Sign in to follow this  
derringer

Radio Message Help

I just KNOW this is most likely a really easy thing to implement, but I cannot find any help on this.

I would like to have the blue HQ Radio Chat message pop-up with a custom message when a trigger goes off.

For example:

Between 10-20mins a group of OpFor spawns and attacks a BluFor base. When this trigger happens, I would like the Blue HQ text to read something similar to, "Base under attack, return to assist.".

I apologize if this is really easy, but I can't find a thing about it other than globalRadio.

But the example I see is _soldierOne globalRadio "messageOne". I'm not sure how to implement that, it mentions the description.ext, but how do I call or implement it?

Gah I am horrible at scripting :/

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Just for clarification, I have the group spawning and attacking with no problems, I just need the radio message text to appear.

Use this in the OnAct of the trigger:

PAPABEAR=[West,"HQ"]; PAPABEAR SideChat "Base under attack, return to assist!";

It'll appear to come from "CROSSROAD".

Kylania, you rule. Thank you so much.

I knew it would be easy :P

Thought I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one with a very similar question.

===========================================================

OK. I have a radio trigger synced to a squad waypoint, and would like a bit of dialogue between the player and the squad when the trigger is activated.

I tried to call the following from a .sqf, but got nothing:

Vleck sideRadio "We heard the explosions. Already on the way. See you at the RV.";

Vleck being the name of the team leader of the squad. The script is being called, as I use Hint "xxx"; to check. What am I doing wrong, or am I going about completely the wrong way?

You have to use sideChat instead of sideRadio. ;)

Vleck [b][color="Red"]sideChat[/color][/b] "We heard the explosions. Already on the way. See you at the RV.";

You have to use sideChat instead of sideRadio. ;)
Vleck [b][color="Red"]sideChat[/color][/b] "We heard the explosions. Already on the way. See you at the RV.";

I know sideChat works but does sideRadio work in Arma2? The reason is I'd like to be able to get that radio beep noise when a message is displayed and so far I haven't been able to make sideRadio work.

I think you'll need a sound file with the actual message. Maybe you should check the Biki.

Is there a way to get only the team that set off the trigger to get a radio message? If one team calls in a chopper with 0-0-1, can I make the chopper answer only that team on the radio instead of the entire side?

Also, is there a way to change the boring e.g. 1-1-B 1: names to something self defined?

Is there a way to get only the team that set off the trigger to get a radio message? If one team calls in a chopper with 0-0-1, can I make the chopper answer only that team on the radio instead of the entire side?

Also, is there a way to change the boring e.g. 1-1-B 1: names to something self defined?

Add this to the units INIT line (group leader)

this setGroupID ["GROUP NAME HERE"];

You used to be able to set the colors, but that doesn't work any more :(.

Sweet, thanks!

I really don't care about the colours, I just want players in group x read a message, while group y on the same side can't.

Hmm ok so it doesn't seem possible. The goal here is that I have 3 teams and 2 choppers. Either of the team can call in a chopper but I don't want to confuse the others, so can I make the chopper say "Copy that, (%name of the group that triggered it)"? This is also important when I want to make sure that everyone in that group has loaded in before it takes off.

Use the effects within the trigger, there is a radio sound in there I am sure.

Does anyone know which effect I use in the trigger for the Radio Message beeps that can be played when the trigger/sidechat goes off?

I can't seem to get any of the ones called "radio (whatever)" under the effects part of the trigger. I can get some other noises to work but not the radio beeps.

I don't have to actually define it if the show up in the trigger effects section, do I?

Does not work with Independent? Guess they dont have a Papabear:yay: