Sign in to follow this  
TangoRomeo

TRSM Tracked Vehicles Sound mod (WSS+signed update)

Good Lord, if it's your own server you're worried about take 5 minutes and learn how to sign it yourself: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

I know how to sign a mod, but I will never sign someone else's work that is just bad practice. In my eyes it's as bad as those that port someone else's mod without permission.

Then you don't understand what the key/signature system is. What it isn't is a claim to ownership, rather it is an approved-for-use (on your server) mechanism.

maybe I don't but they way I see it from the overview in the wiki is

Addon is signed by its creator
this way the key is also released to all which makes life easier for a public server.

@ BearBison

not a problem, just go ahead. The reason i don't have any updates out yet is that someone offered help on getting smoother transitions on the startup/shutdown sounds, still waiting for him to finalize it.

In any case, i want to have a new version out by friday.

so when i found a addon that i like but it is not signed yet, i could make a key for it to put on the server?without probs?

Just tried making a key for it. It doesn't work. I think only the origional creator can make the key.

TR said there will be update soon so stay tuned :)

nice one TangoRomeo, downloaded and will test in the morning on our servers.

Tango, is there anyway to stop the distorted sound of t72 and t90 when driving around?

You might want to try the latest version. In case the problem persists, could you post your audio hardware, including speakers setup?

Does this new version replace the old version? Or would you like to keep both versions?

Thankyou mate, been waiting eagerly for this all week :)

Anyways, I'm off to put the m1a1 through some rally checkpoints...

you should update your first post if you releases new versions..else its gets confusing :)

ty for the mod ;)

Thanks for the signage, felt kinda odd self-signign one for my server.

WSS Edition up!

Features

* .wss audio file format (direct .wav conversion)

* binarized

* signed + contains key

* seperate config file

Grab it here:

Tracked Vehicles 1.0 (.wss Edition)

You should update the first post with the .wss version, I only just found it now...

The BMP-3 & T90 are ridiculously loud and make the sound distorted. I can also notice waveform clipping in both of the samples used.

For some reason the .bisign and the .bikey don't work - i placed them on the server and its telling me that the 2 pbo files need a signature. are they wrong or should i do something else.

For some reason the .bisign and the .bikey don't work - i placed them on the server and its telling me that the 2 pbo files need a signature. are they wrong or should i do something else.

you only need the key on server in ArmA\Keys directory

the bisign must be placed on client together with pbos

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:26 ----------

The BMP-3 & T90 are ridiculously loud and make the sound distorted. I can also notice waveform clipping in both of the samples used.

yep that should be fixed by some normalizing to prevent outofrange distorsions ...

It seems to work - i didn't thought it would make an difference.

So i got the .pbo and .bisign on the client side in the same folder called @Tracked_Vehicles/Addons.

And i got the .bikey file on the server side in the Keys folder.

@7

I´ll look into this. Peak volume for both samples is -4dB. To have ~ continous RMS power for engine sounds i used a multi-band limiter plugin. Config (.cpp) wise similar settings are used for volume also. If i´m playing the master .wav files on my setup via the sound editor or winamp, i do not notice any audible clipping. Ingame, it's almost the same, difference being the addition of processing added by the sound engine. I have EAX and HW acc. disabled in Arma² (running Vista). Going to experiment with sample volume a bit, and upload a new version.

@ kju

Thanks. :)

I tried downloading a previous config of yours, but link would timeout.

I got this one though, will incoorporate it in the new release. :cool:

Noob question alert, Can you tell me why we have to add this line "-mod=@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles" to the shortcut? the sounds work just by pasting them in the folder... :confused:

Edit: Love the new sounds by the way :D

they are just two different methods of using the mods, you can use the shortcut method, or you can just copy and paste the mod into your arma 2 addons folder ;)

Edited by Flarmapoint 2