Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

CBA: Community Base Addons public release!

Great news sickboy... Will wait for v0.1.2.
Copy. Aiming for a release tonight, though if you like the bleeding edge, please feel free to clone the development repository to stay up2date with latest changes:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cca/Getting_a_copy_of_the_development_repository

Edited by Sickboy

Has anyone reported/experience that CBA breaks ALICE and SILVIE? I think CBA break on my machine... I have a mission featuring ALICE and SILVIE, working before, with CBA, the vehicles and civilians didnt spawn. remove CBA, it works again

Bingo! I thought i had screwed something up using the functions module. I hope the new version has this fixed. I miss those semi-retarded civilians crashing their cars into their fences and repeating the same dialog over and over and over again.... Well, I miss shooting them anyway! :D

Yeah, I've noticed that none of the ambient modules work while using the latest CBA. The weather module seems to still work though.

Bingo! I thought i had screwed something up using the functions module. I hope the new version has this fixed. I miss those semi-retarded civilians crashing their cars into their fences and repeating the same dialog over and over and over again.... Well, I miss shooting them anyway! :D

Yeah, I've noticed that none of the ambient modules work while using the latest CBA. The weather module seems to still work though.

ACM still works though... but rest assured, sickboy has fixed it and it will be okay with next CBA release

ACM still works though... but rest assured, sickboy has fixed it and it will be okay with next CBA release

Good news! I'm just glad you figured it out! It was driving me crazy for the longest time wondering around the map looking for people that weren't there. Got a bit lonely. It's a lonely world without people. We need them back and the cars also. It takes like a gazillion hours to traverse the map by foot. I miss the Grand Theft Auto element of stealing some ambient person's car and driving off with it free of charge. It's good to be bad. LOL!

For real though, any idea when the next version will be out? I followed the trouble ticket and saw that it was already fixed like 19 hours ago. That's a long time to go without people and cars! :(

Well, as most ppl would say, when it's ready. Other than that, you could play your mission without CBA for a while. Thats what I did. Unless ofcourse, you have an addon that's CBA dependent. You have to make compromise then. CBA without ALICE/SILVIE or ALICE/SILVIE without CBA

Well, as most ppl would say, when it's ready. Other than that, you could play your mission without CBA for a while. Thats what I did. Unless ofcourse, you have an addon that's CBA dependent. You have to make compromise then. CBA without ALICE/SILVIE or ALICE/SILVIE without CBA

I don't know. I need CBA to run some of my mods. I'd really hate to just play vanilla Arma2 even though I know that the people and cars will be back. I'm going to go smoke a cigarette and think about it some more. I hate stress and compromises! What to do what to do??? :confused:

Release of the update is not far away. Last night's MP testing was succesful.

If you rather not wait, please feel free to clone the development repository and get the latest source :)

Lets please return to topic.

CBA v0.1.2

Key Changes

* FIXED: ALICE and SILVIE stop working when CBA is active

* FIXED: Support for the "AnimStateChanged" event needed.

* ADDED: JIP-persistent markers (CBA_fnc_setMarkerPersistent, CBA_fnc_getMarkerPersistent).

* ADDED: Persistent player actions (CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction, CBA_fnc_removePlayerAction).

Full documentation is available at DevHeaven.

Download

The addons, manual, functions reference and complete sources are included in the release.

* DevHeaven

I don't think so. I keep @CBA at the very end, that way every other AddOn/Mod that requires XEH doesn't have to have an XEH .pbo in all other mod folders. In ArmA, I used to keep XEH in it's own mod folder and just put @XEH at the end of the target line. I'm assuming it still works the same.... :D

I don't think so. I keep @CBA at the very end, that way every other AddOn/Mod that requires XEH doesn't have to have an XEH .pbo in all other mod folders. In ArmA, I used to keep XEH in it's own mod folder and just put @XEH at the end of the target line. I'm assuming it still works the same.... :D

For ArmA1, I decided XEH was so important I kept it in the BIS Addons folder itself. The only addon I ever did that with :)

I wouldn't recommend putting any community addons, even ours, in your main addons directory.

So with 0.1.2 we hope to have concluded the 0.1 branch and resolved the quirks :)

We are moving on to 0.2 and hope to deliver it in a couple of weeks.

For more detailed plans please review our (updated) plans wiki

Re the modfolder loading order. Personally I put @CBA as first in my Modline. It should not matter though, if you add it in the middle, behind or at front, it will always work, though the order of the Mod folders could influence which version of an addon will be active (incase you have multiple versions of the same addon).

With CBA we're trying to put again much attention on having Modfolders, and not using the standard Addons folder, aswell as promote the usage of the @CBA modfolder, as opposed to having copies of the CBA addons in every Modfolder that requires it.

With ArmA1 we've seen a lot of problems with users because they had various Mods that either came with XEH, or where they had added XEH, in the end having 6 different versions of XEH loaded at the same time, unclear which version is active :)

With a single @CBA modfolder we hope to treat this.

Edited by Sickboy

@DMarckwick; did you possibly find anything in regard to the logic in cargo of vehicles? Maybe we can have a look at that sometime soon?

Savegames; mentioned in your thread, we will look into :)
Dev Update;

I've added a script snippet from the latest code to detect the loading of save games;

http://dev-heaven.net/boards/48/topics/show/1550

It is atm the only thing I could find, other than using diag_tickTime, to detect the loading of a savegame.

Will investigate and test further, probably alternatives/optimizations are still possible.

We have created a "CBA_loadGame" event and the displayAddEventHandler is hooked into that event, thus tackled the issue of keys and actions not working after loading a savegame.

Plus the event can be used by anyone to do whatever they require at loadGame :)

If all goes well, you can expect it to be included in Release 2.

Edited by Sickboy

@DMarckwick; did you possibly find anything in regard to the logic in cargo of vehicles? Maybe we can have a look at that sometime soon?

I haven't done anything with the game logics, I implemented a fudge to get the dog in the vehicle in the end. I am currently wrestling with the new dog's config, trying to stop it generating errors every time it gets close to a vehicle.

What is it you require me to do?

I haven't done anything with the game logics, I implemented a fudge to get the dog in the vehicle in the end. I am currently wrestling with the new dog's config, trying to stop it generating errors every time it gets close to a vehicle.

What is it you require me to do?

Was just wondering if you had found anything new since our last chat :)

I will probably try today to setup a class that allows to be added into the cargo and is invisible. Did you try Invisible Heli platform by chance?

Upd: A soldier class with empty model (ca\misc\empty.p3d) seems to work aswell, I do get massive rpt messages atm though, not sure yet how and why :)

I've tried most objects and only Soldier type seems to be able to go in cargo. When I have some more time ill try some different config properties to try and trace it :)

Edited by Sickboy

Rgr dat. Are civilian models under the soldier models class? It seems to me that since animals have come under the man class that there is a branch of man that has had the ability to board vehicles (and no doubt other abilities) removed, perhaps because of lack of AI/animation/appropriateness etc. Maybe Game Logic has been erroneously included in that branch?

Edited by DMarkwick

found a small bug with the extended event handlers, but i don't have the option to open a new issue at DH so i will post it here:

when the extended event handlers pbo is used, the behavior of popup targets is changed, the start down and go up after 1 second, and don't go down when being hit.

Thanks very much for this. I've ticketed this at DH and we will look into it ASAP.

Sorry, I thought anyone would be able to report tickets, but I've made you a reporter for the project so you'll be able to make future reports without any problems.

found a small bug with the extended event handlers, but i don't have the option to open a new issue at DH so i will post it here:

when the extended event handlers pbo is used, the behavior of popup targets is changed, the start down and go up after 1 second, and don't go down when being hit.

Thanks. The issue has been resolved and will be included in an upcoming release.

Re tickets;

You can only create tickets when you are logged in (at DH).

Also, the button is a bit .. clumsy :P It's next to "Issues" (called "New issue") and not inside the "Issues" page.

Extended Eventhandlers... Right! Now the coin dropped. :) This will get baked in later on right?

Good work guys. This is really needed.

EDIT: Noted the BIS standard pop-up targets wont go down with CBA loaded. Maybe thats a known issue though. Just thaught i mention it.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

I get this pop-up info when I try to start ArmA2:

Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CA_Editor'

I'm using steam's version of ArmA2.

I've installed the mod in ..\arma 2\@CBA

My start modifiers looks like this: -mod=@CBA

Am I supposed to install the CA_Editor addon by myself? In that case, where am I able to find it?

i was PM'd this bug about my nvg addon;

In the sp campaign I got a bug in dog of war. When I load a savegame your mod often doesn't come up.

And after a while I can't buy units anymore.

I've tried to redo the mission without the mod and I didn't have this bug.

i can't see how anything in my addon could cause this behaviour, other than using extended init eventhandlers?

@Alex72; Tnx for report, though the issue was resolved and announced the post above ya :D

I get this pop-up info when I try to start ArmA2:

Addon 'Extended_EventHandlers' requires addon 'CA_Editor'

I'm using steam's version of ArmA2.

I've installed the mod in ..\arma 2\@CBA

My start modifiers looks like this: -mod=@CBA

Am I supposed to install the CA_Editor addon by myself? In that case, where am I able to find it?

Thanks for the report!

It seems the Steam version does not have this original ArmA2 addon included :)

We have resolved the issue for an upcoming release.

Ticketed the issue at: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2987

We will consider 'hotfix' / 'workaround' options...

i was PM'd this bug about my nvg addon;

i can't see how anything in my addon could cause this behaviour, other than using extended init eventhandlers?

Thanks for the report! Ticketed: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2988

Will be looking into this one soon, possibly in the weekend.

Edited by Sickboy