Sign in to follow this  
D.Ginzbourg

ArmA 2 Profile player name

I have a profile named user, now i didn't notice that i have such player name, how can i change the name of the Player name to something like DGinzbourg?

From the main interface, just select "Player Profile" (should be on the same screen as "Single Player", "Multiplayer", "Exit", etc).

Just make a new profile using any name you like.

Create a new Porifle, then copy from My Coduments the ArmA 2 folder (all the profile files), paste them at ArmA 2 other profiles (folder at My Documents), before you do that, delete the single file in arma 2 other profile folder but remember the name of that file! After you wrote or remembered the single file name, paste the profile files and rename the "{name}.ArmA2Profile" to the new profile name you made. (for example, the single file was "DGinzbourg.ArmA2Profile", and in the files you copied there was "user.ArmA2Profile" so you change "user.ArmA2Profile" to "DGinzbourg.ArmA2Profile"). Sorry if i did a mess out of this.

For some reason you can't change the name of the default profile.

When you create a new profile you cannot base it upon an existing one, so you will have to reconfigure 101 keys or copy files.

Create a new Porifle, then copy from My Coduments the ArmA 2 folder (all the profile files), paste them at ArmA 2 other profiles (folder at My Documents), before you do that, delete the single file in arma 2 other profile folder but remember the name of that file! After you wrote or remembered the single file name, paste the profile files and rename the "{name}.ArmA2Profile" to the new profile name you made. (for example, the single file was "DGinzbourg.ArmA2Profile", and in the files you copied there was "user.ArmA2Profile" so you change "user.ArmA2Profile" to "DGinzbourg.ArmA2Profile"). Sorry if i did a mess out of this.

Old thread, I know, but as I followed the instructions and still have a problem I'm thinking others may be in the same situation?

I did the above and also copied over savefiles, as I had started the campaign and wanted to continue with my new profile. However, one thing seems to remain, and that's my callsign in dialogues (with campaign characters and with AI group members), which is still <oldname>. I think I have changed all the names of files... Do I need to edit inside a file as well to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Edit: Tried changing the 'name' entry in weapons.cfg, which was <oldname>, but no effect as far as I could see.

Edited by tvamvarg

Has anyone had any problems with saving missions after switching profiles? I created a new profile and now I can't save any SP/MP missions at all, with either profile. At least I can't find where they're being saved to, if at all. And no, they're not in 'compatability files' .