Sign in to follow this  
Payne86

Rain effetts

this has already been talked about

*edit*

i seen you seen the other post

What sort of effects? Visual, sound, so the rain makes the grass slippery biggrin.gif

THe only "Good" effect is the thunder. If we could atleast hear the rain (And see it) hittin the roof and winshild of the vechicle that would be nice.

Isn't there a limitation with the sound engine or something? Thats why when you use the horn in a vehicle, the engine sound dies down a bit.

I would like some slippery grass, or roads. Make driving more difficult as well as taking off and landing for planes smile.gif

I and several others think the rain/storm weather that was experienced in wargasm was some of the best on offer in a game akin to flashpoint. A particularly nice touch was the spreading of water across a windscreen when moving and the thunder rumbled on instead of abruptly ending. I appreciate such things are really finishing touches but they do add to that being there feeling. wink.gif

maybe if you could the rain see splitting on the road and a better sound. Maybe you can hear better boots effects?? tounge.gif

Ya the thunder is good, but rain could be better. U cank use the honk? How?

To honk you horn you click the left mouse button I think.

I think the rain is fine at the moment but it would be kind of cool if it did change the road condition and maybe leave puddles.

Ya think they will ever make em better?

Yeah, I hope in resitance or somthing, we get puddels of water, water sprinkeling off roofs and guns, maybe some old fashion gun crapping outt@ge due to the rain.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Payne86 @ Mar. 17 2002,17:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">THe only "Good" effect is the thunder. If we could atleast hear the rain (And see it) hittin the roof and winshild of the vechicle that would be nice.<span id='postcolor'>

The sound of the thunder sucks donkey d tounge.gif k.

You hear that the sound is cut off at the end. It ends abruptly.

let's not ask too much at this moment....implementing features take time...

and also, good to see you back Hamster....!!

time for somw hamster.....mmmmmmmmmm........(where's my G36?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 05 2002,10:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">let's not ask too much at this moment....implementing features take time...

and also, good to see you back Hamster....!!

time for somw hamster.....mmmmmmmmmm........(where's my G36?)<span id='postcolor'>

That post from hamster was March 18th. It's now 5th of April you fool tounge.gif You get it. Hehehehe April Fool

Hmmm the best thunder l have heard is in Shogun:Total War.

All environmental effects are top. Thunders were like the real think. It was a feast to both eyes and ears.

I would like the rain to be more cool and having effect on cars like the guy said...that would be amazing, or even ripples in water. Slippery roads and rain falling on glass. I would like that in Resistance. Imagine flying a plane with that biggrin.gif

do you thin BIS would ever make better effects?

Probly out of this world. Its gonna be a combat simulator, so it has to be a real as it gets. Maybe they could make us hapy with better effets in the next patch.

BI should take lessons from microsoft, microsoft flight sim has excilent rain effects.

Old topic but still a sore point. Yes we need better sound and graphics for weather effects.

IL2, Comanche Hokum and Flight Unlimited III are my faves. We'll never get graphics like that here but mayby one day. The sound though should surely be easy to fix.

Yeah, it cant be that hard to make them better. That one guy made a snow storm, Which was good if ya ask me. BUt still the effects just planily....suck.

I think the best rain effects I've seen in a game would have to be in Commandos 2, Flashpoint needs to immitate that, in Sound effects and in Graphics and with rippling water effects.