Sign in to follow this  
oceanclub

Prone/Crouch/Standup Keys Help

Hi all,

Since Arma II uses the Ctrl key as a modifier for other actions, unlike in other FPSs I play, I've set Mouse 4 for crouch and 2 x Mouse 4 for prone.

However, rather than having the "stand up" action bound to a seperate key, I'd like to able to toggle crouch on/off with Mouse 4, and prone on/off with 2 x Mouse 4. Is this possible?

I suppose if it's not possible for such bindings in-game, I can always create an AutoHotKey script to do it but I'd rather avoid that complication!

Regards,

P.

Does your 2xMouse4 for prone actually work?

I've tried Mouse5 for stand, Mouse4 for crouch and 2xMouse4 for prone, but prone wont work :(

Hi all,

Since Arma II uses the Ctrl key as a modifier for other actions...

It doesn't have to be. I'm so used to it from OFP that I have Ctrl mapped to fire... :p

As for modifiers, I only use Alt, and only for non-infantry stuff (since Alt is prone for me).

In the controls menu look for the control "UP". This can be used to toggle crouch on/off.It will also move you out of prone but i can't recall if its prone to stand or prone to crouch.

hope that helps.

In the controls menu look for the control "UP". This can be used to toggle crouch on/off.It will also move you out of prone but i can't recall if its prone to stand or prone to crouch.

hope that helps.

Ah, but as I said in my OP, I was hoping not to create a binding just to stand up. I'd hoped that I could use Mouse 4 to toggle crouch on/off and use 2 x Mouse 4 to toggle prone on/off - that is, use a single button for crouch/prone/stand.

I suppose that I could have Mouse 4 to turn crouch on, 2 x Mouse 4 to turn prone on, and - say - use Mouse 5 to stand up, but I was hoping to keep Mouse 5 for one of the very many other actions I need to bind. :)

Looks like I'll have to use an AutoHotKey macro...

P.

Read his post again, "Up" works as crouch toggle, it's what you're looking for. So you should have:

Up - Mouse 4

Prone - 2x Mouse 4

Read his post again, "Up" works as crouch toggle, it's what you're looking for. So you should have:

Up - Mouse 4

Prone - 2x Mouse 4

Ohh! I understand now - slightly counterintuitive naming of that action. :) That's great, cheers! Thanks, Caxton...

P.

I dont want to hijack this thread but Im having issues like those ones...

Im left handed, so I'd like to invert the mouse buttons. Instead of firing with mouse 1 Id like to fire with mouse 2 and so on....

But I cant assign "hold - mouse 1" to "lock or zoom", the game simply doesnt detects the "hold mouse 1" action as it does with "hold mouse 2" on the original configurations.

Did I make myself clear here?

maybe a bit off-topic but i can't figure out how to make my soldier running immediately from the prone position (i dont want him to stand up first and then run, but i want him to run immediately with the specified animation). in ArmA1 I've got it binded to "forward with break" (or something similar), but in A2 soldier indeed break (strafe) first then run, and the "fast forward" function doesn't work (he stays on prone but just crawling faster).

any ideas?

Does your 2xMouse4 for prone actually work?

I've tried Mouse5 for stand, Mouse4 for crouch and 2xMouse4 for prone, but prone wont work :(

Actually, you're right, it doesn't. I tried:

• Up: Mouse4
  • Prone: 2 x Mouse4

However, if I either tap or double-tap Mouse 4, it performs "up".

The following worked:

• Up: Mouse4
  • Prone: Mouse5

Seems to be a bug.

P.