Sign in to follow this  
eyetumor

Disabling Your Squad From Dying

My razor squad ai is horrible. I can go through an entire mission without even getting hit once, but my crappy ai squad gets shot all the time. I litteraly have to order them to stay back and stop most of the times so I can complete the mission and not have to load an earlier save due to them dying so frequently.

Is there a way that I can disable them from dying all the time. Do a god mod or something on them? You know, have them participate, but not get killed.

Is there an option in game maybe?

you could use them more effectively. Have them hang back behind cover. In ArmA I would put them behind walls that were half their height, have them kneel and when I needed something shot, tell them to stand up. You just have to give them better commands or make them hang back.

you could use them more effectively. Have them hang back behind cover. In ArmA I would put them behind walls that were half their height, have them kneel and when I needed something shot, tell them to stand up. You just have to give them better commands or make them hang back.

Better commands? Have them hang back? Things like hiding behind a wall and standing up to shoot should be pretty automatic.

yes they should. I haven't done many missions yet but I don't think they are that stupid. Don't forget that at least they have x-ray eyes and see the enemy mush sooner then you ever could ;-)

thanks for the feedback guys...I guess I have to continue to hold them back. It's not really how I would have liked to have played the campaing, but ohh well...you cant have it all I guess.

sure there's no way to disable them from dying?

There are ways to do it.

one way is to extract the missions from the missions.pbo put them in the editor, then go to each unit in razor team and add (unitname allowdamage false) to the end of their init line.

Example for sykes it would be: BIS_sykes allowdamage false

for yourself it would be: player allowdamage false

Then just play the mission from the editor.

You don't have to hold them back. I just tend to use them for overwatch stuff. I move first and then I use them to watch different directions. I use them in a defensive manor and make sure they are watching the correct directions myself. I don't ever tell them to run off and attack something. They are either with me, providing overwatch for me, or defending something.

They kill enemy, enemy kills them. They've saved my butt many times, and I've done the same for them. Keep low (which everyone in a combat scenario should be at least attempting), and Danger settings keep them alive pretty well for me. They do die, and so do I.. To be expected I guess.