Sign in to follow this  
GA.Shrug

Multi Player Communities dieing overnite

Hard to keep servers running in US with players. Noone is playing multiplayer anymore because of this "bugged" Super AI seeing and shooting through terrain and buildings and trees and anything.

Everyone saying same thing and not coming back to play online...

They go out, get in a nice safe spot to kill one of 50 tanks... Shoot the one lonely tank or infantty.. only to have the entire army one shot them as they quickly duck behind cover.. to no avail... Enemy don't even have to look in the direction.. as soon as you pull the trigger.. poof your dead. You can lay there for 4 hours undetected, the mere second you pull that trigger, your day is over.

I experience it myself.. Its frustrating and quite frankly stupid..

I think I have to cancel expensiv windows servers already.. most people online via 24 huor peroid.. 4 down from 20 a week ago.

The enemy seems to have a policy, ok we see you you can lay there with our sites all upon you.. but the moment you get aggressive is when we will act..

And well. we have SUPER eyes. enemy heat sensing equipment and we bugged every tree and bush in a 22k radius..

I agree with you completely. I was watching over an enemy airfield on a side mission and I was about 1 km away I think. I shot one round of and killed an enemy soldier but the ENTIRE BASE started shooting at me INSTANTLY. Needless to say with all the tanks shooting at me I died :). AI shouldn't be able to sense you so easily.

I believe they are working on tweaking this... I hope. I agree, they do have super senses, including x-ray vision. They can see through trees bushes and grass as though it isnt there. Which is why, for the moment, I am playing mostly PvP games, and having a BLAST. Against the AI, you just have to be very careful, and have an exit strategy. Drop back over a hill, use it to conceal yourself as you flank them, come at them from somewhere else, etc.

So what you're saying is...it would be better for the AI in the area that probably would have heard the gunshot to NOT respond to the gunshot? And then on the off chance that ONE of them knew exactly where the gunshot came from that he NOT tell his comrades to shoot at the same spot?

I just want to be clear...

Skruis, go away, your bad at trolling... we dont care what is clear to you. if you play the multiplayer games, you know, if not you don't and you troll like this because you simply hate negative opinions.. It's not our problem what you hate...

We will speak, we have freedom of speech.

It is sad that we are experiencing all of the bugs that ArmA 1 had when it first came out, BI patched them so why have we gone backwards.

*Nothing better than ArmA 2 out there so will be sticking with it, hopefully they will get around to it eventually. Would be nice to have a Official Bug Tracker that shows that work is been done, as I mentioned in another post vBulletin Project Tools SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY:bounce3:

Didn't say you can't speak and don't mind negative opinions...just meant to point out that if a teammate gets shot, the rest of the team tends to shoot back and uh, I do play a lot of coop online and have yet to notice that the AI is overly aware. Sure, I've had my times when I'm sitting behind a bush and get shot but I do the same thing when i spot someone hiding behind a bush or one of my teammates tells me theres enemy inf hiding in a particular spot...I'll spray the area and get lucky. I just thought it was funny that you bothered to complain about something that tends to realistically happen anyway...but it is a game and you are meant to enjoy it so...complain away :-)

Edited by skruis

Let's see, No linux server, No mp games of any worth.

I think they simply wanted this game out before OpFP2...

The campaign is all we paid for with some new spray paint.. and loss of vehicles we love to fly..

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I find it funny your ignorance keeps you yapping away looking like the idiot you truly are.

Go play and find out.. it takes a week and lots of modes to realize how fucked this game truly is.. and come see my server which was 32/32 3 days ago and now a ghost town, because noone cares anymore

Probably because they got sick of listening to you...but it could be something else :-)

yup, you idiots come in droves, it does get tiring listening to your anti-whining all day fucking long

I assume Skruis is just trolling but anyway...

Enemies should seek you out and try to kill you using team tactics but they shouldn't automatically know where you are after you fire one shot. Especially as a sniper a few hundred meters away. They should know the general direction the shot came from due to where the man was hit and where his body fell.They should then advance to that general area to try and take you out.

Seriously? I mean, Seriously? Obviously you have the AI skill far too high for those that frequent your servers. I agree there are issues, but come on, it's not THAT bad.

Let's see, No linux server, No mp games of any worth.

Correction : no MP game suiting your desire. I'm really happy for myself with ArmA2 MP. From what we read here, a bunch of people playing Hold type of games are happy too

Oh so the problems don't exist because you play Hold.. IGNORANCE MORONS PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK, we dont care about you that dont agree..

Wow, this thread went to crap.....

It's strange how some people are having such issues with the AI and are totally different than what I experiance. I've seen none of this xray vision and even had an enemy patrol nearly step on me while I was prone.

This even when the AI skill was set above the stock!

here I am. I like this game. I like Multiplayer. I like whores.

if you disagree with any of the above, I will call you an idiot, just like GA SHRUG.

;)

In reply to the OP's issue:

It is probably the mission designer's fault, actually. If you have lots of AI having 'guard' waypoints in the same close area they will share target information with EVERYONE having that Guard waypoint, and units will attack the threat and reinforce the guarded area.

Some smarter mission design could get around the issues of way too many AI sharing target information too quickly.

yeah its the mission designers fault tanks shoot thru buildings and walls .. its the mission designers fault the AI shoots through hills.. pffft...

Congrats on your suspension DEE, you earned it.. you anti-whining bitch.. oh the irony...

to use negativity when you can't comprehend negativity...

Oh so the problems don't exist because you play Hold.. IGNORANCE MORONS PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK, we dont care about you that dont agree..

This guy is for real? :eek:

Yeah its the mission designers fault, you fire one bullet and a tank from 900 meters away facing the opposite direction fires one bullet at someone 2500 meters the other way within a .2 of a second and scoring a kill shot...

snap. roll... whats that sound???

'Click'

Name ahs died.

oh the tanks are in town 1 majority spawned as rookies..

I guess rookies get aimbots, thats the misconception of the editor?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

This guy is for real? :eek:

Another troll go figure.. schools out,

here come the carebears....

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

hey whisper, at least i have a reason for posting.. your reason.. spamming those links in your sig.. i'll inform google of your scheme... have a nice day.. thanks for trolling

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

LISTEN UP ANTI WHINING BITCHES

THIS POST IS NOT MADE TO CARE ABOUT THE AI AND ITS FUBAR BEHAVIOT

WE AND THE DEVS KNOW ITS SHIT, AND WE ARE MAKING THE POINT PLAYERS ARE QUITTING AND IF IT DONT BECOME TOP PRIORITY, SAY GNITE..

So save your comments on what you think the problem may be or if you think its because of this that and this.. we know what its because of.

When you say that "there's no MP worth it in A2", you're wrong and you're trolling to get attention. That's just what I was pointing out, it apparently warranted your awesome answer, made me smile.

Just FYI, BI is working in fixing AI overreaction and detection precision.

+ would you understand what Inkompetent said and how information sharing amongst IA in ArmA works, you'd get his message. There are ways to prevent IA far away sharing detection information with all their side around.

You prefer insulting and trying to drag down people pointing out their feelings and explaining thing, be my guest, have it your way

Hi all

In reply to GA.Shrug with regard to people being a Troll

I just checked your posts, same as any one on the Forum can

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=160047

You should check you flies.

Kind Regards walker

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Yeah its the mission designers fault, you fire one bullet and a tank from 900 meters away facing the opposite direction fires one bullet at someone 2500 meters the other way within a .2 of a second and scoring a kill shot...

snap. roll... whats that sound???

'Click'

Name ahs died.

oh the tanks are in town 1 majority spawned as rookies..

I guess rookies get aimbots, thats the misconception of the editor?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Another troll go figure.. schools out,

here come the carebears....

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

hey whisper, at least i have a reason for posting.. your reason.. spamming those links in your sig.. i'll inform google of your scheme... have a nice day.. thanks for trolling

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

LISTEN UP ANTI WHINING BITCHES

THIS POST IS NOT MADE TO CARE ABOUT THE AI AND ITS FUBAR BEHAVIOT

WE AND THE DEVS KNOW ITS SHIT, AND WE ARE MAKING THE POINT PLAYERS ARE QUITTING AND IF IT DONT BECOME TOP PRIORITY, SAY GNITE..

So save your comments on what you think the problem may be or if you think its because of this that and this.. we know what its because of.

Hi all

Recorded for posterity.

Kind Regards walker

Correction : no MP game suiting your desire. I'm really happy for myself with ArmA2 MP. From what we read here, a bunch of people playing Hold type of games are happy too

alot of people dont agree with me not liking the coop,so i play the hold matches and it is very worth my $$ and it is truly a great game all together.If you dont like the ai, play some MP on some hold missions. PvP. This game is awesome.At first i didnt know what to think,but i love it the best game ive played. :)

When you say that "there's no MP worth it in A2", you're wrong and you're trolling to get attention. That's just what I was pointing out, it apparently warranted your awesome answer, made me smile.

Just FYI, BI is working in fixing AI overreaction and detection precision.

+ would you understand what Inkompetent said and how information sharing amongst IA in ArmA works, you'd get his message. There are ways to prevent IA far away sharing detection information with all their side around.

You prefer insulting and trying to drag down people pointing out their feelings and explaining thing, be my guest, have it your way

So they are working on it becaues it exists, but i am trolling because i made a post about it. You are a spamming troll looking for anywhere to post stupid comments to get your links in.. Nothing more, nothing less. you know its true.. I have intelligence, you have the need of greed... So end your fucking debacle of righteousness, you are a fucking spammer after all.. your mindless fucking dribble oozes out everywhere you show up. You can't win.. greed is your only desire.. but it will be why you fail

Edited by GA.Shrug

Words have meaning. Read them.

I never said you were trolling when you said AI has issues

As for your assumptions about me, just lol :D A dead addon team for OFP, a server rarely filled and a mission I can barely touch from time to time because of lack of free time and too much A2 playing. Yeah, sure, that's something to be proud of and spam absolutely everywhere!

"I have intelligence"... lol