Sign in to follow this  
Stauff

How to enable Hardware Acceleration (Soundcard)

Hi,

Ive been browsing through the forums without success i see people change it in theire configs. Its just that i do NOT have that in my config. I have the steam version btw.

Help would be appreciated.

Edited by Stauff

Hi,

Ive been browsing through the forums without success i see people change it in theire configs. Its just that i do NOT have that in my config. I have the steam version btw.

It's useless as the sound engine of this game use xAudio2 API, which as far as I know is a 100% software system.

Edited by Choum

It's useless as the sound engine of this game use xAudio2 API, which as far as I know is a 100% software system.

QFT

Eth

Hi,

Check out the Arma2 Other Profiles directory and change it in your username.cfg file i.e.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\<Gaming Name>

GamingName.ArmA2Profile

And find:

soundEnableEAX=0;

soundEnableHW=0;

...and change 0 - 1 if you like.

Why is it not at ingame settings.... :confused:

It does absolutely nothing as the sound engine does not make use of hardware sound. You can change it if it makes you feel better but it will do nothing as far as your sound goes.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb669181(VS.85).aspx

...and somewhere in German here they mention that it uses this sound engine http://hx3.de/technische-fragen-probleme-162/hardware-sound-dolby-digital-16467/#post238628

I get 5.1 sound and it works well (one thing that does).

Changing that setting from 0 to 1 does nothing.

Eth

Changing that setting from 0 to 1 does nothing.

Eth

Yes, but if it makes you feel better then do it. I hear changing it to 3 gives you a perceived performance boost and the game 'feels' better, admitadly it does absolutely sqaut but on the other hand if it doesn't harm your system it may be the cure for cancer surely ?

Tnx found it under other profiles at the very bottom of the cfg file.