Sign in to follow this  
wazandy

Razor team. More like National Guard.

I'm sure this has been covered, but it would be nice to have Razor Team exhibit a certain amount of decision making capabilities.

For example.

Generally, when your squad leader goes prone - so do you. He's doing it for a reason.

Also, when you're sitting in a vehicle, and that vehicle is being fired at, get out, don't just sit there and wait to die.

Oh, and when I get shot, don't just 'take control' and fuck off leaving me in the grass, no matter how much I scream for a medic.

Oh, and don't transport yourself into the ocean 8000m away for no reason when I need you in a mission.

Dude, I didn't know the National Guard could teleport.

Seriously though, the AI are definitely not the most intelligent, but on the bright side, they ARE about 200% less stupid than the default AI in Arma 1.

Some improvements would be handy, like some kind of squad cohesion script, to stop team members from deciding to take a cross country trek on their own towards the enemy, usually with fatal results. Or just some kind of AI behaviour that makes them jump out of a soft skinned vehicle and go for cover if they're under fire and its not moving more than 5kmph.

Oh well, there's always Acemod2.

Flashpoint, oh what a golden game that was, if you where in command and you dropped to the floor, your men would all do the same. so yes i noticed this one too. The character called out "bmp, front, close" I dropped to the ground at the safe side of a hill. and one of my men casually strolled over the brow and got killed, sorry but special ops my ass, more like special needs. There was one time when i got injured and one of the men came over to help me and his head was proper twitching and swinging all over the place like he was on acid in a rave, not really applicable to this post but in a real life situation I wouldn't want him messing with wounds when doing that

When I've been down they've always called a medic for me. The bad thing is that these guys are mentally retarded rambos and think that they can come to help my sorry ass right in the midst of a fire. No need to drag me to safety first or secure the spot, just give the first aid right here and now, don't mind the mosquitos whizzing around.

Couple of commands that I'm missing is the stop command and 'watch direction N/E/S/W/somethingbetween'. I don't want to point a spot to watch but the general direction. It's much better on the move that way.

Generally I think the OFP's command system was better and had more options. Sure there was one button press more but so what, it was less of a hassle IMO.

Another problem is stacked commands. Zooming in in a gun with the mouse may also cause a target to be selected/unselected. Again, whenever on the map I tell team members ABC to move to a spot X, also my driver decides to move there. Let alone when calling for artillery support...

In the middle of a firefight when crouched by the rear tyre of an APC, they like to go for a 40m jog round the local area before actually getting in. Muppets.

Doesnt matter how close they are when I give the order to board. They still go for a nice long jog first. Maybe theres some back story we don't know yet, and actually they don't want to make it home...