Sign in to follow this  
TAW_RiEvEr

Is the real Editor not available in the game yet?

I read the manual and it says that the Editor should be on the Play menu in game, but it is not there.

I have found the Scenarios/My Missions area, and the Wizards for co-op missions, but I wanted to use the full editor so I can make bespoke missions for our squad(s) in TAW.

In the manual it says the full editor can load/save/export your missions for co-op, which is what I want to do with them obviously. :D

Am I missing it somewhere, or did it get left out of the game for some reason? (I have the 505 English version patched to 1.2.[big number] if that makes a difference.) :confused:

Edited by TAW_RiEvEr
typos as usual

It's definately there, in fact I haven't really left it much in the past few days... :j:

Hmm.. I'm not finding it the way the manual says. I load up the game I get options for Single Player, Multiplayer, Options, Armoury, etc. , but nothing mentions the Editor.

Page 0.13 of the manual says:

"When you select the Editor from the Play menu, you will first be asked for the island ..."

Page 0.19:

"Mission Management

Merging...

Saving...

... Do this by pressing Save. There are several exporting options: ..."

I am not getting a SAVE option, or an EXPORTING option, just "Preview" in the scenario missions editor, or the MP Wizard.

There is no save button anywhere :) hence my confusion.

Does anyone know why I can't find this editor that has a 'Save' option that exports missions?

Go to single player. The editor is right there.

Wait you found the editor but cannot save your mission? It's right over the preview...

I am confused!

Editor is under Single Player.

Or, if you go into MP and host a new game, editor can be accessed as well (in missions list you will see <<New - Editor>> or sth like that in blue, also if you see missions in blue you can select those and click edit).

Ah - found it! I was looking for the Editor on the Main Menu (the one the game starts in) and the one I was using was the one in the Scenarios/My Mission - I somehow completely missed the button on the bottom of the single player section - sheesh :)

Thank you for pointing out where it should be found *grins*

I blame Chernobyl, obviously the radiation blew over here and fried my brain for years...