Sign in to follow this  
osmo

How can the automatic AI radio reports be disabled?

When we play Co-Op and try to have a realistic tactical team play, our soldiers are suddenly reporting "UNKNOWN VEHICLE".. "UNKNOWN HELICOPTER" etc over the radio.

I can live with AI players reporting over the radio, but why our human controlled soldiers do that automatically too? This totally kills the realistic atmosphere. We want to report the enemies or unknown soldiers when we see them with our own eyes!

Can it be disabled?

Yes, unbind "reveal target" from right mouse button.

/KC

I believe it's filed under Auto Report in the Difficulty menu.

I believe it's filed under Auto Report in the Difficulty menu.

Yea, forgott that one!

So... unbinding "reveal target" from right mouse button and disable "auto report" in difficulty will make things alot better.

/KC

Neither of these help. I always remove the "reveal target" from the key bindings (that was problem with ArmA1 already and it was ok after removing it).

However, this auto report in ArmA2 happens without clicking second mouse button or anything, it just happens automatically. Disabling Auto Report from the difficulty setting does not help. We are playing on Expert level and on that level it cannot even be enabled. There must be a bug in the game because our human-controlled players keep on reporting everything they see, even with the expert level being on at the server (dedicated).

Neither of these help. I always remove the "reveal target" from the key bindings (that was problem with ArmA1 already and it was ok after removing it).

However, this auto report in ArmA2 happens without clicking second mouse button or anything, it just happens automatically. Disabling Auto Report from the difficulty setting does not help. We are playing on Expert level and on that level it cannot even be enabled. There must be a bug in the game because our human-controlled players keep on reporting everything they see, even with the expert level being on at the server (dedicated).

turn your radio down to 0...

turn your radio down to 0...

I'd love to do this, if it would not affect the VOIP. We are trying to use the VOIP so this is not an option.

Osmo try Mapfact's Reduced Voices addon:

http://www.mapfact.net/include.php?path=content&contentid=65

We don't use any addons currently on the server so this is not an option. I guess I just have to wait and hope they have fixed this bug in the next version.

I'd love to do this, if it would not affect the VOIP. We are trying to use the VOIP so this is not an option.

We don't use any addons currently on the server so this is not an option. I guess I just have to wait and hope they have fixed this bug in the next version.

its not a bug its a feature...

its not a bug its a feature...

It's a bug if you disable the "auto reports" but the human players still keep reporting them, isn't it?

What's the point of having an option in the difficulty setting to enable and disable the auto reports if it does not affect anything?

This is what I said on earlier post:

Disabling Auto Report from the difficulty setting does not help. We are playing on Expert level and on that level it cannot even be enabled. There must be a bug in the game because our human-controlled players keep on reporting everything they see, even with the expert level being on at the server (dedicated).

E.g. by bug I was referring to the fact that enabling/disabling auto reports does not work.

Edit: I created a bug report of this in the A2 Community Issue Tracker. If this issue bothers you, vote for this issue in the bug tracker:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2658

Edited by Osmo