Sign in to follow this  
soccerboy

Artillery Support System Package: Released

Yup, have to be carefull with ranks in the team with triggers, make sure s1 outrank s2 who outrank s3 and so on.

I think (might be wrong) that formationLeader takes "spacebar actions" (go there, mount that, disembark etc) from group leader and give them to another dude while group leader keeps all other commanding options, drop, radio, and probably arty too.

I noticed that radio triggers are always available via clicking the radio on your map, regardless of if you're leader or not, but my script only allows the leader to call in arty anyway, so if the group has no leader because of the bug they're f-ed. I do want to keep it as a "1 guy only can call in arty." - it makes more sense logically and is easier to program (no "what if 2 ppl call arty at the same time" issues).

ok just tried using your script but am haveing problems geting them player menu to work i goto open menu on the action menu and all i get is the close menu option i tried the demo mission and that worked so i ported the mission over to the editor (still finishing mission in editor) all the files and on map stuff but still i can not get the menu to open propley

Same issue as nevo_77

and also here is the RPT file output for your example mission

Mission Artillery_SSP_1_04_Script.Chernarus: Missing 'description.ext::Header'

Error in expression <] execvm 'artillery_ssp\fire\fire2.sqf' = true>

Error position: <= true>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <fire_b2 = false = false>

Error position: <= false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <fire_b1 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <fire_b1 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <fire_b3 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <m 'artillery_ssp\other\set_target2.sqf' = true>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <set_target_b1 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <set_target_b2 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <set_target_b3 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <lery_ssp\ammo_supply\ammo_resupply.sqf' = true>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <resupply_b1 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <resupply_b2 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <resupply_b3 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <m 'artillery_ssp\fire\cease_fire_s.sqf' = true>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <cease_fire_b1 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <cease_fire_b1 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <cease_fire_b2 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <cease_fire_b3 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <cease_fire_b3 = false = false>

Error Missing ;

Creating debriefing

Hi, I've followed every step but when I open the new mission I created it says it could not find the radio file. Do i need to create a new init.sqf or can use the one in the download? and where exactly is the demo mission in the folder?

I have an problem. When i using in the attached demo mission the m109 or the mortars, there is only one shot shooten by these batterys. What can that be?

Edited by Chaos

I have a question on the script in MP. I've created a 2 player mission for me and a mate to play and have included the arty script (using laser guided rounds). It all works fine, except that when the group leader calls in the bombs the radio chatter isn't seen by the other player, and, to add to the conufsion, while the group leader is the one calling for the mission the no2 is the one with the laser designator. When playing over a LAN it's an easy work-around to watch the other guys screen, but online it could end up being a bit of a pain.

So where have I gone wrong. I rekon I'm about 100% certain that I included everything. I even managed to change all the 155mm "battery" names to "naval gunfire" and it all went smooth......?

....wait up. I just realised I didn't have:

arty_radio = [this] execvm "artillery_ssp\arty_radio.sqf"

in the no2's init. Would that be the problem? Can't really test it for a few days now unfortunately.

First of all - nice script and really easy to use. I use it in my missions for my team allmost every time for a backup in case we get our knees to deep. :)

One thing I really would like, was if the dispertion would work like it should (with m119 that is. Didnt try the others.) Dispersion is exactly the same when set to 100 meters, as it is when set to 300. I even tried enabling 500, but that makes no difference.. At all :]

hello, i have the problem that the arti doesnt work in mp AFTER i had a respawn.

i tried out the demo-mission including all scripts in the right folders.

i did not pbo it just everything in the mp-mission folder. i changed in the

assap_options, "respawn_option = true" added a respawn in the description and everything else is originally, didnt change something else.

but after i have a respawn i just can open and close the menu- nothing shows in it.

what could be the problem?

is want to use it in a 2 man mp-mission. i checked all triggers and init-orders... everthing is original (of course because i justed copied it^^)

why doesnt it work after respawn? can anyone help?

i also looked around other forums, and read the whole thread here- looks like no one has this problem so i must have made something wrong. what could it be?

hello, i have the problem that the arti doesnt work in mp AFTER i had a respawn.

i tried out the demo-mission including all scripts in the right folders.

