Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

1.02 patch killed my game

Hey, I was loving arma 2 up until i got to the delaying the bear mission in which all soldiers are unresponsive "well done picking that one up before selling it bohemia." anyhow, i noticed there was a 1.02 patch out, i installed it and that was it. The game becomes unplayable, there is a terrible lag, wen you turn your head its terribly slow which isnt helped by the motion blur, you cant really move very fast and i ended up having to uninstall arma 2 and starting again without any patches applied.

My pc was just returned last week after getting £600 worth of upgrades and it handled arma 2 with all the settings to very high and played very smoothly so i have no idea why the patch caused a huge drain on the pc to make it lag so bad.

agreed, 1.02 caused game perfomance to become a slideshow. while 1.01 had perfect perfomance, though was still buggy.

If any of the bohemia staff read this, will you please take this into account when updating to 1.03 the irony of a bug in a patch to fix bugs makes me laugh

If any of the bohemia staff read this, will you please take this into account when updating to 1.03 the irony of a bug in a patch to fix bugs makes me laugh

Then this must be the first PC game you've ever played.

I had the same thing. After restarting the mission it worked fine.

Then this must be the first PC game you've ever played.

definatly not, very big on the original flashpoint when it first came out i still play it now

Damn,after restarting,reinstalling and god knows what,nothing damn work! Does anybody from dev team test their own missions ?

lol, i cant just choose units on map, or it's being done with 30 sec delay, its perverted, last time i was torturing myself this way when i was playing carmageddon at 486 75mhz, 8mb ram and s3 virge :)) (10-15 minute loads, lowest graphics settings(in tiny window) about 3-5 fps)

but now i dont want to feel anything like that as 1.01 worked fine, mind the bugs.

I feel silly now. Just had to upgrade in order to play online with my cousin and his mates and it turned out my 3D resolution in video options was up at like something stupid 3200 no wonder it killed the system. problem solved, just check your resolutions in graphics menus