Sign in to follow this  
cbrown6775

Check to see if you need x86(32bit) or x64(64bit) version of the program...

When i installed the game I downloaded from direct 2 drive it installed fine then said unable to install direct X.

Then when I tried to run the game it says The version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows your runing. Check to see if you need x86(32bit) or x64(64bit) version of the program and contact the publisher.

I already updated Direct X

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 2.00 GHz

Memory(Ram): 4 gig

System type: 64-bit operating system (VISTA)

Graphics Card: Dual NVDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX

Any Ideas?

Your running VIsta 64bit there is a chance you don't have the Direct X9 installed. Try to go to Microsoft's website and download the Direct X9 file. I think you only have DX10 installed which will not work with the game.

good luck

Has any body had this problem and fixxed it?.....I have tryed installing Direct X 9, 10 ,11.....

I updated to vista SP2....

Any ideas?

Weird, I run in vista64 and while the results are bad due to bugs, faults and whatevers I have never seen that error. Are you running it as administrator? Have you installed directx9 for all users?

Your running VIsta 64bit there is a chance you don't have the Direct X9 installed. Try to go to Microsoft's website and download the Direct X9 file. I think you only have DX10 installed which will not work with the game.

good luck

FYI; DX10 is backwards compatible with DX9 (ie. DX10 contains all versions).

Anyhow; your problem looks rather familiar. I got it a lot when I was running Windows Server 2008 x64. Though, I never got it under Vista or W7 for that matter. Have you tried redownloading/reinstalling the game? Could be you're missing something.

What other games do you play on that particular computer?

I have played Americas Army 2 and 3. Black Shark, CnC(the whole series) and WIC.

I will start DL the game again.

Any idea how I would contact the publisher?

Thanks all

I have a good idea when you start up the dl manager you will find you didn't down load the game all the way.

Same thing happened to me. I thought I had the entire dl because the folder was there and the set up file but I really hadn't dled all of it. When I started the dl manager up again it starting ticking off at like 70% lol. when it finished it installed fine.

That just isn't true. DX10 is a whole new program from the ground up. Which means it's not back words compatible. You can run DX10 hardware on DX9 games so in that case yes it's back words compatible but not on a software level.

I don't know the break down and I'm not some programming expert on Direct X, but I have Windows 7 64bit and I could not run the game until I downloaded and installed DX9c from Microsoft.

Just FYI

I have the same error and installed DX9 with no result. Good luck contacting the publisher, the only email support I found listed IDEA publisher for USA and Czech but then it later says Czech support only and the won't send an email out due to 'email initialization error' If anyone has any advice please let me know otherwise I'll be trying to get a refund through my CC company.

no. You still have to install the LATEST dx9c distribute, this was one of the first problems detected with this game.