Sign in to follow this  
froggyluv

[SP] Mucks Revenge

muck1.jpg

Mucks Revenge

Beta 0.9

"Chernarus has been sitting on an uneasy 9 month cease fire between Nato and Soviet forces. More dangerous still, are the soldiers left sitting idle without purpose. Still recovering from a macabre house party, you are sent to serve under the notoriously unscrupulous Captain Anderson."

-SP story driven mission rather than objectives.

-I most highly urge you only to play this in VETERAN MODE! Waypoints may be wonky in Cadet and all of those saves and enemy radar screens will probably break missions if not immersion.

***-This is a SP mission yet is was made with a Campaign format. That means you'll have to create a folder named:

Campaigns

and stick it in your Arma2 folder. Will not work in SP mission folders!!!***

I also recommend that you already have Chernarus loaded, ie, have opened it in game so that the first cut-scene will load properly texturewise.

-Known bugs:

Due to some diva-like actors (AI), there is a small chance that certain cutscenes could go batty.

There is a Description error near the end of the mission but it won't effect anything, just continue thru it.

Have fun!

Download:

Armaholic Link http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6278

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=campaigns&id=20&setlang=en

http://arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=380

Sw Depot http://www.swdepot.co.uk/download.php?view.124

Edited by froggyluv

Nice, intro's abit long winded but once u get into the campaign its pretty cool.

Not surprisingly, I got owned at outpost 5 :P

Nice, intro's abit long winded but once u get into the campaign its pretty cool.

Not surprisingly, I got owned at outpost 5 :P

If you can survive long enough at Outpost #5, reinforcements will show up creating a diversion for your last waypoint. Glad you like it and that Intro was a b#tch to try and coordinate so when things finally lined up, I left em be .You're right though, I would have preferred to tighten that up a notch and still may, as well as some new chapters maybe.

OK, I laughed.

But tell me how did a little PBO file contain so much stuff?

^^^

A lot of sound compression and splicing of the music to try to keep the files smaller.

Where you able to complete the mission and was it tough/too easy? My favorite mission from OFP was the "After Montignac(sp?)" in which you really had to scramble to stay alive and with only your 1 save. If that mission had had too many saves it just wouldn't have been as memorable.

^^^

A lot of sound compression and splicing of the music to try to keep the files smaller.

Where you able to complete the mission and was it tough/too easy? My favorite mission from OFP was the "After Montignac(sp?)" in which you really had to scramble to stay alive and with only your 1 save. If that mission had had too many saves it just wouldn't have been as memorable.

Its evreyones fave :D

Gonna try it out now

What folder does mucks revenge go into, as it doesnt wotk in SP mission folder and anyother one?

What settings would you recommend one changes in the Regular difficulty mode for the mission not to break, if it's a technical issue? (I'm not talking about immersion here, since apparently we both understand it in different ways. I never play online below Veteran level, but will never give up multiple saves in SP for anything.)

Thanks.

@Sig-

You have to create a folder named 'Campaigns' in your Arma2 root folder, then stick the mission in there.

@neofit-

Well nothing would actually break the mission so I probably overstated that a little :D I wasn't really conscious of what waypoints might be showing for the player in Cadet mode as far as mission waypoints are told to you rather then, "go to point A, point B etc..." But generally I was referring to the enemy tags showing up on your map, as that first part of the mission is suppossed to be a mad scramble to get to Outpost 5, which is generally where I' d use my one precious save. There is also a hidden motorbike in the starting village, which can make life easier in getting to Outpost 6.

Well nothing would actually break the mission so I probably overstated that a little :D I wasn't really conscious of what waypoints might be showing for the player in Cadet mode as far as mission waypoints are told to you rather then, "go to point A, point B etc..."

Thanks froggyluv, I remove all hud and tags and whatever in SP too to make it look like Veteran, but multiple saves are sacred :). Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Edit: tried it. You're a glutton for punishment ;). Even with multiple saves I got bored reloading just trying to run around the first house, avoiding the shooting bushes and trees and other AIs sniping through the fence. The engagement range here is more akin to that of a regular doom-like shooter, but here we don't have a health bar and are less mobile.

Edited by neofit

Lol- yeah it's meant to start off as intense CQB and the player to feel pretty much alone. There are two friendly guards and a weapon crate by the tent to help, but it's certainly doable to escape. Each direction you choose to run has a different challenge, because if you make a bee-line straight for Outpost #5, you have to scale that hill which means your a slow target. Hint- the civilian militia way, is probably the easiest way to go.

^^^

the first time i beat it my legs were shot after a dash for morton.

i got into a nice firefight with 2 straglers i found. they got cut to ribbons but those russians did too. i like watching the ambient combat. i saw a big squad of about 8 get into a desperate firefight. they were all dead when i got to them. soon i was too. meh.

this was ofp: elite btw

I decided to see what kind of missions were in the older pages of this forum category and happened upon this mission. Holy shnikes!!! this is one tough mission dude!

At first I was trying to kill the first three soldiers with the handgun to try and get the dead enemies weapons as I didn't know where the ammo crates were. Once I found the crate, I tried my damnest to clear the starting point but eventually gave up and headed up the hill.

I wouldn't dare play this on veteran, mostly because I have a crappy PC and its a bit laggy therefore I need many saves.

But I must note that I do in fact love the immersion... for instance, after arming myself I headed back in towards where you begin the mission in attempts to clear out some enemies. I ran towards a long wall and on the left side of it I took out two bad guys then immediatly ran towards the right side of it. I was hugging the wall almost near the end of it getting ready to lean around the corner and assess the situation when all of a sudden in swoops this civilian... scared the shit out of me, after that scare I said F** this Im headin towards camp 5. WHile running up the hill I was being fired upon by several enemies, got a bit of an adrenaline drip hearing the bullets spit and spat into the ground all around me. While running up the hill the visibility was low but I could see a few silouhettes running to the left of my position on top of the hill **prone-save** they didn't see me so I continued on towards camp 5. I checked the map and noticed one sniper far north of my position and a technical. I was going to fire but I got scared that it might be Muck. I made it to camp 5 but by the time I made it to the top of the parking garage most of my unit was dead.

Would you mind giving me some hints or pointers?

Edited by PaperCut

Hehe, yeah this mission is pretty tough. Actually I have no idea how it plays out now with different changes in AI and such as I made the mission based off early an Arma2 version and almost any AI mod seemed to drastically change the mission as well as screw up the cut-scenes.

As far as I remember, the easier way to get out of the village is using cover at all times and working your way thru the village as you'll be facing mostly armed civilians except for that UAZ, which you'll have to try and time a head shot on the gunner. If you can get the UAZ, you're gold. Also, I remember sticking a motorcycle hidden in that part of the village somehwhere which can help with a quick escape. Another, less military solution is getting the tractor, as the farmer usually disembarks when hearing gunshots.

The full onslaught of enemies doesn't converge on you until you get to Outpost 5 but they may take pot shots at you while running, especially if you try to take the direct route up the hill as that will slow you down.

Even at Outpost #5, the odds are stacked against you, but there is plenty of weapons to choose from and moving to different floors and angles is how I used to beat them -or at least stay alive until the Evac order comes in. The small friendly force at Outpost #5 would always play out differently, but they shouldn't be dead by the time you get there as the onslaught is not triggered yet -not sure :confused:

Good luck finishing this one, I wanted a balls to walls, scramble for your life mission, but it's definitely on the Harder end for people who really like survival challenge.

I love the challenge dude, fer shure :thumbsup: And the squad wasn't dead when I got there,, lol, they died by the time I got my laggy ass on top of the parking garage :)

but 10-4 n tanks fer the info :D