i did not pbo it just everything in the mp-mission folder. i changed in the

assap_options, "respawn_option = true" added a respawn in the description and everything else is originally, didnt change something else.

but after i have a respawn i just can open and close the menu- nothing shows in it.

what could be the problem?

is want to use it in a 2 man mp-mission. i checked all triggers and init-orders... everthing is original (of course because i justed copied it^^)

why doesnt it work after respawn? can anyone help?

i also looked around other forums, and read the whole thread here- looks like no one has this problem so i must have made something wrong. what could it be?

hello.

first of all sorry that i've been inactive and so quiet for so long but now that i have a few things sorted in my life i'm back and working on this again.

i'm unsure what the problem could be however i'm currently working on a new version thats pretty much rebuilt from the ground up that shouldn't cause as many calculation errors as my previous versions.

theres alot that i've added/changed i'll give a quick rundown of the biggest changes so far.

*i've added support for the PRC119 radio from the ACE2 mod which will require you to have the mod installed, but i'll think of another Non-ACE2 way of simulating having a physical radio.

*i've build a initialization status display so the player knows how far the process is and which files failed or succeeded to initialize and give the proper values.

*i've rewritten most of the scripts to be generic ones to lower the risk of calculation/typo errors.

Heres a preview of the init status system:

th_arma2_assp_110_preview1.jpg

if an error was detected and reportable it'll give you the error report in a radio message for us to track the problem and fix it.

i still need to work on it though but i think over all it will be a big help in finding problems and fixing them.

right now i'm trying to figure out why BIS' artillery module is forcing me to use the shellspawn mode on (true) instead of off (false) like the biki is telling me.

i've noticed this when i was trying to evaluate the dispersion by writing my own shell tracker to judge their flight path and see their impact area but immediately after the shot the bullet is deleted.

so if anybody knows the answer to: "when do i use the command to set shellspawn mode off and on who am i supposed to use it on?" (i'm guessing the logic but so far no luck with either battery nor logic.)

i would appreciate any help with the spawnmode because i would like 100% realism.

Soccorboy,

Arty is a very import part of modern warfare and your script is fighting the way forward like no other. We at 3rd MD are currently the No 1 server in the US, and pride ourselves on tactical realism.

I have suggested we add this onto our server but its lack of stability on initial server start is preventing us trying it.

Keep up the good work !

If you need any play testing then please just ask.

ok just tried using your script but am haveing problems geting them player menu to work i goto open menu on the action menu and all i get is the close menu option i tried the demo mission and that worked so i ported the mission over to the editor (still finishing mission in editor) all the files and on map stuff but still i can not get the menu to open propley

same problem here (using ace mod)

edit: i tried the older 1.3 version of the script and it works BUT after the script is loaded the game stutters unplayable so i made no progress at all

Edited by godmode

Soccorboy,

Arty is a very import part of modern warfare and your script is fighting the way forward like no other. We at 3rd MD are currently the No 1 server in the US, and pride ourselves on tactical realism.

I have suggested we add this onto our server but its lack of stability on initial server start is preventing us trying it.

Keep up the good work !

If you need any play testing then please just ask.

sorry to hear that but i think you'll be happy to hear that the next version could fix your problems with script stability. thats pretty much my main goal in restructuring the entire package into more generic scripts and fetching your choices from an array. there by it shouldn't run into so many calculation errors and the RPT errors should be fixed too now that i'm executing the scripts properly.

same problem here (using ace mod)

edit: i tried the older 1.3 version of the script and it works BUT after the script is loaded the game stutters unplayable so i made no progress at all

that should be fixed aswell in the next version now that i'm using more player oriented eventhandlers for the respawning (re-adding the menu to you after you respawn) so that you don't need any background scripts running endlessly waiting to be used.

