Sign in to follow this  
OUT FOX EM

So what's the consensus for running out of video memory?

So I've seen a lot of threads about crashing to desktop (CTD), texture errors, and various other issues regarding performance and video memory, but I've not seen a problem similar to mine.

Basically what happens is I'll be playing for about 10-15 minutes with fantastic performance (60 fps on Very High) and then I'll hit brick wall. My frames will all of sudden drop to about 5-10 fps and will never recover. All I have to do to fix the issue is save my progress, close ArmA, then reload it from my saved point and I'm good to again for 10-15 minutes until I run out of memory again.

My PC specs are in my signature, and I'm currently using the EVGA fix for SLI. Settings are default Very High, except fillrate is set to 100% (1920x1200), and Video Memory is set to Very High.

Obviously clearing the videocards' memory works great. Is there anyway to force the game to do this on the fly while in-game?

EDIT: For the record, I've tried the 182.50 drivers and also various command line parameters (specifically -xp and -maxmem=2047).

Edited by OUT FOX EM

Well hot damn, that actually worked! :eek: Thanks a lot, I owe you a beer.