Sign in to follow this  
Wildstyle

Nuke Damage

Hi i'm finishing off a mission http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6210

And i've decided to raise the stakes abit.....

after you kill the officer you got all the time in the world and respawns too to get to the hanger and get back to base but what if you only had an hour to do so?

You try alot harder and fight harder wouldn't you?

I have Gaias nuke script and im trying to find a script that will destroy EVERYTHING on the map in a certain radius when this nuke goes off....

currently the only thing that happens is a visual effect if i do add the nuke....

is there a script out there that i could use to do this?

is there a way i could find or make a sccript to destroy all the buildings in pita?

I was distracted when I was going to answer yesterday. I'm busy now, back later

You could try using nearObjects, or similar command, in a loop and set full damage to the objects it returns.

But depending on how you use it, it can return really big array of objects (which could be a problem, or maybe not).

It would be interesting to see what it will do in MP if you destroy thousands objects this way - there would be probably noticeable delay before the object changes would be published to all clients.

Also you don't want the camera to be anywhere near the "area of impact" when you start destroying the objects, because the HW strain of all the effects produced by thousands objects being destroyed would be awfull - you don't want players watching that 1FPS slideshow for who knows how long.

So, maybe the best aproach would be to show the nuke explosion effect, but do not start destroying the buildings yet.

After some time, when the player had enough time to look at the nice and scary explosion effects, move the camera somwhere else, and run the script to destroy the object in the area of explosion.

When the destroyer script finishes, you can switch the camera back into players 1st person view, and let him continue on playing.

The camera switching could be done in different ways, for example:

1. Make the screen black:

titleText ["After the explosion", "BLACK"];

2. Disable user input:

disableUserInput true;

3. Switch the camera to some distant location:

_cam = "camera" camCreate [0, 0, 100];

_cam camSetTarget [0, 0, 0];

_cam cameraEffect ["INTERNAL", "BACK"];

_cam camCommit 0;

4. Run the object destroying loop:

{_x setDamage 1;} forEach _nukeExplPos nearObjects ["House",1000];

5. After the objects destroying loop finishes, switch the camera back to player, remove the camera, enable user input, and remove the black overlay.

waitUntil {preloadCamera (getPos Player)};

_cam cameraEffect ["TERMINATE", "BACK"];

camDestroy _cam;

disableUserInput false;

titleText ["After the explosion", "BLACK IN", 1];

...or instead of showing black overlay, you can switch the camera to some other location to show some small "intro", like some alarm on a military base, soldeirs running, vehicles moving, chaos, etc.

i used a script i found somewhere and set it to a 1000 meter radius....

i played multiplayer and the nuke set off after an hour like it was supposed to

everything and i mean everything exploded we went in red lock but this didn't matter cause we were dead and were respawning after 10 second countdown respawn everything was fine and pita was a pile of ruble on the map.....

only thing i need to do now is try and make it also end the mission after a couple of minutes (1 or 2) but this is impossible i think without a script and i want the people to look at the nuke and town before the mission ends

Maybe blow everything in 200m, then 450m, then 600m... 1000m with a little sleep in between.