Sign in to follow this  
BigSlongsDaddy

Nvidia SLI profile patch for arma2

yep thats right there is a new sli patch out for arma 2 you can find it here..

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nvidia_sli_profile_patch_uk.html

EDIT: just had a go of arma2 and it seems like every one is in fast forward now, ha ha ha just not used to there being no lag , o and im using the 182.50 drivers with the SLI profile patch.

Edited by BigSlongsDaddy

EDIT: just had a go of arma2 and it seems like every one is in fast forward now, ha ha ha just not used to there being no lag , o and im using the 182.50 drivers with the SLI profile patch.

Thanks for the heads up! Will try it when i get home...

Thank you for the info BigSlongsDaddy!

Works fine, just for the sake of it I did compare the above with using the rename to crysis trick. Here in the arma folder I do keep now to arma2.exe ( one renamed to crysis.exe ), using the two for a direct comparision, without the need to rename again and again while comparing. Using two 260GTX in SLI with the driver version 186.18 nearly all settings maxed out, just keeping the view distance to 3860m , shodows and postprocess ``only`` on high, resolution 1920*1200, the optimisation on 125%, in my opinion the high gras in the swamp for example, looks more real with arma.exe renamed to crysis.exe, using the standard crysis SLI profile. If you want to check your grafic setting on a server feel free to use the 16AAB public server, while running the superpowers on it everything is maxed out ( to enable very high for landscape details view distance is set to 3860m again , terrain grid ( server setting ) is 10 (the maximum).

Arma2 is played here with Track IR

AMD PhenomII 940BE @ 3.0Ghz

4GB DDR2-1066

2 260GTX in SLI

Onboard Sound Realtek High Definition Audio

Asrock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

Windows 7 RC1 64-bit

ArmA2 (1.02), BIOS, drivers and OS are up to date

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

I have read elsewhere that you should do that yes, and also that the only way to do that is to uninstall/reinstall the drivers.

Load balancing is very good with this official SLI profile, huge frame rate jump also.

If your using the EVGA patch, don't bother with the nvidia one. As mentioned by some one already, it is identical to the EVGA one. Checked through nHancer, same sli settings except they added "Hybrid SLI"- which does bugger all... I am a quite happy with GPU performance in arma2, much better than arma1 and I doubt it will get much better. CPU usage is where my beef is at...

9800GTX *2 SLI

Q2C93000 @ 2.5ghz

4gb ram

Vista-U-64

The Evga patch didn't work for me, don't know why, but this one did.

Load balancing is very good with this official SLI profile, huge frame rate jump also.

Load balancing was much better for me too compared to evga's. However frame rate is still the same.

Have you made any custom changes to the "Program settings"?

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Also when incapacitated (injured), i get strange shattered glass effect with the Nvidia fix...

Edited by Baxalasse

Load balancing was much better for me too compared to evga's. However frame rate is still the same.

Have you made any custom changes to the "Program settings"?

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Also when incapacitated (injured), i get strange shattered glass effect with the Nvidia fix...

No, I never used Evga's. I was comparing to my own custom profile, which I used 4-way AFR, but the load balancing was piss poor.

Reading this thread caused me some problems. I applied this patch and started the game, and usually I get about 100+ FPS in the menu with the water and now I noticed that my FPS were over 200! I got too excited and played a bit but the FPS in the game were only a few FPS better than before :-( Anyway, then I figure I should uninstall my existing drivers to get rid of the EVGA patch and so I uninstall 186.18. After rebooting, Win 7 blue screens when entering windows cuz the nvidia driver must not have uninstalled properly. I use system restore to go back yesterday and I fire up arma and I'm getting 70FPS in the game in some spots now!! I've never been able to get up this high. Frames are super smooth now. I'm afraid to reboot after this. Somethings not right. Even the textures are a lot clearer now and I'm not just imagining it either. Of course things cant be perfect as now I have intermittent texture problems best described as black lines appearing where the texture seams might be on the ground between textures. I'm lost. All I know is that if you dont have the right profile, the game will suffer in terms of FPS. I'm trying to keep all this straight by backing up my nHancer profiles but this could all change as soon as I reboot.

Edited by nuggetz

I'm never been able to understand much about drivers for hardware. Would this patch be of any use to my aged graphic card: GeForce 7900 GS?

I'm never been able to understand much about drivers for hardware. Would this patch be of any use to my aged graphic card: GeForce 7900 GS?

It's not a driver update, more of a gaming profile update as i understand it. In other words, it updates a xml-file so that Arma 2 is selectable from NVIDIA control center. Under 3d settings you can then change/force some graphic settings when the game starts, if it has any effect for you I can not say sorry.

I was able to select and optimize ArmA2 in NVIDIA control center even before I Installed the v186.18 driver, wich (I shamefully admit) I only did yesterday

:o

Still I fail to see what's new.

Question: Do users with single gfx cards also benefit from the SLI patch or is this only relevant for users who have more than 1 gfx card installed ?

Question: Do users with single gfx cards also benefit from the SLI patch or is this only relevant for users who have more than 1 gfx card installed ?

This is just for SLI (x2) card users.

Only if you have a dual-GPU card like the 7950GX2, 9800GX2, GTX 295.

I can confirm this SLi profile update works.

For those who are interested - herewith my initial success with reinstalling windows and using a custom nHancer profile:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78725

I renamed the demo .exe to arma2.exe.

I closed nHancer completely.

I ran the game.

In game menus have shot up to around 200fps.

The first mission - trial by fire - my average FPS are anywhere from 90 to 130 :eek:

Settings are all on normal, except for post processing on high, 1680 x 1080, aliasing disabled and view distance 2890m.

We're finally getting somewhere SLI owners !

Edited by thewusman
missing link added

My game has been pretty smooth since I installed it yesterday. But after I upgraded the driver for my GTX 295 from 185.85 to 186.18 + SLI patch today, I 've been constantly annoyed by the BSOD which happens randomly when I am playing training missions. Have you guys using GTX 295 encountered this problem?

...like my dual 9800M GTs?

Thanks,

Dan

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

And if I do, what settings might be best for a laptop?