Sign in to follow this  
spork

Cool Moments in Arma 2

just thought i would tell of a 'cool moment' that happened during domination in internode #2.

We had just captured a village near the harbor but the mission had not been completed. A group of people were searching the village for any remaining insurgents and blowing up any building that they deemed a possible enemy HQ; i could see puffs of smoke rise from various locations in the village from my heli. some one would say "here it is!" and blow up that particular tower. As i watched the towers fall and crumple in cloud of smoke and debris, the mission didn't end so they moved on to the next building. I was waiting in my heli at the designated LZ with a bunch of guys who were sitting down in a circle infront of the heli in the grass, waiting for the misson's end and for me to start up the chopper for the next objective. i took a screen shot but it turned out black :(

feel free to post any 'cool moments' you have had in arma :)

There was this one time where I downloaded ArmA2 on Steam. Then I went straight into the editor and double-click worked. It was cool... :j:

There was this one time where I downloaded ArmA2 on Steam. Then I went straight into the editor and double-click worked. It was cool... :j:

LOL! This is sad, but true. I still cannot get double click to work in the editor :mad:

Double click has always worked for me :D

I have had loads of amazing moments in arma 2. This one time, me and my friend jumped off a cliff on mountain bikes :p It was epic to say the least lol!

this game is stressful to own and play and it's making me old

Double click doesnt work?

I was out on this side road down below this village, the road cuts down south and to the east is a field where it then loops back across the southern edge heading east.

I was NAPA and had with me two RPG-7s, an automatic rifleman and a MG. I was a saboteur. We knew a fully loaded BTR on patrol was coming.

I placed a satchel on the southern side of the road neard the end of a fence. I put one of the RPG-7s to the north of that on the west side of the road back in a few trees. I put the automatic rifleman and the other RPG-7 down the road near the curve and back in the bushes. The MG I placed in the field, south in the bend of the road. I took up a position behind him on the little embankment that the road runs on.

All went prone, held fire. When the BTR passed the charge I blew it. It took the wheels out and luckily disabled its main gun. The crew and patrol ejected and I really dont think they knew what was up cause they took off running to the east across the field. I told my men to open fire and promptly dispatched of them as they crossed the field.

All in all it was a very successful ambush.

The cool moments in ArmA 2:

arriving in Manhattan mission to the last objective, "destroy the main enemy base"..........................and find that you do not have any artillery support.

Guys, how painful it was...but I got it the same!

I used the save/load feature about 10 times during the final assault ! :)

My wife looked at me and said: you are crazy ! It's two hours that you assault that fu@@ing base ! :yay:

Ok, so here's my cool moment in Arma 2.

Me and my buddy were 2-manning this town on the south western area in a domination game. We were doing our covert ops, silenced M4's, smoke grenades, a few satchels, the works. We were attempting to get the radio tower down without being fully spotted by the main force.

My buddy was in the trees scoping out the town. It was around 5:30 AM, so the sun was just barely up. Still pretty dark. I was crawling my way to the corner of this house very very slowly. All of a sudden I heard an engine off to my right. My friend says over vent, "I think a BMP is coming this way.". Then sure enough, a BMP comes rolling up RIGHT beside me. I just freeze and stare at the house that's maybe 20 meters away. I was so close. The BMP just sits there...staring off into the distance. The gunners were inside the vehicle, so they didn't see me. So I held shift and very very slowly made my way towards the BMP. Shuffled around a bit and lined myself up right at the front of the vehicile. Slowly crawled under the treads, gently placed a satchel charge, crawled out the back end of the BMP, shuffled down the hill towards the trees, flipped the switch, and kaboom. Dead BMP.

Was very tense and crazy lol.

Another one I have...

I first put down the ACM with out any of the prefrences set via script... its very sparse that way.

Anyways I set out on foot from the airport and all I saw was helicopters for a while... I made it a few towns away and I was crawling in bushes cause a flight of Hinds was buzzing around me.

This little Russian UAV just putters over my head.... Next thing I know there is a whole line of T-90s in teh clearing infront of me! :p

Needless to say I kept very well aware of the birds after that!

Its fun with the ACM so sparse like that... just wander off and see what trouble you run into. I saw random explosions over hills and trees, stuff like that.

Not so much a moment but a nice feel.

I was surrounded by 2 teams of flanking AI in the main "electrik" (name escapes me) industrial place/area. So I was using voice activation. Had one marksmen and heavy machine gunner in my team. Told one to goto second level above some second floor piping/ladder and the other towards its southern end doing the same. Set the them to danger and "scan horizon". Meanwhile I used my other 2 colored teams to cover both entrances to our current area.

