Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

New un resolution

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ Mar. 13 2002,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sharon is just stupid.

He blows up Palestinian police stations then he complains Arafat isn't doing enough to curb militants.

He advocates "targeted assassinations" often killing innocent bystanders in the process, but becomes enraged when the Palestinians use the same tactic.

Isreali troops shoot children dead in cold blood and Sharon wonders why the Palestinians hate Isreal.

Last week he used a tank to blow up a Palestinian car - killing a mother and two children - and he dares to call anyone who criticises his mindless terror anti semitic.

Sharons racism and collective punishment of an entire race of people is disturbing close to another tyrant who dragged Europe into war in the 30s...<span id='postcolor'>

both sides are doing stupid things,don't act like it's just israel.

Did I say anything about Isreal being stupid?

No.

I lay the blame squarely at Sharons feet - read my post next time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ACEJim @ Mar. 13 2002,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sharon is just stupid.

He blows up Palestinian police stations then he complains Arafat isn't doing enough to curb militants.

He advocates "targeted assassinations" often killing innocent bystanders in the process, but becomes enraged when the Palestinians use the same tactic.

Isreali troops shoot children dead in cold blood and Sharon wonders why the Palestinians hate Isreal.

Last week he used a tank to blow up a Palestinian car - killing a mother and two children - and he dares to call anyone who criticises his mindless terror anti semitic.

Sharons racism and collective punishment of an entire race of people is disturbing close to another tyrant who dragged Europe into war in the 30s...<span id='postcolor'>

I agree. It's a major problem how a lot of critiscism of Israel automatically gets the "antisemitic" stamp. It devaluates the credibility of Israeli officials.

An international peaceforce is the way to go. And less possessiveness on behalf of all humans smile.gif

We don't own earth, we are only the care-takers.

hippie hour over tounge.gif

I think I remember reading somewhere that Sharon is wanted in Holland and Belgium for war crimes. Apparantly his men got a bit trigger happy and executed a few hundred Arab's when he was an Officer during the war. Some Red Cross workers saw what was happening and lodged a report.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank god Shimon Peres has some influence. He's one of the few people in the Government who has positive views for peace, and whose not dripping with innocent blood.

Sharon is not a nice man at all. A war criminal, a racist and a state terrorist. For those that want to know more about exactly what he has been responsible for, google for Beirut, Sharon, 1982 and you shall find what you seek. He was responsible for a lesser number of deaths as an army officer in 1956.

I find it utterly disturbing that he:

A) is not in a prison

B) was voted into power, despite having been forced to resign in 82/83 for his part in the genocide mentioned above.

I also don't know which is worse, the raw fury and anger of the suicide bombers maiming and killing indescriminately, or the internationally accepted and supported state terrorism that has taken place over the last 50 years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 14 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I remember reading somewhere that Sharon is wanted in Holland and Belgium for war crimes. Apparantly his men got a bit trigger happy and executed a few hundred Arab's when he was an Officer during the war. Some Red Cross workers saw what was happening and lodged a report.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank god Shimon Peres has some influence. He's one of the few people in the Government who has positive views for peace, and whose not dripping with innocent blood.<span id='postcolor'>

"A FEW HUNDRED ARAB'S"confused.gif??

It's called a bloody massacre - and rightfully so.

It's a bloody shame that Israel has a PM like that. I know Austria had Waldtheim, but Israel and Sharon is no better!

I agree with you about Shimon Perez, He's a sensible man!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 14 2002,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree with you about Shimon Perez, He's a sensible man!<span id='postcolor'>

Yup, it is genuinely warming to see a middle eastern politician being calm, collected and rational... which Perez certainly is.

on the other hand Ehud Barak was a cross-dresser

tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

if you know anything about him, he dressed up as a woman, with grenades in bra, to kill terrorists as a part of retaliation.

anyway,

as i see it, current situations where both sides are engaing in shootings based on suspicion only shows that inside ppls mind, this is a war situation.

Picture this....

WAVY LINES

In 1982, a certain Major Tony Blair in the British Army was responsible for the execution and torture of dozens of Argentinians. Accused of war crimes by several countries, but denying the allegations, he pursued a political career ending with the position of Prime Minister......

WAVY LINES

There is no way in hell that could happen here. If ANYONE in our Government had commited something like that, he/she would never be allowed to continue in a political role, and would be brought up on war crime charges. I mean people were sacked/resigned for making nasty remarks about 11/9. I know the yanks let a degenerate drunk into office, and we had a power crazed old slag once, but they are reasonably clean cut. (Oh okay, except Bush Jr).

Look whose up for war crimes now for his policies of ethnic cleansing among other things. I would class seizing land illegally and forcing the occupants out to make room for your settlers in the same league as Slobodan. I know this has been going on for a while, but why isn't he (Sharon) doing anything about it? More worrying still is why the international community is standing by and watching.

