Sign in to follow this  
Vasya-kitaec-

М4М203 with sight Aimpoint

In advance I ask to forgive, I write by means of the electronic translator.

Why developers have not made in game М4 and М16 with М203 but with sight Aimpoint?

Can will add in a following patch?:)

It's not clear why. In real life the M203/ACOG combo is rather uncommon.

I think it's pretty popular for the spotter of a sniper/spotter team.

Thank God they at least made a HOLO version. In A1 you only had ACOG. Agree that Aimpoint/M203 would be nice too, in standard color.

Every Marine in the Marine Corps expect MarSoc uses the ACOG RCO, regardless if it's a M4/M203 or a M16A4/M203.

And what difference? What bad or to whom that will prevent in the list of the accessible weapon superfluous updating М4?

I have now looked pair of tens photo from Iraq with fighters USMC. On them why that is not present armed М4, only М16. Can if USMC does not use in general or in large quantities М4, to remove from game М4?

Or there will be no person what will make mod for game where will be not USMC, and simple infantry?

Pretty sure USMC LARs use M4s, on account of being stuffed into LAVs as routine.

There are indeed Marines equipped with M4's IRL, with m203 compined with aimpoint, eotech, ACOG and more (most pics I've seen are FR and MEU, I guess).

I'd wait for a weapons addon though (believe me, there will be M4/M16 packs released till you'll want to puke all over them).

I'd rather see BIS working out the bugs and other issues before adding new kit, especially since there's already a m203/reddot (well, eotech) version available. This is not even low priority IMO.

Edited by maxter

I'd rather see BIS working out the bugs and other issues before adding new kit.

I agree although I would assume a development team would have completely different members working on the coding of the game and the actual artwork (such as weapon models). now that the game is out i wouldn't have thought they (the game artists) have a huge amount to do at the moment.

Just let the modders get to work...

Edited by STALKERGB

Ooops Aimpoint not Acog

My own preference is the Acog with over sight iron sight. As per ACE.

The Holo sight quite close to what you want plus it is available as SD.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
Ooops Aimpoint not Acog

If you hadn't seen marines with M4A1s, you probably need to work on your Google skills.

Well Marines do prefer the M16 series for it's accuracy over the M4. However, that doesn't mean they do not use M4's.

As it currently stands, the "standard" T/O weapon for Sgt's (E-5) and below is the M16A4, and SSgt's (E-6) and up (to include officers) rate M4's (they used to rate the M9 service pistol, but now it is the M4). As part of the weapon "kit," each weapon comes with an RCO (which is the ACOG).

Just because every Marine is issued an ACOG with their weapon doesn't mean they use them on a regular basis. Most units (non-infantry) still use iron sights to qualify on the Table 1 and 2 courses of fire. As to deployed Marines, I haven't been out there since 2005 (well before the RCO was standard issue), so I don't know if *every* Marine in country attaches their RCO. However, I wouldn't doubt it if some units that were POG's didn't use them because their command just didn't want any Marines losing their RCO. That or they haven't trained their Marines on how to use the RCO.

As well, the first general rule I stated can be modified. Tankers, LAV, AAV etc crewmen most likely use M4's since they are smaller and easier to store in their vehicles.