Sign in to follow this  
7SD-Toker

bad graphics performance - BiS confirm?

Customers, companys, yes that's the normal view on this matter but I personaly think that especialy in the gamimg industries this isnt aprovable to every situation. Games wich are editable and are higly modificable are to someone something like a secong life, something other then just paying customer products. So this definition cant be I think aplied in the game industries very well.

The hardware thing. Yes, you can study hardware, but with many hardware newly developed and no money resource to aprove the objects for the study you cant then make the study.:)

Sorry for bad english.

So if it fixed sooner or later that make ok for the people who feel rip-off with a 50 $ beta ????? seem like there a lot saying to be patient , how long did it take to fix arma 1 seriously ???? If 18 months ??? is true they should of had a open beta if they didn't have 1 before release.

All these bad post + a friend really pissed about buying the game , who told me not to buy it . Lucky for me i tried the demo first and agree with him .

I could be wrong but it doesn't look like the devs give any straight answer or feed back on what there fixing / date . Like a lot of you say the game look to have great potential but so for now i think i'll just wait for Operation Flashpoint.

Curious to see how many would like a refund or got 1 , poll maybe ?????

So if it fixed sooner or later that make ok for the people who feel rip-off with a 50 $ beta ????? seem like there a lot saying to be patient , how long did it take to fix arma 1 seriously ???? If 18 months ??? is true they should of had a open beta if they didn't have 1 before release.

All these bad post + a friend really pissed about buying the game , who told me not to buy it . Lucky for me i tried the demo first and agree with him .

I could be wrong but it doesn't look like the devs give any straight answer or feed back on what there fixing / date . Like a lot of you say the game look to have great potential but so for now i think i'll just wait for Operation Flashpoint.

Curious to see how many would like a refund or got 1 , poll maybe ?????

yeah it would be nice to have a poll but I am sure will be closed.

What you are saying, I know myself and the 2 other guys that bought this Beta of a game are saying. I have posted a few times simply asking for a response to what they may be addressing in the patch (to acknowledge they actually are hearing us) and as to when a possible patch or solution will be available. Closed Posts are what I get with questions like that.

I really still have high hopes for this game and have a bit of faith that it may be fixed enough to get my money's worth someday, but the lack of (IMO) acknowledgment to this game having bugs beyond belief makes me feel like they are just treating us as stupid idiots they just got away with ripping us off, just bad business if you ask me.

I have also seen the defenders of this game give advice to just go map edit for awhile, well I wouldn't have bought this game if all I could do was make maps and never play them with friends. I just wish that those people would let BIS defend themselves. There are problems with the game and to me it is only fair to let us know what is up, if I hadn't paid for this beta I would not need to hear, because it is a beta, but that is the difference with having paid for this and not.

Hello All,

I have this...

[My PC]

MB: Asus - Rampage Extreme

OS: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 / 1792MB DDR3 / DirectX 10 installed

[Game ARMA2]

Patch: ARMA2Patch_102_58134

RESULT

I cannot play it :o( because game is not playable!!!

Members of my team have white dummy heads without textures. Buildings and terrain have poor quality. Game is so slow and unplayable.

Hi!

My configuration:

C2D E8400@3,2GHz

ASUS MAXIMUS RPG

ATI 3870X2 Cat 9.6

4GB RAM 1066MHz

HD RAID 0 Raptor 150GBx2

Win XP 32 SP3

22" 1680x1050, minimun details, no AA, minimun all...

CCC activated, desactivated... the same

My crossfire is working

Lastest drivers of everything

And de game is Unplayable for me too. Continius CTD, low FPS, recibing display..., textures corruption...

so, i think is not a only one case...

i have buy the game 3 weeks ago, and everydays check the oficial web looking for the Mr Path... but think now is really a bad date... the summer and the holidays are too close :D

i can understand in game bugs, and other minor issues that ve to be fixed... but i cant understand an unplayable game for a great comunity.. :(

BIS have acknowledged several times that they are working on the issues, if you want to find those acknowledgement posts they're somewhere deep in the see of posts. (can't remember the threads)

Patches will be released when they're ready, and each patch won't fix every problem but it'll help.

In other words, wait patiently, or create a blog on facebook about how annoyed you are, either way, there should be fixes sometime in the near future. Hopefully sooner rather than later for all you lads and lassies.

wtf.. i have e6600 , and 8800 gts (320 mb version) , and i can play it well (even multiplayer in city battles gives 25-30 fps which is good enough)

just tune down your insane settings filrate and other crap to reasonable level and enjoy the damn game ffs

wtf.. i have e6600 , and 8800 gts (320 mb version) , and i can play it well (even multiplayer in city battles gives 25-30 fps which is good enough)

just tune down your insane settings filrate and other crap to reasonable level and enjoy the damn game ffs

Hey that isn't totally accurate.

There are a lot of people who can't accomplish 25FPS in city areas even when they do turn their settings down. (like me)

Edited by Kenjineering

Problem is lots of companies release games before they are "ready" due to pressure from the market, and mainly of course either competition or the publishers deadlines.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Funny thing that that the forums and all the threads that reports problems always gets a "it works fine for me, stop complaining" post/reply. What´s really up with that?

