Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

ArmA/ArmA 2 Joint Terrain Project/Co-Operation - Baucau, East Timor

jtpc.jpg

=======================================================

Joint Terrain Project/Co-Operation for ArmA and ArmA2 working on Baucau, East Timor

INFORMATION

===========

Hello Folks, Recently I have been inspired by various videos, screenshots other material to act on a passion that I have for Mapping a Tropical Location. Now some of you may think, 'Why not Map Carribean or Africa etc', and you are right, but, mapping a large area of East Timor covers, desert, grass, woodland, mountains, 1 airstrip, 2 towns. So I though, GREAT. I set out trying to aquire data for East Timor some months ago, but to no avail as Google Earth's Sat Image is shite. Also finding elevation Data for anywhere other than the US in decent quality is extremely hard to find unless you want to spend ALOT of money.

So about 3 Days ago after much waying the pro's and con's I decided to purchase:

Standard: QuickBird Imagery of Baucau, East Timor

Resolution: 0.6m (2' Foot) Pan-Sharpened Color

Distance Covered: 25km2

And after using various techniques for creating a DEM of the area, I have a pretty decent/accurate heightmap of the area, which leads me to my next point.

I am looking for a team of:

Terrain Developers x2 (Excluding Myself)

Moddelers and Textures x3

So that together we can recreate this amazing area to a standard of pure perfection (Sahrani/Chernarus) or better. My aim of this whole project was to give the community of ArmA/ArmA2 the chance to play a map that is also used by the Australia Defence Force in VBS2, see these pictures:

East Timor 1

East Timor 2

East Timor 3

The reason I have not undertaken a project like this on my own is because to put it simply, I am not good enought to complete this to any sort of acceptable detail. Which is why I am asking the help of the Communitys most skilled Terrain Artists and Moddelers to help me prepare and complete ArmA's next big thing.

DATA SHARING

============

For the final people involved they will each be given an FTP account linked to my 250GB Secure Server where at the end of each session models and pew files can be uploaded and shared.

I hope that this project can come to life and put itself in the Bohemia Interactive History Books as a truely amazing piece of art.

Looking Forward to heering from you all.

OChristie

Edited by OChristie

3DE most proberly will be used in a later stage of development