Sign in to follow this  
Balgorg

Error: Device freed

Im getting this error all the time now, anyone got any ideas what it is?

Arma crashes to desktop, and a box pops up with the heading: Arma II

and- Error: Device Freed

It says the same in my RPT file, but nothing else.

It happens while using the editor, on a custom map ported over, could it just be a particular map or maps? Any ideas much welcome.

run arma as administrator

i had the same message before

i think it`s a restriction to change anything in the program

Im getting this error all the time now, anyone got any ideas what it is?

Arma crashes to desktop, and a box pops up with the heading: Arma II

and- Error: Device Freed

It says the same in my RPT file, but nothing else.

It happens while using the editor, on a custom map ported over, could it just be a particular map or maps? Any ideas much welcome.

I have had this come up after a CTD about a dozen times and not once was I using the editor. Another problem here I would suggest. Don't think it is an admin issue as I am admin on my PC and it still occurs.

Anyone else got any feedback on this? Must be a reason for it?

Solved, problem is mixing mods in same folder, its better to seperate out the mods........obvious really.

Solved, problem is mixing mods in same folder, its better to seperate out the mods........obvious really.

Wouldn't say this is fixed as I do not have any mods at all.

I also get this error, crashes to desktop. No reason whatso ever, just crashes with this error.

I've seen it a lot when using the editor and doesn't cause my game to crash it's just in the rpt file.

What probably happens is the game is doing something important while exiting the map and it gets interrupted, it's also possible to get the message if you get a CTD as it would have the same result.

That's just a theory.

This error is present on custom maps and I've been unable to figure out how to fix it. It occurs when you alt-tab or punch in Preview when using Editor (when entering 3d engine). Hopefully BIS can provide an answer.

its connected with clutter config when using old A1 configs. When I removed the clutter settings it works.

I don't have any A1 settings in my config... still happens to me normally when I'm switching advanced video settings... i.e. changed Video Memory just now and crashed.

Guys, I don't think it is the editor specifically that is crashing the game. Let me describe the conditions that cause this error on my end:

I have the minimum required specs to run the game (demo at the moment, ordered the full version), I got it running at normal display. This happens in any game situation, the game will run fine for a while, but it will slow down, get really choppy, then it will say "Receiving..." more and more frequently. Eventually, it will stop "receiving" and the game will exit to the desktop along with a pop-up message "Error: device freed". When I try to restart the game, I either get a "not enough physical memory" or an "invalid call" from my Nvidia driver. I have to then restart the computer to be able to play the game. I notice the pauses in the frame rate at times are to allow the game to render the textures fully, but sometimes it does not recover fully and I guess my computer loses the pace.

I am thinking I need to either get another gig of memory and-or upgrade the video card, or maybe I will just count on the full version being more stable than the demo (though it doesn't seem promising). I see one guy has 2 gigs of ram and yet still gets this problem. What gives?

Edited by postman84
more particular

I get the same error of the demo, waiting for full game to arrive. The error only happens half the time, I'm on XP so as far as I know you can't run arma2 as an admin. Any for sure known fixes for XP?