It should be clear to everyone now that the game is released in a far from ready state. If you buy a product that is presented as a finished game, the game should be finished. Pretty clear I think. I did not pay for a beta product nor to be a beta tester. I payed for a working game. As a consumer I have, and should have the right to expect high standards and be able to complain if these "de facto" standards are not beeing met. As in this case.

My point is that BiS should admit that they have quality issues with their product and that they should communicate it open and clear to their customers whilst presenting a plan of action with an expected timeframe for the the completion of appropriate actions (the miracle patch wich takes the game from Beta to Alpha status ;) ). That would be a respectful gestrure to their customers. Sticking the head in the sand is not.

Completely agree with you here, problem is though that this is EXTREMELY rare when it comes to the general underhanded tactics of software providers.

shut up

get off the troubleshooting forum if you can run it fine

that is all

Bis won't admit there is a problem because who would buy the game then? What I would really like to know is what computer they tested this game on? Because judging by the amount of complaints on these forums, it's got me wondering if they did any other hardware testing at all. It's also, "ludicrous" for people to defend Bis, by stating there are loads of different hardware configerations and that this is where the problems are. Common ffs, "GET REAL" everyone knows if you develope pc computers games that you have to be aware of all this before you begin developing them - Otherwise just stick to xbox360.

I say again - Why didn't they just release the game when it was ready?

In other words, wait patiently, or create a blog on facebook about how annoyed you are.

That a polite way for you to tell people to stop posting there complaints here LOL. Sorry Bulldogs, but you have to be prepared to take all these complaints when you are willing to put a game out that doesn't work on alot of computers.

Edited by Jackdaniels

However, you also have to be realistic about timescales... given past performance on Arma 1, we can expect a stabilisation patch 1.04 round about the 5 month mark (about October) which should stop most of the total gamebreakers, followed by reaching the 1.08 stage sometime around the 7-9 month mark (December or January 2010). At this stage Arma 2 will be "release ready"... (also at this stage we're likely to see some sort of "expansion pack" which includes the patch).

The "performance patches" should kick in around 17 months after original release (around October 2010)...

Now BIS may surprise us this time around... if they work TWICE as fast as they've done in the past, we could see stability by Christmas, be asked to shell out for an expansion pack around Easter, and see performance issues definitively addressed by this time next year!

B

Oh my God, I really HOPE this guy is joking. Or does he really mean it that I bought a f.... game NOW a will only be able to play it like on Christmas (MAYBE)???? If there isnt a patch to fix the total graphical unstability by a week or so, I am going to return my copy of the game a write a VERY unpleasant letter to BIS.

This is really like a bad dream. The gentlemen in BIS (namely Jan Prazak, the PR manager) should spend more time actually communicating with their costumers (at least officially admit that the game will be of any use no sooner that December) and less time shooting "dev´s diaries" that, by the way, only pissed me off big time when I saw how great the game should have looked...and doesnt.

I AM REALLY ANGRY AT THIS POINT, SO I WARN YOU - NOT IN MOOD FOR SOME "SENIOR MEMBERS" TO ASK ME TO BE POLITE OR ASURE ME THAT "PATCHES WILL COME"!!!!!!

I wrote a polite email to BIS to which none responded, so I would really appreciate someone from BIS to confirm an approximate date of release.

I AM REALLY ANGRY AT THIS POINT, SO I WARN YOU - NOT IN MOOD FOR SOME "SENIOR MEMBERS" TO ASK ME TO BE POLITE OR ASURE ME THAT "PATCHES WILL COME"!!!!!!

Well I think you should always be polite. But stay rest I won't assure you of anything if that's what you want.

I wrote a polite email to BIS to which none responded, so I would really appreciate someone from BIS to confirm an approximate date of release.

I'm not BIS but I can tell you the approximate date of the release of next patch will be announced when the patch is ready.

I'm not BIS but I can tell you the approximate date of the release of next patch will be announced when the patch is ready.

I would of liked Bis to have announced the game when it was ready, and not just release something on us that is unplayable.

I would of liked Bis to have announced the game when it was ready, and not just release something on us that is unplayable.

Speak for yourself.

Anyway this is the troubleshooting section and not the rant and whining one. This thread becomes nothing more that.

what kills me is how people with Q6600s run the game better than people with i7's.

and my friend with a 3870 runs it better than me with a GTX 260 (well only slightly bette)

The release date of this game was a plot to gain money before OPF2 kills it. Codemasters is much better at PR and Sales and will make there product more known to the public eye. BIS understands this therefor we all have broken games. The bugs actually dont bother me as I do 3D modeling and rendering and know how bugs easily can ruin work. The thing that irritates me is the performance hogging nature of the engine or coding.

This is a damned shame really because the ballistics in this one and the character animations are so much better than OPF2 is going to be. Actually the videos of OPF2 kinda remind me of BF2 so I prolly wont be buying it.

