Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

CBA: Community Base Addons public release!

It seems the Steam version does not have this original ArmA2 addon included :)

We have resolved the issue for an upcoming release.

Hey, I have the Steam version and CA_Editor is where it should be (editor.pbo). Plus I know other people with Steam version also and they did not have any errors launching with CBA.

Any key sign files available for mod checks?
Yes. All CBA addons are signed and there is a server key in the CBA archive. Edited by Killswitch

@Alex72; Tnx for report, though the issue was resolved and announced the post above ya :D

Yeah... Sorry bout that. I'll lean against the old saying but with a twist to save my butt "better late than never" change by me for this special occasion to "better twice than never". :D

PS. Will actually read at least the post before me next time.

Alex

I'm experiencing a similar issue to ReiLar's.

I'm being told that I need 'ca_hc_sounds'

I tried removing it from the config file, but the repacked file wasn't recognized by Lost Key, though both were, as far as I could tell, identical except for the change I made.

on a side note I do have editor.pbo

I found the source of my problem. I had tried messing with the mission pbo to make it work in campaign, reverted to the original and the error went away.

Turns out Lost Key works fine in the campaign with CBA, it was just the hacked version of XEH that was breaking it.

Glad you found the root of the problem.

The only official Arma II version of XEH is included in CBA. The use of other "hacked" versions will cause unpredictable results.

Addon makers - if you need to modify XEH for any reason, please contact the team at Dev Heaven via the issue tracker with your request, so we can either offer advice, or attempt to accommodate your modifications for everyone's benefit.

Sorry I have to post a problem/bug. It came up with the 1.03 patch. Once or twice every minute of gameplay the game (I think it's not just the graphics and sound) freezes for aproximatly 1,5 seconds.

I checked it out and it seems to be one of the cba_xyz .pbo files. Using just the eventhandler files is ok. Dunno if it's just me and in relation with a certain addon. So if anyone else got it too: tell sickboy. Please check it out.

Sorry I have to post a problem/bug. It came up with the 1.03 patch. Once or twice every minute of gameplay the game (I think it's not just the graphics and sound) freezes for aproximatly 1,5 seconds.

I checked it out and it seems to be one of the cba_xyz .pbo files. Using just the eventhandler files is ok. Dunno if it's just me and in relation with a certain addon. So if anyone else got it too: tell sickboy. Please check it out.

Could you elaborate on this further, as in how did you figure out the error? There are maybe 5 threads running right now about these pauses/stutters and I just noticed I had CBA in my parameter list. Took it out and so far, the pause is gone.

I can confirm this, CBA with 1.03 is now having a cyclic pause/freeze as you describe. I simply removed from mod list and no freeze cycle, put it back, loaded and it returns, so I think this need to be tested now with 1.03.

A thread assuming it was 1.03 patch bug was started here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82923

I cant say something else might be happening for other instances but all I know is as soon as I patched and loaded a mission it was happening off the bat. Running the same thing, same setting just without CBA I experienced no stutter/cyclic pause.

Edited by mrcash2009

Aha, well I just saw the pauses for the first time tonight but I have not confirmed it as being CBA.

However, I will say that I did NOT see these pauses in Utes, only Chernarus, if people can confirm or deny this it might be helpful?

Removing CBA from Mod list seems to have fixed pauses for me also, at least so far.

I have never installed CBA. I am also experiencing the strange stutter since 1.03 every 2-3 seconds.

i7 920 @2.67

6gb DDR3

4870x2 with cat 9.7

vista x64 home

Tnx for the reports! I've been unable to really reproduce.

• Does it only happen in Multiplayer?
  • Does it only happen when there are also other players around?
  • Does it only happen in certain situations / missions, or is there at least a situation (mission x or y?) that shows the problem best?
  • Does it happen with ONLY CBA addons loaded? (So _NO_ other addons loaded)

Could someone who has the problem please test the latest CBA files? (Another test is to temporary remove cba_network and cba_events and verify results).

They are unreleased atm, and available through my newest application: ArmA Git Updater:

ftp://dl2.6thsense.eu/arma/CBA-Mod_Ruby_Git_Updater_v0.4.8.7z

Usage:

• Unpack the download (Please do NOT unpack into a modfolder or other arma folder)
  • If you already have @CBA installed, back it up / move it away.
  • From the unpacked download, Run the six-updater-uninstall_mods.bat and wait until done
  • Run the six-updater.exe and wait until done
  • Incase you have problems, use six-updater-reset. Incase the problems are persistent, try this list again.
  • Incase we update CBA, you can just run six-updater.exe to update to the latest

For more info about the software, please check; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater

Edited by Sickboy

The stuttering effect happens to me in Editor (empty world), SP missions and MP missions. With and without other players around and in every situation. It keeps coming back in regular intervals so it seems.

When i removed the mods, incl. CBA, the problem vanished.

Did not test yet with latest CBA...

Found the problem. setDate and skipTime are 'broken' since 1.03.

Our network addon synchs the date and time every 60 seconds unless overriden.

This was the cause for the fps drop to 0.

If you get CBA from the six-updater as described in my previous post, the problem should be resolved for you.

Date and time is still synched when a player connects, which means there can be a slowdown on player join. Working this out properly.

(Bug reported at A2 CIT: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/3437)

Edited by Sickboy

Aha, well I just saw the pauses for the first time tonight but I have not confirmed it as being CBA.

However, I will say that I did NOT see these pauses in Utes, only Chernarus, if people can confirm or deny this it might be helpful?

Hmmm yes I think Chernarus seems to be the culprite with the combination.

@Sickboy you refer alot to MP Im referring to SP also, so is this a fix for both? (Ignore this I was looking at the previous page and once posted realised you had posted on page 10).

* Does it only happen in Multiplayer? = no sp too (I only run SP so far anyway)

* Does it only happen when there are also other players around? SP so mainly using missions with a few small team AI

* Does it only happen in certain situations / missions, or is there at least a situation (mission x or y?) that shows the problem best? Im simply in the editor playing any scnario and it happens like clockwork.

* Does it happen with ONLY CBA addons loaded? (So _NO_ other addons loaded) I can confirm this. yes.

Edited by mrcash2009

Tnx mr Cash!

I'm getting a "no such file or directory" message on that Sickboy.

Whoops Link updated, sry :)

Edited by Sickboy

CBA v0.1.3

Key Changes

• FIXED: Periodic stutter, and stutter on other player join, introduced by official ArmA 2 v1.03 Patch
  • FIXED: Script errors, introduced by official ArmA 2 v1.03 Patch.
  • Internal fixes and optimizations

Full documentation is available at DevHeaven.

Download

The addons, manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release. Key file is also seperately available.

Edited by Sickboy