Sign in to follow this  
Mikobiko

-cfg problem

I am currently trying to use arma2.cfg to specify some bandwidth stuff, however when I use it the server will not boot.

Current commandline:

"C:\UserFiles\Miko\GameServers\TC77065723411352472731874\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2350 -name=default -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma2.cfg -profiles=default

any idea?

Inside both server.cfg and arma2.cfg are the info from: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/

I think with that you may need a folder in there called default.. And through the cfg into that folder then.

-config=default\Server.cfg

ex of mine..

-port=2302 -name=Server -profiles=server -config=server\Server.cfg -cfg=server\Arma2.cfg C:\myaddy\ -maxplayers=16

Nah, its because his config files are missing a part it threw up about and since i was running as a service i wasnt seeing the error.

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

has to be in arma2.cfg, as well it seems to hate the /* comments in server.cfg and vomits.

Please read my pm Mikobiko.

but I'll reiterate what I said for everyone else who is having problems:

Ok I've removed the line

comments are written with // /**/

from my examples; I assumed people would remove that line anyway!.

The lines:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

These autogenerated by ArmA2 and appended to the arma2.cfg on first launch and have no bearing on the multiplayer server so that's why they are omitted from my example - I explain that in the guide.

Hope that helps you all.

Edited by [KH]Jman