Everyone keeps this talk about performance patches. You all that did the statistics of the patches in the previous arma should just go knock your wifes up and when the baby is born go play Arma2!! Honestly if this is going to be a repeat on time frames I will be contacting steam for return purchase. As a matter of fact I think I am gonna cut my losses now before I get frustrated and tempted to make hardware purchases that will not help me in the end.

I wanted this game to be my sanity for the next couple of years with community mods and good times online. Instead I am extremely dissapointed. Dissapointed in the way the consumer was sold an unfinished product. Atleast they have given H/W companies a little extra income ehh.

BiS is in a really convenient position. Being the only one who cares to develop realistic military simulators they have no competition so they can get away with everything.

They know they have a core fanbase who's willing to buy their games no matter what and able to wait eons for patches, so they just release unfinished games and use the costumers as beta testers because it's not like there's a better, stable, consistent military simulator out there people could buy instead of their product.

I knew this is going to happen again so I'm not surprised at all but let me tell you the only reason I bought Arma2 because I had no option.

what kills me is how people with Q6600s run the game better than people with i7's.

and my friend with a 3870 runs it better than me with a GTX 260 (well only slightly bette)

I also have a q6600 with 4 gig ram and a 8800GTX 768 MB card. My vista64 is completely optimised (stripped from all the eye candy).

Game runs crap especially in cities. Just makes you cry. :mad:

Maybe this is not just a problem with BIS, but also with hardware makers. We need new tuned drivers for ATI, NVIDIA, etc. We need code optimization from BIS.

What happened with ARMA is not necessarily going to happen with ARMA II in terms of time frame solution/patches. Maybe it won't take so much time. I'm sure it will depend with a lot of factors. The only things that we can be assure is that they will be dealt.

This is the price we pay for choosing a game that plays and feels like a milsim, a physical 200 km world, developed by a small software house. Probably if it was developed by a large company you would only get a BFx clone.

Maybe this is not just a problem with BIS, but also with hardware makers. We need new tuned drivers for ATI, NVIDIA, etc. We need code optimization from BIS.

What happened with ARMA is not necessarily going to happen with ARMA II in terms of time frame solution/patches. Maybe it won't take so much time. I'm sure it will depend with a lot of factors. The only things that we can be assure is that they will be dealt.

This is the price we pay for choosing a game that plays and feels like a milsim, a physical 200 km world, developed by a small software house. Probably if it was developed by a large company you would only get a BFx clone.

Hmmmm, given 200 series cards are so popular amongst true enthusiasts (as are latest ATI cards), it would have made sense for BIS to have worked with the hardware vendors during a test phase prior to release, dont you think?

So yeah, if we need updated drivers, fine, but couldn't BIS have anticipated the issues a bit better? They can surely afford a few different configs to test on? The number of posters with issues suggests a real lack of a good testing strategy.

Hmmmm, given 200 series cards are so popular amongst true enthusiasts (as are latest ATI cards), it would have made sense for BIS to have worked with the hardware vendors during a test phase prior to release, dont you think?

So yeah, if we need updated drivers, fine, but couldn't BIS have anticipated the issues a bit better? They can surely afford a few different configs to test on? The number of posters with issues suggests a real lack of a good testing strategy.

Honestly I cannot answer to that. Only because there are problems that doesn't meant that they didn't work with the hardware vendors. Anyway I think it should have been much more testing prior to release. The reason for that not have happened lies in small resources and marketing strategy.

We must keep in mind always that BIS is a small developer with all the advantages and disadvantages of it. Personally, I think, the advantages compensate largely the disadvantages.

This is a hard world where small companies are being overrun by the big. It's a struggle for surviving. I'll always support the small.

Edited by Von_Paulus

Pains me to see so many people having the game unplayable, because you're missing one hell of a game :(

At least I know I don't need to upgrade anytime soon. Even more, I must avoid it at all cost

This is a hard world where small companies are being overrun by the big. It's a struggle for surviving. I'll always support the small.

Supporting the "small" is nice but as long as they require a regular payment for their product (same as any other "large" company) they need to act appropriatelly. As it is, size is not and cannot be an excuse.

And be honest about it, the best things are often for free - how much would it cost them or how many people would it require of them just to POST A COMMENT in the forum saying "We are aware of certain drawbacks some of you may be facing, but we are working round the clock to correct it! You may expect a patch to be released within XY days! Thanks for supporting us!" ??

Speaking for myself, I would be happy with that. What really drives me crazy at this moment is their total (public) ignorace of all the issues. And instead of posting such a diplomatic note, they make me even more angry by releasing "flash games" and "web updates" and "dev diaries".

I would very much like to support them not only for their are small and their game (could have been) awesome but also for their are Czech, just as I am (patriotism works:o). But this attitude is simply horrible.

Make it better BIS and allow me to be proud of you, damn it!

Speak for yourself.

Anyway this is the troubleshooting section and not the rant and whining one. This thread becomes nothing more that.

Troubleshooting? Please don't make me laugh; I am not in a joking mood today:D. There are no real fixes here on this so called “Troubleshooting forum.†Anyways, I don't see you contributing much to this thread. Have I missed the part where you have helped out here? I did see you told someone that the patches would be ready when they were ready LOL - Is this what you would call helping out?

Edited by Jackdaniels