Sign in to follow this  

Any WIP pics? Such as the cargo sling? ;)

AFAIK the cargo sling works like in ACE mod. :)

AFAIK the cargo sling works like in ACE mod. :)

Ohhh.. i never seen pics of it anyway lol :p

The cockpit windows are missing when viewed from the outside, but visible from the inside.

The cockpit windows are missing when viewed from the outside, but visible from the inside.

Yeh a new update is comming out in the new few weeks hopefully :) Should fix this :)

OK cool. I was having flashbacks to 2005 OpF when I saw the red canvas seats in the back! :D

OK cool. I was having flashbacks to 2005 OpF when I saw the red canvas seats in the back! :D

Tell me about it :p

Any News About the Update? :)

I second your sentance :D lol

Well, only thing i can say is, that smiley has taken a break from Arma and has given all the files over to Ardvarkdb.

The last version i could play, looked great. Just be patient. Im sure the people behind the Chopper will do their best to fix the remaining things. :cool:

There should be a release sooner or later. Need to go through and fix up some animations I was working on for Smiley and remove some scripts that weren't working 100% and don't know how to finish them.

Great news! Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the release "when it's done". ;)

yeah, tho we will have a BIS quality one in less than a month, this will still come in handy for those who wont/can't buy OA :)

whats the attach to command for the rear gunner

I dont get your question? There was never a backgunner in the RAF Chinook releases. Could you be e little more specific?

Thanks

yeah, tho we will have a BIS quality one in less than a month, this will still come in handy for those who wont/can't buy OA :)

except bi ones aren't made with the same amount of love.

in the documentation it says it is possible to attach a rear gunner

Think it's with the Attachto command. I did it once, but it wasn't sitting at the right angle, so didn't work too well.

what do i type in

btw what is the classname

Edited by fighterman

what do i type in

btw what is the classname

I just tried the attachto command on it, and i got some dimensions here for you.

Place a Chinook down on the map, empty or non-empty it doesn’t really matter at this point. Name the Chinook 'CH47' without the ' marks. Place a 'M2 Minitripod' on the map and in the M2's init box put the following

this attachTo [CH47,[0.2,-5.5,-1.5]]; This SetDir 180;

Then preview it and it should be close enough to get the ramp gun, it’s not spot on but its close enough i think? :)

And what do you mean by the classname? What class is it in? Or just what is a classname? :confused:

Edited by konyo

Should by "raf_chin47_base"

Im not working with the those old files anymore. :D

thanks i need it so i can change the array for the medevac module. for instance instead of a seaknight coming a chinook will come instead. got a little british thing going on.

Thats great to hear the RAF_Chinook is still in use after the boring CH47 from BIS is released...

TF86 is still working on a new OA Version... :D Looking good so far...

i think u should update it. to get in the back u neesd to be standing 20 feet away from it.

Well, those bugs where fixed a long time ago in our version, so no worries about them. The chopper is fully working now.

Fixed:

-Cockpit windows have no blue tint anymore, clear sight

-Height is now accurate

-Getinpositions are fixed

Added:

-Crewproxis (CoPilot, Loadmaster, Backcrew at Ramp)

-Useractions for the Ramp (Lower, Level or Raise Ramp)

Whats missing:

-Weapons (all turrets were removed in the MLOD version i get from SmilieyNick), have problems to add M134 on the side. Help would be welcome.

-Scripts for Cargo (ATV & ZODIAC &Crates), Slingloading & Fastroping (Thanks to norrin who provided us with Scripts, just have to get them working inside the Addon now :))

-Texture for the left side of the chopper for propper marker orientation

-Thermaltexture for the Backseats (The rest is allready done)

Just thought maybe its time for a little text with some updates.

Releasedate: When its done, sorry guys.