Sign in to follow this  
MQ-9 Reaper

Alternate crouch & prone position (only!) for danger/stealth

When the squad is set to danger or stealth mode, I wish they would stop standing up and run ahead of me(or stand up & run towards me) !

It irks me because they don't follow my stance, they run short distances, and get everyone killed.

If it's anything like A1 you should be able to set their precise stance with the combat mode command, or tell them to "stay low" for that matter.

Yeah but "precise stand" means they will either crouch - and sprint - or be prone and only crawl.

If they would stick to only crouch and prone they could still sprint, but without the risk of standing around like Dufuses.

I agree with Reaper that right now, the AI is a bit too "independent-minded". While generally they are good in A2 without micromanagement, they need to follow leader stance, and if not moving in Danger or Stealth, there is NEVER a reason why I want them see standing.

If it's anything like A1 you should be able to set their precise stance with the combat mode command, or tell them to "stay low" for that matter.

Yes, but I would like to reduce AI micro-management to be honest and improve the survivability of my squad mates.

While in danger or stealth mode, and without a precise stance command, the AI will stand up, run pointlessly and get killed even before they fire a shot.

If I set them to stay prone, it will better but maneuvers will be very slow.

If I set them to stay crouch, it will speed up the maneuver but some AIs will still stand up and run for 5 meters :( and when the battle starts I will have to set them to "stay prone" rapidly.

they need to follow leader stance

Definitely, It would facilitate our job as squad leaders.

Funnily enough, the "stay crouched" command seems to give a bit better results when the AI is set to "aware".

Edited by MQ-9 Reaper
correction added

I see. Yeah, it could definitely use some work. I remember the AI being pretty smart when it comes to keeping low most of the time as long as they were set to "aware", but then again, that might have been partly thanks to ACE (and even then it wasn't exactly perfect).

Actually in the IDF we're trained to always be once stance lower than the commander when not moving. If he stands everyone crouches, if he crouches everyone go prone. That is, unless orders/circumstances dictate otherwise.

Actually in the IDF we're trained to always be once stance lower than the commander when not moving. If he stands everyone crouches, if he crouches everyone go prone. That is, unless orders/circumstances dictate otherwise.

Interesting, thanks for your input. I think I have seen this pattern in the game.

I will check tomorrow.

Hm, doesn't sound very good. It would show the enemy forces that he is the leader and they would target him instead.

If they see the crouched guys then you've already been doing something wrong. Obviously, generally nobody will be standing OR crouching if you're being fired at.

Besides, there are a lot better ways to see who's the leader of the squad. If I want to snipe your squad leader (IRL, when he's actually leading the squad rather than not doing much more than talking a bit on teamspeak), it won't be a hard task. You can't effectively lead a squad while making the fact you're leading it not visible unless everyone is pretty much acting on their own in which case you're not really leading it. If they actually saw your squad and wanted to target your leader, they didn't have to wait for everyone to crouch.

Unfortunately in-game they're pretty bad at following your stance.