Simply watched each man above us slowly spotting and taking out enemy bit by bit, while other split teams covered each side entrance also spotting and taking out contacts. Alot of bullets over head and impacts on metal above as enemy fired back at my 2 team members above firing down. Looked up and back to see them scanning individuality, going prone, taking fire, kneeling, returning fire. Meanwhile I used one other medic member to cover me and we scoped out targets that were returning fire to my men above and not being able to locate us.

Not so long after it was clear ... time to regroup (of which all got into position pretty fast even the two above needed to climb ladders back down and exit through a narrow exit point etc). After arma1 path finding in built up areas it was such a refreshing change.

Edited by mrcash2009

To me, the best moment of this game was buying it and realising what it was... I was going to wait a while until I posted this but I may as well do it here and now. BIS or whatever you call yourselves, you are my heroes!

I have never played OFP or Arma 1. I knew very little about them other than they are big FPS with online play. I never owned them because for the past 10 years I've been preoccupied playing other games, and I have never had a good PC or internet connection. Now though, I do. So I saw a trailer of this game and decided to just buy it. I didn't really know what to expect.

I have just been playing around in the armoury and the campaign so far, but there have been a few great moments. The first was when I first installed the game. I went to the armoury and played with the rocket launcher. A mission came in where I had to evade being killed for 3 minutes. I hid on a hill behind some rocks and kept down, it was tense. Then my worst fear came true! (:p) Some kind of truck with massive gun on the top came driving over towards me. It stopped close to me and turned side on. I figured if I waited it would just shoot me, so I quickly jumped up fired my rocket launcher. The truck burst in to flames with a huge explosion! It looked amazing.

The second cool moment was when I was playing through the campaign and I reached the mission I am now eternally stuck on. (I'll get past it later... grr). Anyway, it dawned on me that you can get in the chopper and tell him exactly where you want to go. It was like my own personal chopper. The game area is HUGE, like an entire country. So I had the chopper fly me quite far north in search of someone. I had him touch down in a flat field and then I ran with my squad through the trees. As we approached an enemy camp, another thing dawned on me... you can switch to other team members and use their weapons! So I switched to the sniper and picked people off from afar, and then switched back to the leader to gun down the rest of them. Then I ran back through the forest to the big field where I had the chopper wait for me. It was at this point that I realised, this is pretty much the game of my dreams, something I always new would be made some day but I've waited decades to play it.

As a kid I used to play a game over and over, called "Midwinter" for MS DOS. Arma 2 is basically a modern version of that game and to me it is gaming heaven. I absolutely LOVE this kind of game. I also am mainly interested in the squad based action, the fact that you can actually fly choppers and planes and drive tanks... is just icing on the cake. But that's a hell of a lot of icing! It's a MAJOR bonus. All in all, I am amazed by this game. It's incredible. I just hope they can get a patch out soon to improve some of the issues which are currently tarnishing the otherwise epic experience.

It's nice to see someone new to the series, and be excited with it, like I was 8 years ago with OFP. I'm afraid you'll be addictive forever voodoochile123. In case you didn't notice, as you have played Midwinter, maybe you remember a game called Carrier Command. BIS is planning to remake it. http://www.carriercommand.com/

And, I almost forgot, welcome to the scene. :)

Oooh! Midwinter! That was an awesome game! I played that sooo much.

I played carrier command as well, and am looking forward to the remake!

It's nice to see someone new to the series, and be excited with it, like I was 8 years ago with OFP. I'm afraid you'll be addictive forever voodoochile123. In case you didn't notice, as you have played Midwinter, maybe you remember a game called Carrier Command. BIS is planning to remake it. http://www.carriercommand.com/

And, I almost forgot, welcome to the scene. :)

I loved Carrier Command! Thanks for the news that BIS is remaking it and the link!!

Have to say I wish I never played Ghost Recon or any game trying to be open ended, and then walk right into Arma2 without any knowledge. I had that feeling with Ghost Recon, nothing else realy, then Arma1 hit me, and now 2.

But to walk into arma2 and slowly discover what its all about, plus with the graphics etc I can only imagine the buzz.

Was thundering toward a town we were to neutralise in an MP mission in an osprey, thought the pilot was flying way way too close to town (I suspected they had a shilka) so I bailed above a forest. Literally 2secs later after I'd pulled my chute, the plane exploded right in front of me, so I landed in the forest and headed town-ward.

Just an amazing feel to the game. (the pilot was being daft though)