Sign in to follow this  

what the code for these or if somebody could do a missions that be great thanks,so i can merge it into a missions thanks for your help

Chinook CRRC Insertion

Chinook CRRC Extraction

Its on another thread in the editing forums : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81489 Edited by konyo

Has anyone made an All Black Chinook to go with the BlackOps Mod?

If not then what do I need to make one?

Thanks

Konyo already saw these but figured it's related and I'd post these on here. The reasons I love this addon...

Nice work with that.. its the first thing i tried when i got the chook haha was pretty gutted when it didnt work. good to see someones on the job tho keep it up

No I just made and included the extraction one. Even that is basic scripting. I shouldn't have to explain the insertion... you just start out with the boat attached to the chopper and then when you want to, detach it. Plus it doesnt work as smoothly because of the collision models making you bounce around more often not.

Im just going to try that now from your new post :D

@ vengeance1

Has anyone made an All Black Chinook to go with the BlackOps Mod?

If not then what do I need to make one?

Thanks

You would have to get permission from smiley to change the colour, and also you would have to get some editing tools, no clue what ones lol

y not spend the time instead fixing your dodgy config so ppl can use it without error messages.

y not spend the time instead fixing your dodgy config so ppl can use it without error messages.

Im pretty sure its not the config that’s displaying all the texture errors. Other wise i would work on it. Im most certain its the modelling programs that needs to be updated. I don’t have the modelling programs to fix this so i cant have a crack at it.

Edited by konyo

Ok mate, looks like it will never be fixed then going on SN's past form with the CH47 & unresolved bugs. btw. I havent had any tex errors with arma2 ch47 just scope uh60, the texs errors were with arma 1 version.

I think there should be some sort of QC with "Addons & Mods Complete" so ppl cant release stuff that isnt up to a reasonable standard.

Its down to smiley to fix it though. Ill speak to him later again about it. There are texture problems, many have been listed :confused:

@ vengeance1

You would have to get permission from smiley to change the colour, and also you would have to get some editing tools, no clue what ones lol

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I don't have them talent so ......

Finally took a look at this bird and found some errors. Some have been already mentioned. Both rotors spin the wrong way. Take a look at the start up from an above outside view. On the front main rotors one blade is at a strange angle, compared to the other two blades. Trying to get that sagging static blade look due to gravity isn't easy. The downward angled look being used now just doesn't look right. If your able to fix all mentioned errors, this will be one top notch Chinook. :cool:

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, I don't have them talent so ......

Thats okay, have to wait till someone else dose some re-skins for it again :)

Finally took a look at this bird and found some errors. Some have been already mentioned. Both rotors spin the wrong way. Take a look at the start up from an above outside view. On the front main rotors one blade is at a strange angle, compared to the other two blades. Trying to get that sagging static blade look due to gravity isn't easy. The downward angled look being used now just doesn't look right. If your able to fix all mentioned errors, this will be one top notch Chinook.

Yeah just looking at that now, i see what you mean by one blade is at a strange angle.

I dont get what you mean by blade both spinning wrong way? Both ways or opposite ways? :confused:

And the downward angle look? Front blades or back? :confused:

Edited by konyo

I dont get what you mean by blade both spinning wrong way? Both ways or opposite ways?

Ok, At start-up, as the two main rotors spin, they're both going the wrong way. They both need to spin in the other direction. The leading edge of the blades is a clear indication. Hope this helps.

Ok, At start-up, as the two main rotors spin, they're both going the wrong way. They both need to spin in the other direction. The leading edge of the blades is a clear indication. Hope this helps.

Ok, so the back rotor needs to spin anti-clockwise, and front rotor clockwise, instead of other way around? :)

Negative... the front rotors should spin counter-clockwise and back rotors clockwise.

Edited by GD Mast

Negative... the front rotors should spin counter-clockwise and back rotors clockwise.

Just tried changing the rotor spin direction in config. Did nothing just crashed to desktop with an error message. The spin rotation of the blades is located in a texture file. Ill have to speak to Smiley about getting some modelling tools.

Edited by konyo

Just tried changing the rotor spin direction in config. Did nothing just crashed to desktop with an error message. The spin rotation of the blades is located in a texture file. Ill have to speak to Smiley about getting some modelling tools.

What if you swap the rotors in the model?

Could be a simple solution. :)

What if you swap the rotors in the model?

Could be a simple solution. :)

Wouldnt you need modelling tools? I tryed in config and it just crashes back to desktop.

I don't know if it's already known but here are the RPT errors with ArmA II 1.03.

http://glt.pastebin.com/m45b0bfec

Maybe you should change the faction classname into something better, as well as the display names.

Except for that it's great addon. It's very nice to be able to enter the CH-47 from the cargo ramp!

there are way too many problems with patch 3, i think bis should fire the testers, and get decents ones who actually do the job lol