Sign in to follow this  
Drake3571

So will the expansion pack take place in Takistan?

A mountainous map with deserts and oasises (sp?) sounds a lot like Sarah Lite to me. Personally, I liked Sahrani, but there was a lot of complaints about its mountainous terrain limiting scenarios. I think it's been there, done that.

I don't mind desert combat. As mentioned, a mix of mountainous terrain and large CQC type cities would be nice, like As Samawah from VBS2.

bring desert stuff, i wanna see fighting in afghanistan etc :)

otherwise i would like to see a campaign like red hammer from OFP, would love to play my own country in the campaign :)

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

I'd rather see a continuation of Chernarus to be honest. A primarily USMC expansion pack could open up the West side of the country even further, and add new units to compensate for the extended range, like the M777 Howitzer or the C-5 Galaxy.

And a primarily Russian expansion could open up the North of the country, with units like the IL-76 and the S-300/400. Way too much effort has been placed into Chernarus already to just see it dropped without continuation.

Would someone be interested if I start to work on Helmand province? ;) oh right, we have to wait for tools or maybe do A1 island first and then convert? :)

All I care about is that there is no warfare like missions. They suck balls

I think rocky and rough terrain without much vegetation, that still is somehow open would serve infantry oriented gameplay best. I am thinking in the lines of the Falklands, wide and rough landscape with lots micro-detail in the terrain that would provide cover for infantry. Perhaps the higher hardware load of such terrain would be offset by the spare vegetation. As I doubt the Falklands would officially appear in any Arma version, a fictional Takistan might work best.

How about Jungle?

I do like the idea of a true 'stan terrain type (rocky, rough ground, mountains, little vegetation - not desert) but the true calling of the Marines in WW2 was invasion of small Islands and coastal regions that often had tense jungle just a few meters from the beach.

Similar to Uhao island, but much larger in scale. No need to reskin units - although arguable having a desert variant camo might be good for modder addon islands to use with.

OTOH a tropical "jungle" island could offer a lot of intense brush-firefights, and would really highlight the special toys of the USMC - a desert conflict or mountain conflict has little use for AAV7.

I'd like to see LPD and LSD ships modelled, as well as LCACs and the AAAV. That would be proper gear for some amphib operations.

BIS better make engine allow underground tunnels, any Afghanistan type terrain really request them. Very narrow mountain roads would be make great ambush missions. And bring us some Apaches with FLIR abilities.

I don't want real conflicts and an real locations.

Real conflicts are diametrical conflicts and as such don't fit multiple side playable computer games.

Chernarus is perfect, the hills, nice villages, factories, forests, farmland and pastures, i dont think it can get any better than this, its also a suitable environment for all types of combat (armored, mechanised, infantry and air).

Also using any faction/side makes sense there so we can make missions using the US, Russia or any of the small factions.

Afghanistan would be a total bore since the taleban are just jihad joes with AK's. You can already create scenarios in the game where you face an enemy like that (AK/PK/RPG armed insurgents and civilians), you can even visit local towns and talk with the civilians there..

I dont know why you guys are asking for more already, last time i checked the editor i felt overwhelmed with the amount of content and the mission making possibilities.

I feel the suspicion that spamming the forum with such stuff is just a attempt to overcome boredom while waiting for the next patch to make this game enjoyable again.

Expansion/update or whatever you want to call it. BI still needs to get the USMC inventory right. For helos that need to be added, the CH-46 and CH-53 are badly needed. These two helos are the workhorses for the Marines. Also, fix the skin of the AV-8B (I've mentioned this before). The reticule for the ACOG RCO is wrong. Marines use different reticule that is accurate out to 800m. Here's a picture.

ACF66.jpg

For the love of God, give the officers helmets. They don't go into battle with "covers" saying hey look... I'm an officer... shoot me. Officers wear the same combat gear that enlisted wear.:rolleyes:

For the love of God, give the officers helmets. They don't go into battle with "covers" saying hey look... I'm an officer... shoot me. Officers wear the same combat gear that enlisted wear.:rolleyes:

lol You're right ... somehow this reminds me to "Saving Private Ryan" .... "Don't salute in front of the chief or would you like him to be the target?" :D

I think the officer character is meant just to be used as the guy briefing you on missions safely at base. There's already a way to have an officer wearing the gear of an enlisted man, since rank and command position can be assigned to any character in the editor.

Eh, just make a map of winter slovenia and croatia. We aint far away from blowing each others balls off... :D

Minor spoilers. After everything fades to black in the campaign some text plays across the screen detailing what happened to everyone involved afterwards.

Everyone in Razor team does a tour in a fictional place called Takistan. Particular mention is made of a mission called Operation Fiery Mountain where 1 member dies and another is wounded in "heavy street fighting".

I hope it's more Afghanistan than Khazakstan. Desert theme would be nice, although I would prefer the OFP1 style of more scripted missions that at least guarantee a decent battle rather than the free-form stuff.

And I think we can all agree that an expansion pack is inevitable, right guys?

There should be two or three I would think...:yay:

Eh, just make a map of winter slovenia and croatia. We aint far away from blowing each others balls off... :D

Chernarus already has a similar scenario, map, climate, and angry citizens. And dont make real scenario! Just put SNOW IN CHERNARUS!

Desert warefare is boring! It was beaten to death in the 90s because deserts were always easy to render in game.

Tank shoots targets at 2000m kaboom, Airplane shoots target at 8000m Kaboom.

More like mountain Afghanistan, then.

Scrub everywhere so they can fine-tune AI detection in foliage.

More like mountain Afghanistan, then.

Scrub everywhere so they can fine-tune AI detection in foliage.

I've had that enought with Arma 1 and it's mods and addons. :confused:

As other people have mentioned, Afghanistan is far from simple desert. Its a fairly arid climate, but most bits I've seen footage/photos of have been pretty well covered in fairly scrubby vegetation (where its not cleared land around villages or grassland) and intermittent stands of trees and a shite-ton of rocks. An Uzbek or Tajik style map would be pretty awesome also, as the terrain there is only slightly less 'other worldly' than Afghanistan, and would provide suitably nasty combat. 'Just another desert map' would be a waste, given that I'm sure Sakkakah Al Jawf and Avgani will be ported post-haste and are awesome desert maps in their own right, not to mention that there are way too many games out there as said before that have had desert combat of the middle-east variety. Something in the Central Asian flavour would be unique, and definitely in the long term far more interesting.

Anywhere will do as long as the art direction is solid.

I think we will get best reults from the programmers if they are re-creating area's they know well and have access to.

I'd like something Afghanny, I'd like that a lot, but I feel anything non Czechy would be a waste of these particular artists talents.

Anywhere will do as long as the art direction is solid.

I think we will get best reults from the programmers if they are re-creating area's they know well and have access to.

I'd like something Afghanny, I'd like that a lot, but I feel anything non Czechy would be a waste of these particular artists talents.

Yes that's the deal, the thing with BiS is that they are from europe, post eastern block so i doubt that they will be able to match Chernarus map in terms of authenticity and realistic fealing since theyve been living in Czechoslovakia all their lives probably. Its just a life long of expirenace.

And who doesent like NATO vs Soviet Union'esque nations :D

Id realy wish they would make another Cold War game.

You just cant beat the fealing of CWC, on the edge of doomsday.