Sign in to follow this  
darkmatter265

Can you halo jump in the editor?

What exactly is a "halo jump"?

High Altitude Low Opening

Heh, the previous link made me want to use the C130 in Domination HALO jumps. So I tweeked things a bit........

there must be halo jumps - at least in the campaign - since you can train it.

im gonna have to skip all missions then. campaign is getting boring. or should i say slide show!

You can make soldiers do a HALO jump in the editor by copying this text and pasting it into initialisation line of the unit:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1000];

this flyinheight 1000;

this setvelocity [0,0,0];

[this] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs";

In this script, the 1000 is the height in meters you want the unit to start at, and can be variable.

You can make soldiers do a HALO jump in the editor by copying this text and pasting it into initialisation line of the unit:

this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2) +1000];

this flyinheight 1000;

this setvelocity [0,0,0];

[this] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs";

In this script, the 1000 is the height in meters you want the unit to start at, and can be variable.

how do i copy paste into the game

Left-click and hold the left mouse butten, drag over the script, rightclick and press copy.

In the game, while selecting the init line of the unit, press ctrl+v.

I dont know why the option is not allready in the game,it doesn't make sense.

I dont know why the option is not allready in the game,it doesn't make sense.

It is, the script is in one of the default .pbo's. :rolleyes:

Stick this in a radio trigger On Act. Or the waypoint of a plane (for ease just change 2000 to flyinheight of plane.....or make a starter script to get plane altitude and pipe that in).

[player,2000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs";

Player is unit to be HALO'd. 2000 is altitude you will drop from.

This is all you need....... HALO_init changes your position for you, it will also work out if the unit is AI and therefore deploy the chute at 200 !!

i done what you said, i can halo using your script the first time, when i respawn, i just respawn normal, how do i do it everytime?

Stick this in a radio trigger On Act. Or the waypoint of a plane (for ease just change 2000 to flyinheight of plane.....or make a starter script to get plane altitude and pipe that in).

[player,2000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs";

Player is unit to be HALO'd. 2000 is altitude you will drop from.

This is all you need....... HALO_init changes your position for you, it will also work out if the unit is AI and therefore deploy the chute at 200 !!

I've tried a lot to create a Halo Jump mission in Fallujah. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it. So, I've added a pilot to the Rifle Squad, made him take control of the CH-47, move to the desired postion and disembark.

It's not a safe option, because it makes the helo and the troop vulnerable to enemy fire, but you just need to select a Landing Point as far as you want of the enemy position. I guess than 450-580m is safer in-case of city insertions. For open-areas insertions I higly recommend more than 1000m of the enemy position, unless you get some good cover like a mountain difficulting the enemy visibility.

There probably is a script for it, have you tried here, also google 'arma2 halo spawn scripts' also does this help, there will be one that's for sure, somewhere..

Haven't tried any of these myself, but worth a look.:D

I've seen missions where they use a flagpole as the base for a halo script. Basically, you walk up to the pole and get a scroll wheel option to HALO jump. When you click it your map opens and when you click on a location it spawns you up there and you HALO. I can't for the life of me remember what the script is, but I'm sure you can find it on armaholic.....