think what he is saying is his friend HAS a legal copy and was having all kinds of problems, tried a pirate copy and bar the multiplayer aspect the game runs fine.

I dont think its advertising piracy at all, it's a constructive post if you ask me. Obviosly there is something that needs adressing with the retail copy

I concur and it raises a very valid concern regarding the copy protection possibly causing issues

dear forum police,

i can edit my first post and delete all the bad illegal things that my uncles friend friend did.....

it´s my point of view

example: i bought a mercedes last month and yesterday the engine doesn't had full power. i brought it to the garage and they told me:

we know the problem but we can not do anything for you because the ignition plugs are not from mercedes, sorry.

so, BIS can not tell me that they don´t have to clear copyprotection thing´s for one of there customers- they have to!

arma2 is a wonderful game but unplayable for many of us and i don´t want spent to much time with clueless thing´s like turning prerender limits to 8 or 2 or 3 or 1 or what ever...

i would love to pay BIS 200€ for a legal copy with out copyprotection if that is the bad ignition plug

i think BIS has to clear this with the publisher and NOT the community

Edited by mc sonar

it is something that is of our interest (people who bought and own the game) and the post should stay imo. Deleting it would be brushing issues under the carpet

is after all the copy protection the matter of problems people have with arma2

No it is not, but your an idiot however. That is very clear.

:confused:

This "answer" based on what?

Yes ok - he is right.

Cracked version must be much better.

Happy?

:j:

Yeah, please don't advertise that people who who don't even work for BIS can pirate the game and make it run smoother, without the copy-protection software that has been looked at by many professionals and told it doesn't prevent theft or lower sales.

If someone wants the game that bad they will pay and support the company. People don't pirate the game because they want it more then anything, they pirate because they would never go spend the money in the first place!

If this holds true with what was said in the original post by all means BIS should be looking into this. Copy right protection software has shown to be nothing but a problem for both sides and if it's also tapping into FPS it should really be looked at (not saying to throw it out the window). We all paid for a Beta so honestly how I feel at this point (ripped off) I could care less if other get the pirated version, not like there getting a complete game, no one is.

It doesn't matter, rules are rules. We can't go breaking them just because it's convenient. :j:

dear forum police,

i can edit my first post and delete all the bad illegal things that my uncles friend friend did.....

it´s my point of view

example: i bought a mercedes last month and yesterday the engine doesn't had full power. i brought it to the garage and they told me:

we know the problem but we can not do anything for you because the ignition plugs are not from mercedes, sorry.

so, BIS can not tell me that they don´t have to clear copyprotection thing´s for one of there customers- they have to!

arma2 is a wonderful game but unplayable for many of us and i don´t want spent to much time with clueless thing´s like turning prerender limits to 8 or 2 or 3 or 1 or what ever...

i would love to pay BIS 200€ for a legal copy with out copyprotection if that is the bad ignition plug

i think BIS has to clear this with the publisher and NOT the community

I have experience of this particular issue...

I have a legit copy (German edition bought in week 1) and I have a variety of the issues reported, from wrongly detected Vid memory, thru slow and popping textures, abysmal framerates, random crashes - the usual stuff...

Currently I'm mostly using my legit copy with a decompressed.exe file (therefore no Secur-rom) - this has been sadly forced on me in order to use my Freetrack Headtracking, as opposed to spending god knows what on a TrackIR.. As noted before - this means No Multiplayer - Boo Hoo - the price you pay to headtrack with your existing equipment I guess...

However, thats a different and very sad story that I can't mention further or the thread will be locked - see my sig for further details...

Anyway - the point being that I haven't really noticed an enormous improvement in performance while using the "pirate" exe file with the security removed.

OK - I'm personally using the security removed so I can run head tracking software in the background, thus potentially slowing things down again - but not by much I would guess...

So - crap though it may be - I really don't think the security is a major issue performance-wise

B

Edited by Bushlurker

if you could read between the line´s?

THE """TYPE""" OF COPY PROTECTION could be a problem

i don´t know you ALEX72 but u better think about words that are leaving your brain- please

Ofcourse its not impacting on performance. Just another attempt to start a "oh no why did a developer chose a certain protection we for some reason dont like".

I need to think before i speak? Let me laugh. I wasnt the moron who went against the forum rules. Same rules all official forums have.

EDIT: I know what you meant - hence why i wrote what i wrote.

Edited by Alex72

alex72, why are you so sure that securerom is not impacting performance of the game?

again, i´m against illegal copy´s of any type of software!!!

I think its a valid post and something that BIS could look at.

If a few users get the same results with their LEGIT copies but using a cracked exe which removes the background protection... then it could be a problem?

I had to finish HL2 back in 2004 with a cracked exe because the normal version would crash, not even boot! After days and even 2 or 3 weeks with Steam support I decided to try it and it worked 100%. Ofcourse I had already purchased the game so I dont think there is anything wrong with that.

Yapa

:yay: Another thread for the mods to close... at least they have stuff to do (I'm so bored).

another post for your highscore?

Ofcourse its not impacting on performance. Just another attempt to start a "oh no why did a developer chose a certain protection we for some reason dont like".

The fact is that driver-level copy protection has been shown repeatedly to have bizarre and unpredictable side effects. Personally, I'm not OK with being treated like a criminal: this is probably news to you, but pirates aren't even slowed down by things like SecuRom. The only people inconvenienced by it are legitimate customers.

Many peoples' systems do not like SecuRom AT ALL, to such an extent where many games won't even run. There has to be some kind of happy medium somewhere.

Personally, I bought the game on Steam. If I had to deal with a SecuRom-protected DVD, they would have lost a sale.

guys u do know that a copy protection does not interfer whit the game it self it only check once on startup

and i never heard that a copysec give badperformace and sure not Securerom

before a smart ass trying to correct me im not english