Sign in to follow this  
Yorke

Combat Module in demo - how to increase intensity?

Ambient combat in demo worked for me, but just once, after 15 mins of play, and it spawned small patrol of insurgents. I wondered around for 15 more minutes, and nothing else spawned. Now I found codes for increasing the intensity...

//The intensity value should be a Number between 0.0 and 1.0.

[<intensity | Number>, <ACM reference | Object>] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

but the problem is these are external, and since arma2 demo cannot save missions, there is no folder you can put them in!

So is there a way to increase intesity of combat module in in-game editor?

Hi,

I dont know specifically about the combat module but what you call the external code can be run in the editor using a trigger. Just give it a delay of a few seconds to be sure that the acm module was initialised. A trigger with a true condition will always execute.

Hope it helps

Cheers

this is the whole code:

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable “initDoneâ€}};

waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable “initDoneâ€};

//Sets frequency and number of patrols (0-1). BIS_ACM is module name

[1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

//min max spawn distance

[bIS_ACM, 100, 500] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

//factions to be spawned

[["USMC", "INS", "CDF", "RU", "GER"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

//Skill range for spawned units

[0, 0.6, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

//Amount of ammo spawned units possess

[0.2, 0.5, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

//Type of patrol. With 0 meaning no chance of appearing, and 1 meaning 100% chance. -1 removes patrol type completely.

["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

["air_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

so I copy all in editor trigger and name the module BIS_ACM, but when I paste the code and click ok, it shows me an emplty error message??? I dont think codes are the same...

Hello,

What I've done, and it seems to work, is place the ACM module on the map, give it the name 'BIS_ACM', and sync it up to the player.

Then place a small trigger and ensure that you start the game within the circle. Within the trigger, make it activate when 'West' is present (provided you are playing as USMC). In the countdown fields, make them all 10 seconds (to give time for the ACM module to initialise) and in the 'On Activation' field put the following line:

[1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

This should give you maximum intensity with the ACM module. Be aware though that based on my limited experience with it, it will only spawn infantry groups in the demo as the demo does not seem to include any vehicle or air groups by default, unlike the full game I persume.

Hope that helps! Sorry if it sounds complicated, but it is actually straight forward when you do it step by step.

James

Thanks ^

Helped me get it working, good fun and nice addition. :cool:

hi everyone, after some time searching the forum, i have been unable to find how to activate the ACM module via a trigger when the player step in? Maybe ive missed something, can someone help me plz?