Drag that bloated carcass up in front of a war crimes tribunal before he gets all the bloody witnesses and get Shimon Perez in too hold together a shaky government, and try and bring stability to the region.....

God knows both sides deserve it.

Rant mode off

And look what I found!

http://www.indictsharon.net

I'm glad someones trying to raise awareness..

Very well said.

I think that your example puts the whole thing into perspective. Israelis don't like to talk about it because it gives ammunition to the other side (7.62x51mm smile.gif ).

I hope that the disappation of the USs support of Israel will result in the world seeing that there are two, extremely ugly sides to the whole story.

"WAVY LINES

In 1982, a certain Major Tony Blair in the British Army was responsible for the execution and torture of dozens of Argentinians. Accused of war crimes by several countries, but denying the allegations, he pursued a political career ending with the position of Prime Minister......

WAVY LINES"

Cool, Tony Blair has a set of Balls after all.

Sharon is a great leader all he is doing is showing the Palestinians' if you fuck with my people i'm gonna make you suffer.  Isint that the reason we elect people, to look after us and are intrests.

Anyway this topic has the sickly sweet stench of King Kong and his fascist leftwing views.  wink.gif

"Sharon is a great leader all he is doing is showing the Palestinians' if you fuck with my people i'm gonna make you suffer. Isint that the reason we elect people, to look after us and are intrests."

Pretty much like Slobodan showed the Albanians and Hitler showed the Jews?

im sure the same rational was used when the nazis sent tanks in to the warsaw ghetto...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miss_Cleo @ Mar. 14 2002,09:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im sure the same rational was used when the nazis sent tanks in to the warsaw ghetto...<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, Polish Jews were blowing themselves up by the 100s in busy market places in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. Don't you know that's what caused WWII? If you didn't, it must be because the Jewish controled press kept it a secret from the rest of the world.

woah!! dont think for a moment that i buy into any of that Jewish media conspiracy bullshit. being critical of israel does not make me anti-semetic.

i dont agree with the some of the tactics of the palestinians, but i wont wholly condemn the actions of people defending there homeland against invasion.

"Yes, Polish Jews were blowing themselves up by the 100s in busy market places in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. Don't you know that's what caused WWII? If you didn't, it must be because the Jewish controled press kept it a secret from the rest of the world."

So, I take it you think it is allright for the Israelis to act the way they are acting right now and its wrong for Palestinians to strike back?

how is palestinian suicide bombers targeting civilians equate to "getting back" for what the isreal gov/military does?

its like if you called me an idiot and then I went to your house and punched your mother.. doesent make much sense does it..

at least isreal makes some sort of.. though sometimes vague attempt at getting the people who attacked them.. while the palestinians just look for the biggest juicyest crowd of people.. doesent matter if they are all women and children.. heck.. the more the marrier..

THAT is the differece.. you say palestine is "fighting back"..

you think a bunch of people at a market place buying some food, or going to a movie are the people who are "attacking" palestine?.. do they deserve to be TARGETED.. not killed because they were in the area, not the wrong place at the wrong time... not as collateral damage.. but innocent people as the absolute prime target.. and the more people you can kill and mame the better.. woohoo!

by that logic, wobble israeli armoured attacks against residential areas arent justified either..

yes but you dont see the tanks just targeting the biggest group of innocent people they can find do you? you dont see them just roll into a town and start murdering as many people as possable..

i seem to remember some rather indiscriminate arty or helicopter attacks in years past.. not to mention the old shoot the kid throwing rocks bit.

i disagree w/ the bombings. but how many people killed in this recent military action were bombers and how many were just resisting an invasion of there home?

i think israel could eliminate a big chunk of thier problem by simply giving back the "occupied territories" the argument that the ocupied territories serve as a buffer against invasion of israel doesent hold when you take into account that theyve been displacing palestinians and sending settlers into there for almost 30 years

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miss_Cleo @ Mar. 14 2002,09:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont agree with the some of the tactics of the palestinians, but i wont wholly condemn the actions of people defending there homeland against invasion.<span id='postcolor'>

I wish you and your cohorts would have said that a year and a half ago, when Arafat started this whole war. We weren't in Ramalah, Bethlehem, Gaza City, Tulkarm, Kalilia or Rafiah.

According to you, we should have done this in the first two years of the Oslo Accords, during Rabin's and Peres' terms, as that's when the suicide bombings hit the record books here.

Instead, we gave them 10's of thousands of automatic weapons, security collapsed, they smuggled in tons more, built their own mortars and rockets and they've never ceased to declare their goal of the total annihilation of Israel.

And you pity them?