Sign in to follow this  
Tozzifan

newbie: too much hurry into the city?

hi,

I'm into the fourth stock campaign mission: I've just crossed the town looking for the sniper: although I've covered the distance almost on the run, I didn't complete the task in time

being a long time Ghost Recon (and Flashpoint as well) player, I'd like to get to the sniper location in a more realistic way, by taking the time to cover every angle into the path to the objective, thus enjoying much more the sim

is there a way to turn off the countdown timer to "failed task" ?

thanks

It's possible to depbo the campaign and edit the mission scripts, there isn't really another way. But come on, realistic doesn't mean that you have to take things slowly, sometimes you end up in a hurry and then you have to do things fast. If you've ever been in the military, you know that you have to do everything fast, even if you just end up waiting longer when you're done.

I, too, found that mission very unrealistic (although I don't have any realistic experience to compare with.) It just seems a bad idea to rush through the city without thinking when a sniper is firing at the streets. I completed that mission but I don't really like it the way it is.

I, too, found that mission very unrealistic (although I don't have any realistic experience to compare with.) It just seems a bad idea to rush through the city without thinking when a sniper is firing at the streets. I completed that mission but I don't really like it the way it is.

Well the sqaud calls for help because they are being pinned down by a sniper, so while the shooter is busy with them it does "sort of * make sense to be rushing to the sniper spot to take him out...at a stretch..personally i would have just pulled out and arty the place into one big crater.. :cool:

Well the sqaud calls for help because they are being pinned down by a sniper, so while the shooter is busy with them it does "sort of * make sense to be rushing to the sniper spot to take him out...at a stretch..personally i would have just pulled out and arty the place into one big crater.. :cool:

If the campaign was realistic the infantry would just chill outside the city while Aircraft and Arty rip the town a new asshole. Then they send in infantry with tank and helicopter support. If they did that, the sniper wouldn't have a chance in hell.

Oh and this topic would have been better suited in the ArmA 2/ Official Missions board. Just don't wanna see you get in trouble.

basically yours are all very good reasons, and I agree with all

nonetheless the beauty of this kind of game is that it can be interpreted as everyone likes most: I've replayed the mission frantically dashing from cover to cover, realistically as I could get, and accepted the sniper killing failure as well

Barnaby,

:o just on time as taxes, the "trouble" has come ... my fault

If the campaign was realistic the infantry would just chill outside the city while Aircraft and Arty rip the town a new asshole. Then they send in infantry with tank and helicopter support. If they did that, the sniper wouldn't have a chance in hell.

That would be some peacekeeping mission, eh?

i was hoping for an all out gun battle in the city. instead it was run a mile. shoot 3 guys on the way. kill a sniper, then run into a build and board a truck...

i was hoping for an all out gun battle in the city. instead it was run a mile. shoot 3 guys on the way. kill a sniper, then run into a build and board a truck...

that makes me remember old GRAW1 times inside Mexico City....:bounce3: