Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo762.au

Hk-416

I wanted to cry when I saw that ArmA 2 had a M8 (XM8). However, that only made me half as annoyed as when I found out when ArmA 2 didn't have a HK-416.

Can we please have one? or 10 with ACOGs 40mms and so on.....

Also a M110 both suppressed and unsuppressed would be good too.

Edited by Jimbo762.au

Kinda funny about the M8, wasn't it cancelled in 2006 (or whenever) and its still finding its way onto platforms for 13 year old boys to jizz over.

Xm8 is just the ugliest toy like weapon I've ever seen.

Remington ACR 6.8 SPC ftw!!

- 2 what else ? :) Edited by dunedain

Yeah, HK 416 is nice but you may want to write this in "addon request" thread. You dont need to use xm8 if you dont like it lol.

Xm8 is just the ugliest toy like weapon I've ever seen.

Remington ACR 6.8 SPC ftw!!

- 2 what else ? :)

If I was the cameraman in that first video, I would have said, "Hey Jackass, don't point that thing at me! What's the matter with you?"

i think BIS had already made the XM8 model for ARMA 1 and rather than just wasting it decided they might as well put it in ARMA 2, I know that ACE had a good few 416's so if you wait for ACE2 you will have one heck of a choice :)

EDIT- in that second vid, the cameraman really didnt choose a good spot lol

gameplay wise there is no difference between the 416s and m4s. just take an m4 and call it a 416. bam, problem solved.

at least the m8 looks and behaves differently

M8 is left over from the time when US army wanted to buy a 5.56mm AR and a 20mm GL with different ammo types.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as40-e.htm

The XM-8 was the winner for the AR part, but then it went as usual, US companies used their connections and suddenly a new bidding round was started.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm

The same way we got our shitty "Jäger90" that had to be renamed to "Jäger 2000" due to the delay (now called Typhon) and it still can not fly

And the same way we got the A400M (that can not carry the load it was supposed to lift) and the same way we ...........always connections :D

Yeah, an HK416 should be in the game! It may be based on the M4, however it has a look of its own, and is a much better and reliable weapon system in R/L, developed by HK after US forces found the M4 to not be robust enough in desert warfare, much like the L85A2 being much better than the L85A1 after HK's improvements of that weapon...............

The OICW is dead. It was a research project only. Considering the only difference between the M16 and MK416 is reliability and ArmA2 doesn't model that... I think the dev's time is better spent elsewhere.

The OICW is dead. It was a research project only. Considering the only difference between the M16 and MK416 is reliability and ArmA2 doesn't model that... I think the dev's time is better spent elsewhere.

Would have thought it would be important to keep the game up to date with up to date bits of kit.

The M1A4 is up to date as far as 99% of Marines are concerned.

The M1A4 is up to date as far as 99% of Marines are concerned.

Ah but SF units are starting to use it, including Force Recon.....

Kinda funny about the M8, wasn't it cancelled in 2006 (or whenever) and its still finding its way onto platforms for 13 year old boys to jizz over.

was cancelled because the US army didnt want to have a german rifle as their main army rifle, even though its way better then the crap the americans produce (escpecially COLT).

The HK417 might be a more interesting addition (since it's 7,62x51mm NATO).

Barrett REC7

6.8mm is the best way to go. No dirty gas in the chamber! All the kill power you need too :yay:

Or you could forget the 416 and go with a real weapon like a M110/MK11/SR25.

For those of you that are unsure as to what that is, it is a 7.62 NATO semi-auto sniper system - much better than a DMR.

http://www.knightarmco.com/images/sr25.html

They put the SPR in, they should put in the MK11.

Anything 7.62mm and up, to complement the new and improved terminal ballistics model*.

*wishful thinking here

:)

Yeah, an HK416 should be in the game! It may be based on the M4, however it has a look of its own, and is a much better and reliable weapon system in R/L, developed by HK after US forces found the M4 to not be robust enough in desert warfare, much like the L85A2 being much better than the L85A1 after HK's improvements of that weapon...............

ya, <3 HK...and my G36C.:inlove:

M110 is army and not marine i think. So that wont be added by BIS. We got it from ACE in ArmA though with fully working scope and bipods. So im sure we get it again with luck in ACE2.

M110 is army and not marine i think. So that wont be added by BIS. We got it from ACE in ArmA though with fully working scope and bipods. So im sure we get it again with luck in ACE2.

The MK11/M110/SR25 are the same weapon. The Navy does use the MK 11, as well as the Marine Corps.