Edited by soccerboy

but why doesnt the script work in 1.4 in the first place? how can i find out?

edit: the arty works fine if i use your map. but it stops working as soon as i change something. i tried: changing the soldier class to grenadier and a few others - works. changing the soldier from blue to red faction - doesnt work. changing the arty batteries from blue to red but under the same names so the script can detect them - doesnt work. changing the soldier and the batteries from blue to red - doesnt work. changing the number of battery members - works but since you can only order a maximum of 15 rounds it makes not much sense i guess. copy the scripts and triggers to my own mission - doesnt work. copy all units, triggers, markers etc from my to your mission - doesnt work. copy your scripts but make the triggers and batteries myself in a new map - doesnt work. all in all nothing works except changing the type of soldier (if he remains bluefor) or number of battery members

Edited by godmode

but why doesnt the script work in 1.4 in the first place? how can i find out?

edit: the arty works fine if i use your map. but it stops working as soon as i change something. i tried: changing the soldier class to grenadier and a few others - works. changing the soldier from blue to red faction - doesnt work. changing the arty batteries from blue to red but under the same names so the script can detect them - doesnt work. changing the soldier and the batteries from blue to red - doesnt work. changing the number of battery members - works but since you can only order a maximum of 15 rounds it makes not much sense i guess. copy the scripts and triggers to my own mission - doesnt work. copy all units, triggers, markers etc from my to your mission - doesnt work. copy your scripts but make the triggers and batteries myself in a new map - doesnt work. all in all nothing works except changing the type of soldier (if he remains bluefor) or number of battery members

well 1.04 is very buggy when it comes to only adding one battery or two you may end up killing the script with a Zero Divisor Error that i've found out about and fixed in the new version.

also not being able to use the artillery on the opfor side is intentional because i ment to expand it into two sections for an opfor and a blufor section of scripts so one doesn't mess with the other but i've noticed in my old 1.04 experiments that the east artillery batteries weren't being detected properly at all (MLRS worked fine but the Cannon and the mortars were messed up. the mortars were listed as the cannons for some odd reason) so i scrubbed it till a later time when i gathered a little more experience in scripting.

perhaps its possible 2 make it class related? so that only USMC_commander can use it!

and change the actual pieces to virtual ones so it works better for multiplayer dedi?

well 1.04 is very buggy when it comes to only adding one battery or two you may end up killing the script with a Zero Divisor Error that i've found out about and fixed in the new version.

also not being able to use the artillery on the opfor side is intentional because i ment to expand it into two sections for an opfor and a blufor section of scripts so one doesn't mess with the other but i've noticed in my old 1.04 experiments that the east artillery batteries weren't being detected properly at all (MLRS worked fine but the Cannon and the mortars were messed up. the mortars were listed as the cannons for some odd reason) so i scrubbed it till a later time when i gathered a little more experience in scripting.

i see then i will have patience, thanks for your efford

hello everybody,

after much much work and CTDs i got a new progress report for you all:

-i've now finished the bare concept of my GUI.

-i'm planning to give people the ability to pre-register firing points on the map so the artillery is sent much faster. (still non-functional and WIP).

-the initial release will still require the ACE mod and you to have the PRC119 Radio equipped to use it. i'm still unsure how i'm going to do it otherwise but i'll focus on that once the initial release is out and done.

-the size of the package has been seriously reduced to only a hand full of scripts.

thats it from me for now i'll be back with more info at a later date.

until then have a great time with ArmA2 :)

th_arma2_assp_110_preview2.jpg

A parameter that sets whether or not you actually have to have the radio would probably be better than requiring it by default, and shouldn't be too difficult. You could also let the mission maker write his own function that will return true if that player is allowed to use the artillery and false if he isn't.

I am trying to get this in the domination mission , but so far i have no results , is it even possible to get this in the mission ?

I am trying to get this in the domination mission , but so far i have no results , is it even possible to get this in the mission ?

you can't use this in an already existing mission. you'll have to specifically build the mission to incorporate the script package.

however the current release has quite a few bugs that so far have been fixed in the new version that i'm working on right now.

you can't use this in an already existing mission. you'll have to specifically build the mission to incorporate the script package.

however the current release has quite a few bugs that so far have been fixed in the new version that i'm working on right now.

damm , its was such a good arty script .. :(

and tnks for the fast response !

any updates on the progress of this one? i've noticed that the dispersion doesnt work at all currently, the only thing that creates your desired dispersion is physically setting up the arty/mortars in the desired pattern/spacing.